what Horror flicks have you seen recently?

thedude57

I watched Pumpkinhead on Friday night, so long since I had seen it, but as I wanted to get Lance to sign on Saturday at Collectormania 20, thought I should refresh my memory. Holds up really well I think, always liked the mix of different Horror themes in it, trying to do something a bit different to other movies of the time, had a good chat with Lance about the movie as well and he then signed my DVD cover. Only thing that kind of bugs me a bit is that Pumpkinhead seems more Alien to me than Demon like but maybe that's seeing so much of Tom Woodruff Jr's Alien stuff you can see the similarities to his Alien creations.

The puppetry and special effect in Pumpkinhead are still pretty awesome. Way better than the CGI crap that some movies use.

I met Lance in Glasgow this year and was taken aback with just how nice a guy he was. Got him to sign my Alien DVD set and my Hard Target DVD.

He laughed when I handed him Hard Target, though when I said it was one of my favourite movies he got all serious and started telling me how much fun he had filming it and about the time they set him on fire lol. I spoke to him for a good 5 minutes much to the dismay of the people behind me but it totally made my day.

• Like 1

I have recently been catching up some of the movies I watched at fright fest. The conspiracy really is one of my favourite films this year. It's mix of conspiracy theory and horror. The use of sound in the film is amazing.

I loved The Conspiracy, the last half hour is so f**king tense
  • Like 1