what Horror flicks have you seen recently?

thedude57

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Pretty basic and useless remake offering nothing new to the franchise. JEH was good as Freddy. Didnt like that they made Nancy an emo kid...the only really nice thing was that made her mom a hot HERD MILF. Ending was naff and obviously trying to emulate the shock ending of the oroginal but it failed much like the Planet Of The Apes remake failed there to..

• 2 weeks later...

Zombieland:

Far better than Shaun of the Dead which was s***e although this film aint great either. Kinda funny but lacking in plot or substance and the characters are the archytypical geek, hot girl, kid sister and tough guy. There's too many references to other films and the only great thing about this one was the opening titles sequence although the narration is OK. Dumb, simple excuse to shoot some zombies and crack jokes. That's it. This felt more comedy rather than horror to me though.

Daybreakers:

Interesting and intelligent dark science-fiction about society becoming vampires as it tries to remain civilised and obey the rules despite thirst. Similar to 'Equilibrium' in photography and social commentary, it serves a great 'what if?' debate. And I loved the twist about rationing blood and selling it to the highest bidder like it was a comodity controlled by the greedy corprorate man. Willem Dafoe is great although the whole 'cure' thing was a bit unnnngh. More science-fiction than horror I thoght.

Edited by nicky