Is Kenny Baker not well?

When I was at LFCC 2010, I saw Kenny in a wheelchair and unable to speak. His wife was with him. I went upto apologize to him after I accidently snapped at him at LFCC 2009 (people were talking to me from all directions after I met Mr Baker for the first time at LFCC 2009. Kenny said to me to not let his signature get smudged on my Star Wars Original Trilogy Gold Boxset, I snapped at him by accident and said "all right!").

Part of the reason I went to LFCC 2010 was to personally apologize for the way I spoke to him in 2009. He nodded, and his wife spoke for him, saying thank you for apologizing. He may or may not have remembered who I was, but his wife seemed generally greatful.

Anyway, I was just wondering if he was doing okay. I didn't like seeing him in a wheelchair and not seem to not be able to speak.

My reaction to him in the previous year was not deserved and I only hope he can forgive me for it. :D

Edited by The 9th Doctor

If I remember correctly Kenny suffers serious Asthma among other illnesses and as a result would explain the whellchair. Because of his health he can no longer attend conventions abroad after being taken ill on a plane (not sure his choice or made for him). Plus you have to remember he is in his seventies so not sprightly!

Kenny was my 1st autograph and got me into this hobby, seen him at numerous events and always had his chair although walked a short distance at an event in norwich but has always been a pleasure to meet!

"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."

―C-3PO

:D

Edited by thepurplehoodedwarrior

If I remember correctly Kenny suffers serious Asthma among other illnesses and as a result would explain the whellchair. Because of his health he can no longer attend conventions abroad after being taken ill on a plane (not sure his choice or made for him). Plus you have to remember he is in his seventies so not sprightly!

Kenny was my 1st autograph and got me into this hobby, seen him at numerous events and always had his chair although walked a short distance at an event in norwich but has always been a pleasure to meet!

"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."

―C-3PO

:D

I remember hearing about his asthma issues in 2008, although I am not 100% sure. I realize he is in his 70's and not quite so "sprightly" as he once was. I'm just glad I got to apologize for my rude behaviour in 2009.

I hope he wasn't in any distress or pain at LFCC 2010 though as he is an awesome fellow and doesn't deserve to be ill in any way.

I didn't actually meet Kenny last weekend, but noticed on Sunday he was standing up signing autographs. Also whilst I was waiting in queue for Ken Colley's autograph, Kenny and I made eye contact he said hello to me so I responded asking how he was and he said he was doing alright. :D

Kenny is a great guy and as Jester says is always in great form... For a man in his 70's he's doing great... He is a bit deaf and his hearing aid does have issues at time so can cause some misundertanding... Glad you had the op to make sure no offense was taken..

• 3 weeks later...

what a gent he was, i felt so silly at the point i went for the autograph though, i put the photo before him and he had to ask me to hand it to him, it was only then i realised how tired he looked, i said sorry straight away and was really happy with the nice message he wrote on my photograph. his partner was really sweet too and said she liked my name and my hair, two very cool nice people and i look foward to meeting them again soon, he is coming to cork city for some star wars thing. was a pleasure speaking with him a true gent ;)