Edi Gathegi

At ET2 he was hilarious on stage, but one to one he seemed quite remote. Based on how he was on stage my mates and I opted to get a photo with him above all ther other guests and to be honest we were sorry we didn't get one with Gil instead. We were all doing Charlies Angels poses and being silly and Edi didn't even crack a smile in the pics. Still glad i met him though - I love Laurent.

TBF I'd hate to be diane (sorry if ive got the name wrong! im rubbish at remembering them) reading this right now :| To give her her dues we had a darker corner of the venue, and she did check EVERY single one of the photos, so im not sure what happened with eyes being closed and stuff.

I don't think it's necessarily her tbh (well in my case) coz my chaske shots were great! I think it was just everything she had to work with lol the lighting was really good in all my cm16 shots, but here it was bad. Maybe THE peach dress didn't do much for my skin tone hahaha

Don't diss the dress lol i have it on now hahaah

TBF I'd hate to be diane (sorry if ive got the name wrong! im rubbish at remembering them) reading this right now :| To give her her dues we had a darker corner of the venue, and she did check EVERY single one of the photos, so im not sure what happened with eyes being closed and stuff.

I don't think it's necessarily her tbh (well in my case) coz my chaske shots were great! I think it was just everything she had to work with lol the lighting was really good in all my cm16 shots, but here it was bad. Maybe THE peach dress didn't do much for my skin tone hahaha

Don't diss the dress lol i have it on now hahaah

Errmmm so have i LOL :WINCE:

My Daughter didn't have a good experience with Edi, having gone past the empty table quite a few times in the morning we were pleased to actually see him there for a signing. Daughter paid her money and picked a photo. Edi was sitting at the table with a comic type book in his hand, He obviously had no intention of putting it down and losing his place even though the assistant offered to hold it. He held the book with one hand and a pen with the other, wrote the dedication ( the name had all ready been written on the back of the payment slip) without touching the photo, it was left to the assistant to hold the photo steady and the name up. He turned his back , ok I accept it was to stop someone taking his photo. He never looked up once, didn't offer the photo from the table after signing just waited till my daughter picked it up. I thought he was rude and miserable. If someone doesn't want to do signings why come ? If we hadn't all ready paid for the photo and it had just been on the table in front of him as some were we would have walked away. Very dissapointed, and hope when future bookings are being made bad reviews are considered.

Edited by dee

To be honest, my money felt a little wasted, as did my time. He was very 'nothing'. He didn't look at me, didn't even face me, signed as if it didn't matter and the atmosphere felt VERY "get it done, get out, go!"

... but this has been a tradition with a lot of Twilight cast members I have met.

A few people have said he was very off because he has a 'NO PHOTO' sign up and people kept trying to take them anyway but, and I know this is very childish to say... how is that my fault? I respected the rule.

Last years LFCC was a little better, Justin and Alex were a laugh. Both actually sat the guest sides of the table, shaking hands, chatting, handing out hugs. Justin even tried to steal my camera to take a photo of Peter for me as he had a "NO PHOTO!!" sign up but was stopped in his tracks. Even Peter, though very dismissive, gave a smile and a hand shake. He'd missed his flight, therefore missing Saturday and had to fit EVERYBODY into one day that had originally been spread out for two. He signed at double speed, had a double length photo shoot to deal with yet was still far more approachable and appreciative than Edi.

I do hope they don't both asking him back to a convention again.

(I had a bit of a rant about the whole thing in a thread titled 'Guest Attitudes')

Edited by Pogomonkeytutu

my photos from shoot b always come out better then the ones in A that could be because of my skin tone or it could be that malcom ( after all this time ) still scares the poop out of me sometimes especialy when its busy.

edi was like that at et2 with me but ok with my mate so i didn't bother this time, i did talk to tyson at one point and he seemed as nice and as aprochable as he was at et2 if not more confedent.

my photos from shoot b always come out better then the ones in A that could be because of my skin tone or it could be that malcom ( after all this time ) still scares the poop out of me sometimes especialy when its busy.

edi was like that at et2 with me but ok with my mate so i didn't bother this time, i did talk to tyson at one point and he seemed as nice and as aprochable as he was at et2 if not more confedent.

aye i asked tyson how he was dealing with it and he said it was easier than ET lol

aye i asked tyson how he was dealing with it and he said it was easier than ET lol

Not so many screaming teenagers lol

I would have loved to meet him for his role on House (not into Twilight at all) but am kinda glad I didn't stretch my budget for it 'cause it seems like he was not a pleasant guest to meet (as it is, I have only had wonderful experiences this weekend).

i met him and picked the house photograph and if you peek in Guest Attitudes, i wrote our exact conversation, small as it was it was better than some peoples.

• Showmasters Admin

Saying that, my photo shoot with him, was a complete waste of time as my eyes are closed!!!! Went home very upset about that. But that is not his fault but the lady photographer! It doesn't take long to take a second picture.... I won't be buying any photos in future in the B group as this isn't the first picture where I had this problem :D

Hi Team Paul,

Our photographer has checked back through the photos and can not find any with the eyes closed scenario that werent fixed. Both photographers check each pictures on the camera and then they are checked again before they go to the printers. Then they are checked again before they are put out on the table. Occasionally one will slip through but we always try our best to arrange reshoots or fix the pictures in post.

I am going to email you for a description of your self to see if we can sort this matter. Both of our photographers hold themselves to an incredibly high standard and we trust them both implicitly. Lets see if we can fix this for you.

thanks

i met Edi on the saturday afternoon and he was lovely. i asked him if he was having a good time and he said he loved it in the UK. he asked if i was having a good time at LFCC as i was working it. i thanked him for coming and he thanked me for coming to see him. my photo shoot with him was ok as well.

Of all the guests at LFCC, Edi was the one I was most looking forward to meeting.

After Alex, bronson, Justin and peter(all amazing when i met them ) i won't lie, I had high expectations.

so dissapointed as he wasnt even that busy!

Peter was wicked , wrote whatever you asked, even wrote something of his own on one of my pics.

and the others were wicked - I guess its hard not to compare!

Would meet him again, for no other reason then to better my photoshoot, he didnt look happy.

im telling myself its his moody vampire pose lol

Edited by frosty