latest Guest Announcement - LESLIE HOFFMAN

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for taking the time to come on the message boards, it's great to see you hear and I'm looking forward to later this month.

It must be pretty tough to get that stunts right sometimes so I was just wondering which of your stunts took the longest to get right for whatever reasons?

Probably the most dangerous and technical one was on the movie "1941" I was doubling Wendie Jo Sperber as the sidecar split off of the motorcycle at night. No problems there but then on another night we had to do the jump into the back of a truck/lorry and each time the stuntman drove the motorized sidecar down the loading dock, right before the jump we would stall out. He finally tried to make the jump but we stalled at the top of the ramp and slammed right into the back of the lorry. The stuntman who was strapped in flipped over and went to the ground (which was padded) I slide onto the lorry. Had we hit any lower we both would have been killed!

So they could not get the shot and told us to come back tomorrow night. Now that is something to think about all day!!!!!! When we got there, it turned out that the petrol/gas line to the engine was between the board that was the seat for the stuntman and the metal pipes that the board was laying on. This means we kept running out of petrol but each time the stuntman got out of sidecar the petrol would flow to the engine again!!!! A VERY dangerous mistake that could have cost two lives :blink:

I guess it was time for either of us. We did the stunt two more times, until they got it for camera. We are both here to talk about it.

Leslie

Hi Leslie

I'd like to thank you for coming on here and anwsering our questions.

I just have a quick one. Whats it like working on the fan produced New Voyages as opposed to working for a big studio produced Star Trek?

Again thanks for taking the time for us and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Hi Leslie

I'd like to thank you for coming on here and anwsering our questions.

I just have a quick one. Whats it like working on the fan produced New Voyages as opposed to working for a big studio produced Star Trek?

Again thanks for taking the time for us and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Believe it or not there is no difference. Stunts are real and possibly dangerous if not done or set up correctly.

The big advantage is when I work for New Voyages, I am only an hour away from Home. They film in Northern New York and Saranac Lake, NY is even further North. I love the Adirondack Mountains, you may not get great cell reception or internet but you can see the Stars (I am not referring to Actors) at night and it reminds me how lucky I was to grow up in such a Beautiful Place.

See you soon,

Leslie

• Showmasters Admin

ok you horror fans

you all want more guest well we have a few for this event and we shall see how they do , as if it dose go well we will up the game and bring in more horror guest for you to meet .

so if you do want this to happen please get the word out of the fan sites and forums so they all do good and we see there is a demand for these guests.

help us to help you and we will deliver , you all know we can .

thanks guys

Jason

Hi Leslie

Have you ever turned a stunt job down because it seemed too dangerous? Or is this a silly question :lol:

Again a great question and the answer is YES!!!!! I was asked to drive a motorcycle and lay it down. I am NOT a motorcycle rider. I love sitting on the back and riding. Actually I do know how to drive an ATV (4 wheels) so I understand shifting.

The bottom line is I am not a daredevil. The risk that I would cause to myself and also endangering the rest of the Cast and Crew, is not worth all the money in the World.

Life is too short anyway, I want to enjoy it. I want to come and see LONDON!!!!!!! And that is why a smart stunt person will say no to a stunt they can not do. :clap:

Leslie :clap:

Hi Leslie,

Just wanted to say a quick hi :clap:

Also among all the Directors you have worked with, whos been your favourite and do you have any wonderful memories of working with them?

Richard :clap:

P.S. We all look forward to seeing you next week.

ok you horror fans

you all want more guest well we have a few for this event and we shall see how they do , as if it dose go well we will up the game and bring in more horror guest for you to meet .

so if you do want this to happen please get the word out of the fan sites and forums so they all do good and we see there is a demand for these guests.

help us to help you and we will deliver , you all know we can .

thanks guys

Jason

Hi Jason,

Besides doing Nightmare on Elm Street. I have been in other Horror Films as well.

Motel Hell (I tried to drown a girl):firedevil:

Hounds of Hell (Set on fire by a naughty puppy):help:

The Car (chased by the car and it also spooked horses that ran over us) :clap:

If have been kicked, stabbed, shoot, phaser shoot in the back but as all stunt people I keep coming back for more :clap:

Leslie

Edited by stuntrek

Hi Leslie,

Just wanted to say a quick hi :clap:

Also among all the Directors you have worked with, whos been your favourite and do you have any wonderful memories of working with them?

Richard :lol:

P.S. We all look forward to seeing you next week.

Hi Richard,

In a previous post I talked about how much I like Wes Craven so I will tell you an embarrassing story about a Director that is great.

I was working on Star Trek: Voyager doubling Torres in "Blood Fever", the Director was absolutely wonderful....always complimenting, nothing seemed to upset him and I walked away feeling job well done and it had been an usual stunt I had to do as well. The next day I am talking to fellow stunt man Tom Morga (who will be in London as well) saying how much I loved working with Director on Voyager and Tom replied, "Yes Garak is really nice to work with....."

"What!!!!" I said that is Andrew Robinson directing?!?!?!?"

"Yes, I didn't you know it was him?"

"No, I have only seen him in makeup!!!!!!"

I worked on the episode a day or so later and made sure to say "Hi" to Andy :clap:

Leslie

Edited by stuntrek

Hi Leslie

I have an odd question, if you had never gotten involved in acting and stunt work, what would you have done instead?

Hope to see you at the convention,

Andrew ^_^

Hi Andrew,

I would have kept trying, seriously. While trying to be an actor or stunt person maybe I would have picked something else behind the camera to do, to at least survive out here. I have always loved the Film Industry and never was or will let anything stop me. That is just the way I am.

Always reach for your goal and never give up, but if Life goes differently than what you were hoping for at least you can say you tried. :dance:

May your Life give you everything you want and see you soon,

Leslie

Edited by stuntrek

Dear Leslie,

Not sure if you're still 'live' on the forum, but if you are it was an absolute pleasure to meet you on Sunday. (I was the guy who asked you about Roxann Dawson and then got you to sign a Nightmare photo!). You told us how Roxann was lifted on a chair rather than on wires due to her pregnancy.

Hopefully one day you'll return to London, in which case let us know as my wife and I would love to take you out for a meal if you have time, or just a coffee (or a proper English cup of tea!).

Very best wishes,

Paul and Isabel