LFCC general chat

Thought this might be an idea..to get to know folk etc without clogging up other topics!

To start..I had a dream about LFCC last night. It was weirddddd. I got kicked out because I had a fight with someone and I had forgot to shave my legs for a costume which showed my legs lmao! :wub:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, good dream that one. Let's just hope it's not prophetic, eh?

I'm looking really forward to LFCC, we (me, hubby and two friends) are arriving on Thursday morning to spend a couple of days enjoying London, then two days at the con and we leave on Monday. I intend to go to a show on Thursday, I really want to see Avenue Q.

Is everyone else just coming for the weekend or are you guys staying longer too?

I'm there friday night, but thats because I dont really like travelling the morning of an event.

I also had a dream awhile back about this event. Scarlett Johansson was there, but not even the crew knew when lol She randomly turned up and did a shoot and everyone with tickets were sort of quietly rushed over.

She kissed me on the cheek and I fainted and that was my picture lol Her laughing while I was half way out the pic falling down lol

*hint hint Jason* :P

I'm travelling for both days, only takes about an hour each way for me, so cheaper to travel rather than get hotel room, so more to spend at the event!!

I'm obviously not eating the right stuff before bedtime, no dreams anywhere near as bizarre (about LF&CC anyway!).

Scarlett randomly turning up eh? would be good.....wonder if any famous person has ever thought to turn up unannounced at an event like this to just hang out with fans and sign for free just for fun?

Oh she was a guest we all knew about, she just didnt tell SM when lol

And I used to do the day thing for LFCC, but after last year on the sunday (earliest train was 8:15am from my town and I had to be there before that to help crew lol so 6am bus to uxbridge then the first tube and changes) really made me want the hotel experiences I've had at Midlands and Hubs.

Suprise guest would be ok for these events, but for the weekend cons? *glares at Bad Wolf*

If I go and the suprise guest is no one I want, I'll feel liek I spent money I didnt need to.

If I dont go and its someone like Tennant? I'd feel so annoyed :lol:

Stil havnt decided.

I think they should have suprise guests..would be pretty sexy!

No I'd not like that. In fact, it's happened to me before at another (non-SM) event. I was surprised to see the guest there, and was annoyed that they'd not been announced, as it meant I didn't bring the things I wanted them to sign. I met them briefly anyway, but now need to wait for them to be announced at another event to get their autographs.

Its not just now, I've been on team ScarJo for years and years.

But now shes in Iron Man 2 kicking butt and taking names, the general public can feel my love!

I think everyone's been on team ScarJo since the beginning shot from Lost In Translation. Loved that film.

Scarlett Johansson was there...She kissed me on the cheek and I fainted and that was my picture lol Her laughing while I was half way out the pic falling down lol

Jesus, dude, when Scarlett Johansson turns up in my dreams she does a hell of a lot more than kiss me on the cheek.

Scarlett Johansson was there...She kissed me on the cheek and I fainted and that was my picture lol Her laughing while I was half way out the pic falling down lol

Jesus, dude, when Scarlett Johansson turns up in my dreams she does a hell of a lot more than kiss me on the cheek.

He wasn't talking about his face cheek

I'm with Christoff, I'd hate someone like, well as shes been a topic here, ScarJo was a suprise guest. I have stuff other than 8x10s (steady guys lol) that I'd want signed.

I mean, I'd still literally punch people out of the way to get photoshoot and VQ tickets lol But I'd still feel a bit crappy about not getting my copy of Lost In Translation signed (I could probably get an Iron Man 2 poster at the con easily though, less they sell out)

Thats whats annoying about Bad Wolf. Depending on who the guest is (Tennant, Ageymen, Tate, Kingston, Cribbins) I have various things I want signed, meaning if I go I'll have to take it all just in case :D

And yes, usually she does more than that in my dreams too, but then we're not usually in Earls Court in front of loads of people lol

Ahem...anyway...

In fact, it's happened to me before at another (non-SM) event. I was surprised to see the guest there, and was annoyed that they'd not been announced, as it meant I didn't bring the things I wanted them to sign. I met them briefly anyway, but now need to wait for them to be announced at another event to get their autographs.

Thats why I end up packing loads of stuff with me whenever I go to a weekend con, 'just in case', more often than not i end up not needing the stuff and moaning about what a useless exercise that was.

However, I have been well chuffed when my gamble has come off a couple of times (especially if the dealers at the event don't have anything relating to that guest).

I understand why it's done, to raise ticket sales / reward attendees who go regardless of the guests. Also some guests may not be able to commit till the last minute.

Scarlett is lovely tho, can't see her doing LF&CC tho.

Went to see Iron Man 2 yesterday, and now I love Scarlett Johansson even more then I already did!

Loved the movie, would have liked to see more of Ivan Vanko though.

Is there a double feature of Toy Story 1&2 in 3D in the UK too? I really want to go, but it's only till wednesday, and they all start between 9.45 and 13.00. I'm going to try to get half a day off from work to go there, would love to see these two movies in the cinema!

Went to see Iron Man 2 yesterday, and now I love Scarlett Johansson even more then I already did!

Loved the movie, would have liked to see more of Ivan Vanko though.

Is there a double feature of Toy Story 1&2 in 3D in the UK too? I really want to go, but it's only till wednesday, and they all start between 9.45 and 13.00. I'm going to try to get half a day off from work to go there, would love to see these two movies in the cinema!

Saw both of them on there individual 2 week runs back in october 2009 and jan this year they are worth seeing in 3d :D

I cant wait for Toy Story 3!

And I've seen IM2 3 times now lol Need to go back again too. My girlfriend is doing Scarlett's Black Widow costume for LFCC if she can.

I am going to be doing an Tony Stark costume (flight test from IM1) but that wont be untill CM London as I need time and funds to make it.

Too bad the release date for TS3 is a week AFTER LFCC, we could have gone with a group :-) I'd actually really like to do a TS costume, would have to choose between Little Bo Peep and Jessie. But, a little green man costume would really kick ass too. (bit unwieldy though)

I just loved the Black Widow, she was ubercool.

For the next few years, we have a superhero lineup that's overflowing with coolness!

2011: Thor, Cptn America and Nick Fury will get their movies, Wolverine 2

2012: Avengers and Batman 3

I'm probably leaving many out, but those are the ones that spring to mind. Wasn't Storm supposed to get her own movie too?

Wasn't Storm supposed to get her own movie too?

That was just wishful thinking on Halle Berry's part - she was like, "Well if Wolverine gets his own movie, I should be able to too!" or something like that.

X-Men-wise we X-Men: First Class to look forward to which has been fast-tracked to a summer 2011 release...and then there's the Deadpool movie and of course Wolverine 2. I'm not sure if the Magneto movie is still going ahead or what.

Edited by nicky