Dear Showmasters

talie

Yeah there were still golds left even after camping out anyway not many but there never is we had a right laugh camping out someone was playing the New Moon soundtrack we had cookies, pop, popcorn and had a right good natter an then went for brekkie after it was lovely :D Missed it last time it would just be where do we camp cos the reg desks right next to the party/automatic doors lol sooo but yeah all the other cons still get to buy at the event :(

Spose it could be at the bit outside the halls? plenty big enough and the desk could be the one they were selling photoshoots at?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They only stopped it because they needed to get some money in advance for one of the cons.

I don't think there's any chance of anyone actually missing out - there are never 150+ people insane enough to stay up all night, and not everyone's getting gold - as long as a prospective gold pass holder gets down to the desk first thing Sunday they're pretty much guaranteed a ticket. Of course this depends on guest announcements - if say, Rob was announced, then yes you'd probably have to stay up for a gold . . .

I think it's just another bit of fun myself, and though I understand the arguments against it I think it's worth reinstating, if only for another chance to squeeze every drop of fun and silliness from the cons.

I dont know what the reason for selling tickets before ET3, but it is up to them how they run it after all.

**Edit** See my next post for the original reason, just for clarification.

There are some that really enjoyed the camp out, others that prefer buying online at a designated time.

Showmasters/Massive Events have done both - you can never please everybody sadly.

Even if they dont do the selling at the con, you could always have a midnight meet up if it is the social aspect you like. :D

Edited by Rhianydd

They only stopped it because they needed to get some money in advance for one of the cons.

I don't think there's any chance of anyone actually missing out - there are never 150+ people insane enough to stay up all night, and not everyone's getting gold - as long as a prospective gold pass holder gets down to the desk first thing Sunday they're pretty much guaranteed a ticket. Of course this depends on guest announcements - if say, Rob was announced, then yes you'd probably have to stay up for a gold . . .

I think it's just another bit of fun myself, and though I understand the arguments against it I think it's worth reinstating, if only for another chance to squeeze every drop of fun and silliness from the cons.

I dont know what the reason for selling tickets before ET3, but it is up to them how they run it after all.

There are some that really enjoyed the camp out, others that prefer buying online at a designated time.

Showmasters/Massive Events have done both - you can never please everybody sadly.

Even if they dont do the selling at the con, you could always have a midnight meet up if it is the social aspect you like. :D

Aye it's ace but the whole point is getting your tickets :3 lol It's not a complaint not at all, it's just like Jazz said earlier the other cons still get them at the event, and it just makes the process that much more fun!

Aye it's ace but the whole point is getting your tickets :3 lol It's not a complaint not at all, it's just like Jazz said earlier the other cons still get them at the event, and it just makes the process that much more fun!

I never read it as a complaint. Just an idea :(

True, I know you guys had loads of fun camping out, with all the special treats and things you baked to bring :D

I know you are not complaining, dont worry. :(

Jason and Mark will decide what is the best way for the con, we will have to wait and see what that method of selling tickets is, it really is good that they plan to keep the ET cons going, they are so popular and have a fantastic atmosphere.

Spectrum, I did have a look back in the ET3 forum, and this is what Jason actually said as the reason for the tickets going on sale early, not to quibble, but I didnt remember them saying that it was because they needed money, just interested numbers in advance

Jason said:

With the amazing success of New Moon we have been asked by some of the Stars agents to book the guests well in advance for our event at the end of 2010 to help with their schedules as they will be busy next year and many of the actors do want to attend this event. Because of this we need to put tickets on sale as this is the best way to gauge the response of ET4 and gives us the potential to book the best guests we can. This will happen next week.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55307

I prefer to buy the tix online, I am not much for camping out for tix..done that enough times for concert tix..lol. I get it that ppl enjoy it and to each their own but to me getting tix online like they did for ET4 worked just fine for me.

I made great friends at the convention regardless...amazing how easy it is to get intouch with ppl just by standing in line and just hang out lol, love that.

But I don't think gold or silver have ever sold out at the actual event for a Twilight convention?

"Past performance is no guide to future results. Demand for gold and silver tickets can go up as well as down"

Mmmm I know, but I did say don't quote me as I wasn't sure lol. Also, demand might go up or down for tickets but past sales for the three ET's are a pretty good indicator to go by I would think and depending on guests etc. I find it hard to imagine that silver & gold which combined I think = over 300 tickets selling out at the convention tbh

Edited by _Chelsea_

I just wanna say the reason I suggested this thread is for a lot of reasons

A) It's something else to do at the conventions and if like me, or jazz, sam etc.. you've been to all of them it spices things up a bit

B) I tend to moan (a lot) so I'm actually trying to suggest things

C) No one is saying you HAVE to camp out, but it's a nice wee reward so to speak for those who wanna make the effort or have the choice to certify they are gonna deffo get the ticket they want

D) It prevents a lot of the race to buy tickets online and the crashing/work for Jola

E) People know their numbers in advance

F) It's fun

But I wont bother suggesting things in future cus it seems people just like to shoot down ideas.

But I don't think gold or silver have ever sold out at the actual event for a Twilight convention?

"Past performance is no guide to future results. Demand for gold and silver tickets can go up as well as down"

Mmmm I know, but I did say don't quote me as I wasn't sure lol. Also, demand might go up or down for tickets but past sales for the three ET's are a pretty good indicator to go by I would think and depending on guests etc. I find it hard to imagine that silver & gold which combined I think = over 300 tickets selling out at the convention tbh

Exactly, in the past before the whole buying on-line thing came about, the whole thing was tough spam if it sold out at the convention anyway it was your reward so to speak for loyalty to SM.....

Maybe I should go back to being a whinging cow? Seems people like to moan at me no matter which route I take.

:( Oh shush, everyone just expressing their own ideas thats all, not shooting you down

I am sure that lots of things at the cons came about from just this sort of brain-storming/ideas being thrown around, dont feel down

Just keep suggesting ideas :D

TBH that's how it feels rofl =[ It's not like I suggested something that would alienate people, this gives people a choice....and it was just an idea, maybe I'm just being paranoid lol.

But I feel like a lot of the time I probably come across miserable and moany when really I'm just expressing how I feel, so i thought id come suggest ideas they dont really hurt anyone lol

Suggest ideas?

OK....

No1. Rhi - a cake stall :P

No2. a real campfire....yes in the hilton, and if it burns down - im not responsible...

No3. a cake stall B)

LOL cake <3

Though im meant to be slimming :(

Id totally be up for this,

some of us stayed up all night at ET3 and it personally gave that edge to my weekend and made amazing friends. :(

One of the best parts of the con <3 Even if you guys did bully me!

66831001.jpg

and imagine how fun it is with the end result being u having a gold ticket B)

some of us stayed up all night at ET3 and it personally gave that edge to my weekend and made amazing friends. B)

LMAO. Whats up with your ankle??!?! :D

some of us stayed up all night at ET3 and it personally gave that edge to my weekend and made amazing friends. :(

66831001.jpg

and imagine how fun it is with the end result being u having a gold ticket :firedevil:

Hillarity...

I miss our ventures :P