latest Guest Announcement Eric Bristow

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

World Ch'ship Winner 1980, 1981, 1984, 1985, 1986

World Masters Winner 1977, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1984

World Ch'ship SF 1997

World Matchplay 1st Rd (6 times, 94-99)

Bristow won his first world championship in 1980, defeating fellow Londoner Bobby George, and so began a decade's worth of domination, in which he would retain his title in 1981 and win it again in 1984, 1985 and 1986. Like his snooker contemporary Steve Davis, however, he had to cope also with a shock defeat during this period, when young unknown Keith Deller beat him in the 1983 final, not to mention Steve Brennan in the previous year's 1st Round. He finished as runner-up on four other occasions up to 1991.

The nickname of the Crafty Cockney was given to Bristow when he visited an English pub of that name in 1976 during a visit to Santa Monica, California. It became a nomenclature which stuck throughout his career. Bristow wore a shirt (which he received from the same pub) depicting a uniformed British policeman, a Union Flag and the title Crafty Cockney whenever he took part in a tournament.

darts_18164t.jpg

arrow-Picture-64.jpg

bristow_256295s.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bristow

I'm not a fan particularly, but I do note that he used to live here in our villlage, Longsdon in Staffordshire. He got in trouble with the police when he caused amusement by putting a statue of the snowman (from the cartoon) on top of the police car while he was drunk! :D

I'm not a fan particularly, but I do note that he used to live here in our villlage, Longsdon in Staffordshire. He got in trouble with the police when he caused amusement by putting a statue of the snowman (from the cartoon) on top of the police car while he was drunk! ;)

I was just about to post keep him away from any snowmen :P

I'm not a fan particularly, but I do note that he used to live here in our villlage, Longsdon in Staffordshire. He got in trouble with the police when he caused amusement by putting a statue of the snowman (from the cartoon) on top of the police car while he was drunk! :D

I was just about to post keep him away from any snowmen ;)

Haha, very true! Great to see another Collectormaniac from Staffordshire btw :)

blackrose: how small world, i just followed your facebook link, we have 3 friends in common... Mark Sheppard, a girl I used to go to school with and a lady I used to work with! :P