Cosplay

naurarwen_fangorn

I need Cosplay Alec Help!

Could really use any help, especially from the Cosplay Cullens (Victoria, Sam, Jemma) because they do such an amazing costume job every con!

I'm having REAL trouble with Alec's cosplay costume, I have a trench coat simliar to his and was thinking of cutting a hood off a cheap hoddie and tying it around the neck somehow... but then i'm having alot of trouble with finding a black turtle neck! I thought it would be MUCH easier finding one but it's proving quite difficult..

I'm also going to be cosplaying as New Moon Alec, but will probably buy his coat off CosplaySky if i can afford it...

So, could anyone help with my Eclipse Costume Dilema or with Alec New Moon incase i cant afford it?

Thanks loads!

OH and if anyone has any good Alec Eclipse stills, could i have a lend?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing Eclipse Alec? Cuz NM Alec..I think a regular shirt would suffice.

Yeah i'm planning on doing both over the weekend,

I already have a grey shirt and black trousers so all i'd need for NM Alec would be the Coat and a wine scarf of some kind.. I'd probably just buy some wine material and get my mum to sew it into a scarf shape..

It's really just the Eclipse Costume i'm having the most difficulty with..

I already have a grey shirt and black trousers so all i'd need for NM Alec would be the Coat and a wine scarf of some kind.. I'd probably just buy some wine material and get my mum to sew it into a scarf shape..

I'm on msn now if you want some help I'll have a looky round for ya now.

Not sure what size you are or how good you are at modifying but I reckon this could be modded into the New Moon jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VTG-Indie-Mod-Wool-D...=item1c10fa5c25

This could also be modified

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Losekann-Stunning-Bl...=item5d2875b8d9

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

I'm on msn now if you want some help I'll have a looky round for ya now.

Not sure what size you are or how good you are at modifying but I reckon this could be modded into the New Moon jacket.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VTG-Indie-Mod-Wool-D...=item1c10fa5c25

I like that coat! But, how would i modify it?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm new to cosplay

And i found this Coat, This would seem easy enough to modify, just get rid of the zip and move every second button in alittle like it is on the Alec Jacket.

Although, i think it would be quite shorter than alecs Jacket,

What does everyone think?

And i found this Coat, This would seem easy enough to modify, just get rid of the zip and move every second button in alittle like it is on the Alec Jacket.

You didn't post a link lol so couldn't tell you.

The first jacket you would have to turn in the peacoat part of it so the front of it is straight at the front and joins. Then add the buttons and cording yourself. You may also have to alter the collar as well to make it straighter at the front.

The first jacket you would have to turn in the peacoat part of it so the front of it is straight at the front and joins. Then add the buttons and cording yourself. You may also have to alter the collar as well to make it straighter at the front.

lol only saw that now!

This is the coat, it would need much less altering

Alec Jacket Possibility

All that would to be done is every second button to be moved in and for the zip to be taken out

Edited by Bring On The Grizzly Bears

Tif, you were looking for flash back Cauis pics? Well on the DVD/blu ray there is a special feature..an hour long docu..I cant remember what its called. But there are some stills in it of the flash back costumes :). If you cant find it I can take photos with my phone, they wont be great though.

Sam thats ace, I wish I was a size 6 :P

Thank youuu :)

i got some trousers and a possible waistcoat material :)

ooh! i've also founf a good bella jacket where she is riding the motorbike :P

lol only saw that now!

Alec Jacket Possibility

All that would to be done is every second button to be moved in and for the zip to be taken out

OMG Shaun you have to get that jacket!!!!! Its not long enough but other than that its spot on

I agree about the jacket! Its awesome! :P

Well I noticed this the other day but only just screencapped it now. Someone in post production has alot of explaining to do as to how they missed the fact you can see Michael Sheen's eye colour just under his pupil because obviously his pupil has gotten a bit too small leaving the tiny line of colour round the bottom half of his pupil

aroeye.jpg

lol only saw that now!

Alec Jacket Possibility

perfecctt :)

Well I noticed this the other day but only just screencapped it now. Someone in post production has alot of explaining to do as to how they missed the fact you can see Michael Sheen's eye colour just under his pupil because obviously his pupil has gotten a bit too small leaving the tiny line of colour round the bottom half of his pupil

aroeye.jpg

Tschhh! talk about being observant!!!!! haha

Nice find Sam! lol

Yeah, i'm totally gonna get the coat, but i'm gonna leave it until its almost over so i'm guaranteed it!

And as for it being alittle shorter, well i just see it as an interpreatation of it! lol :D

Can't wait for ET4 to have it all on! ESPECIALLY with the man HIMSELF in attendance! :D:YAHOO:

Nice find Sam! lol

Yeah, i'm totally gonna get the coat, but i'm gonna leave it until its almost over so i'm guaranteed it!

And as for it being alittle shorter, well i just see it as an interpreatation of it! lol :D

Can't wait for ET4 to have it all on! ESPECIALLY with the man HIMSELF in attendance! :D:YAHOO:

Shaun you will have to let me know when the jacket arrives. Also a friend of mine should know where to get the cord type things for next to the buttons as she used one on my Draco robe so I'm going to ask her what I need to look up that way I should be able to find them for you. Shame you don't live closer as I'd have loved to help you with the jacket. Dont forget we want some pics when you get it.

Tschhh! talk about being observant!!!!! haha

Too observant for my own good but you know what I'm like Tiff.

And Dayna not sure about being on the post production team but I did tweet it to Michael Sheen last night but he hasn't replied :D

Shaun will you wear that outfit the same day as your photoshoot with Cameron as that'd be awesome!

Ommm how mean of Michael Sheen not to reply Sam! Especially as he's been tweeting away today lol. Well, this morning atleast. No idea about this afternoon as I haven't been on lol.

Shaun will you wear that outfit the same day as your photoshoot with Cameron as that'd be awesome!

Ommm how mean of Michael Sheen not to reply Sam! Especially as he's been tweeting away today lol. Well, this morning atleast. No idea about this afternoon as I haven't been on lol.

Yeah he's been tweeting alot :blink: oh well didn't expect a reply but yeah just thought I'd do it anyway. I just said lol contact lense fail.

No pics yet, but will take some when/if (but totally will) the coat comes!

I wish i did live nearer to you to Sam!! You always do such an AWESOME job with your cosplay costumes!!

Also, i think i know a place in the town somewhere that does that sort of decorative things for clothes/costumes.

How's Volterra Edward & all the rest coming along?

Also, i've never been a fan of photoshoots in costume, but seeing as this might be my ONLY chance to meet Cameron, i may consider doing NM Alec!

I was JUST thinking about if they did announce the Final Showdown as a them, i'm TOTALLY gonna make an adaption of what i think Alec would wear to the fight!

How about everyone else?

I wish i did live nearer to you to Sam!! You always do such an AWESOME job with your cosplay costumes!!

Also, i think i know a place in the town somewhere that does that sort of decorative things for clothes/costumes.

Also, i've never been a fan of photoshoots in costume, but seeing as this might be my ONLY chance to meet Cameron, i may consider doing NM Alec!

Volterra Edward hasn't even been started yet I'm still looking for a decent pattern to make the robe and when I get it I'm going for a trip to Manchester to get the material as my friend said she knows some material thats like £4 a metre for the dress velvet. I can't afford to make it proper with the velvet on the inside and the silk on the outside so I'm going to use John Henson's suggestion of using the velvet inside out to make it.

You should move to Blackpool Shaun then I could help you with your costumes all the time. If worse comes to the worse and your really stuggling with something you could always mail it to me and I'll do whatever needs to be done and I can send it back.

Volterra Edward hasn't even been started yet I'm still looking for a decent pattern to make the robe and when I get it I'm going for a trip to Manchester to get the material as my friend said she knows some material thats like £4 a metre for the dress velvet. I can't afford to make it proper with the velvet on the inside and the silk on the outside so I'm going to use John Henson's suggestion of using the velvet inside out to make it.

You should move to Blackpool Shaun then I could help you with your costumes all the time. If worse comes to the worse and your really stuggling with something you could always mail it to me and I'll do whatever needs to be done and I can send it back.

AWH! You're AWESOME Sam! :blink:

Although, my costumes this year are quite simply done so I shouldn't have too much trouble with them.

lol, i feel like such a weirdo getting my costumes together already!

AWH! You're AWESOME Sam! :smile:

Although, my costumes this year are quite simply done so I shouldn't have too much trouble with them.

lol, i feel like such a weirdo getting my costumes together already!

better then being like "crap! i REALLY need to get this done" like...two weeks before the con :WAVE:

i don't even know where to start...or what i'm doing... :/