Tips for a newbe

debsa68

Make a list a check it twice, these things can often be very manic sometimes you'll find yourself at the end of the day thinking that I haven't stopped to eat or drink once! Bring supplies... that includes batteries.

Plan what you want to get signed plan your route to and from the hotel. Planning is half the fun and takes the pressure of you when it finally comes around.

Be yourself, when you meet the guests don't be nervous just be natural they are just average jo's like you and I. Don't act stalkerish or mad by following them around or harassing them, give them space. (Not that you would do that but a general)

Most of all enjoy yourself, bring your camera to take all those pictures to form a great memory of your first con!

Make a list a check it twice, these things can often be very manic sometimes you'll find yourself at the end of the day thinking that I haven't stopped to eat or drink once! Bring supplies... that includes batteries.

Plan what you want to get signed plan your route to and from the hotel. Planning is half the fun and takes the pressure of you when it finally comes around.

Be yourself, when you meet the guests don't be nervous just be natural they are just average jo's like you and I. Don't act stalkerish or mad by following them around or harassing them, give them space. (Not that you would do that but a general)

Most of all enjoy yourself, bring your camera to take all those pictures to form a great memory of your first con!

Plus don't be afraid to talk to any of us, making new friends just adds to the fun.

1. Learn who TooTall is when you get there. He's a great help if you have any problems/questions. Trust me, you'll know him when you see him. :P

2. You'll be assigned a group number based on your ticket number. Everything on the schedule will be based on your group number. Print yourself a copy of the schedule when it's posted so you know what you'll be doing when. It really helps to plan ahead. You can get in line for autographs/photo ops any time *after* your group is called, but not before.

3. Have fun and go with the flow!

2. You'll be assigned a group number based on your ticket number. Everything on the schedule will be based on your group number. Print yourself a copy of the schedule when it's posted so you know what you'll be doing when. It really helps to plan ahead. You can get in line for autographs/photo ops any time *after* your group is called, but not before.

Just wanted to add something: Mark the times for your group on the schedule with one of those highlighter pens - that helps a lot. When you see it the first time it might be a bit confusing.

I think all other bases have been covered. :WINCE:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Also get your bearings - find our where photo's are being taken and what rooms are being used for signings, talks, dealers etc

Everyone is there because they love Stargate - you'll find that everyone chats and crew and other attendees will help. We are a friendly bunch

Enjoy

Edited by puddlejumpers

Hei all

I'm also a newbie and it will also be my first con... so Debs A - thanks for the question.

And all others - thanks for the tips.

Are there any more rules about cameras? I know that no filming is allowed but are there any restrictions about the camera types (if going to some concerts then some cameras are considered a bit too professional)?

thanks,

m

The most important rule about cameras is that flash photography is only allowed for the first couple of minutes. Paul (the guy with the microphone :WINCE:) will do a countdown then. After that you can still take pictures, but you have to turn off the flash.

As for cameras being too professional... if you show up with a zoom lens that is longer than my arm I could see you being questioned. ;) But normally those semi-professional cameras which I have seen being an issue at concerts are not a problem at all. I own a Canon 350D myself.

• Showmasters Admin

One big one....

Remember it's meant to be fun, SMILE :WINCE: We do everything we can to keep it that way. If at anytime it's not then tell us. We will try and help, but what we don't know about we can't help with ;)

• Showmasters Admin

One big one....

Remember it's meant to be fun, SMILE ;) We do everything we can to keep it that way. If at anytime it's not then tell us. We will try and help, but what we don't know about we can't help with ;)

As Too Tall Said! We want you to have fun!!!!!! :D

Above everything we are here to make sure you have a fantastic weekend! If you are having a problem or not having fun then come and talk to us and if there is any way that we can put it right we will. :P

The most frustrating thing in the world is seeing comments after an event where something went wrong for someone and knowing that we could have fixed it if we had known. We are all an approachable lot and we love hanging out with all of you. We are always around at the events to chill and have fun, but also fix problems when they arise. So, use us and, (yes I know this is a cliched statement), but help us to help you! :P

Oh, and did I mention HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :WINCE:

Mark :D

One big one....

Remember it's meant to be fun, SMILE :D We do everything we can to keep it that way. If at anytime it's not then tell us. We will try and help, but what we don't know about we can't help with ;)

As Too Tall Said! We want you to have fun!!!!!! :D

Above everything we are here to make sure you have a fantastic weekend! If you are having a problem or not having fun then come and talk to us and if there is any way that we can put it right we will. :D

The most frustrating thing in the world is seeing comments after an event where something went wrong for someone and knowing that we could have fixed it if we had known. We are all an approachable lot and we love hanging out with all of you. We are always around at the events to chill and have fun, but also fix problems when they arise. So, use us and, (yes I know this is a cliched statement), but help us to help you! :P

Oh, and did I mention HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

What Too Tall and Mark said, they really are very approachable fellows, so don't be shy about giving them any feedback (good or bad - hopefully good!) :WINCE: