Announcement about Guests for Chevron 7.4

Massive Events

I have to say I missed the first 2 episodes - no sky one in bedroom, but sorry to dad, he has to miss his Holby now. I'm really into SGU since listening to David Blue at 7.3, and hearing his enthusiasm, it made it quite interesting.

It does still seem weird having Hamish Macbeth up there though, ha ha!

;0)

I am quite easily pleased as far a guests are concerned, but it willl be great to meet more SG-1 cast, as I missed the first Chevron.

Just wondering about the stance on getting guests from the original movie?

Personally I could see that happen and certainly wouldn't mind seeing an actor from the original movie, but I don't think it will happen.

Erick Avari and Alexis Cruz have both been at events, but those are the only ones. Probably because they have also been in the original TV show.

For the other three main actors there could be a problem of availability. I can't really see James Spader or Kurt Russell appearing at a Stargate event - maybe one day at Collectormania or LFACC.

Also I am rather sure James (with Boston Legal) and Kurt with many more movies under his belt are pretty expensive to get. Not sure if a small event like Chevron could afford this. It's more likely that those wanting them to see for Stargate go to LFACC than someone who wants them to see for something else buys a Chevron ticket.

Jaye Davidson had left the acting business for a long time after Stargate. I saw him on a cast list in a very small role just lately, and IMDB says that was his first movie since Stargate. I imagine he would be hard to find, and very likely not at all interested to attend a show.

Just wondering about the stance on getting guests from the original movie?

Personally I could see that happen and certainly wouldn't mind seeing an actor from the original movie, but I don't think it will happen.

Erick Avari and Alexis Cruz have both been at events, but those are the only ones. Probably because they have also been in the original TV show.

For the other three main actors there could be a problem of availability. I can't really see James Spader or Kurt Russell appearing at a Stargate event - maybe one day at Collectormania or LFACC.

Also I am rather sure James (with Boston Legal) and Kurt with many more movies under his belt are pretty expensive to get. Not sure if a small event like Chevron could afford this. It's more likely that those wanting them to see for Stargate go to LFACC than someone who wants them to see for something else buys a Chevron ticket.

Jaye Davidson had left the acting business for a long time after Stargate. I saw him on a cast list in a very small role just lately, and IMDB says that was his first movie since Stargate. I imagine he would be hard to find, and very likely not at all interested to attend a show.

Yea that's true. Alexis was great at Chevron 7.2, and Erick would be awesome.

Would be great to get Jaye, but much like you i think he'd just reject it even if he could be contacted :thumbup:

Really? ScyFy had it listed as 'season finale' so I assumed they were doing the usual short first season that shows seem to do now, to see if they will work.

Febuary? Awesome!!!!

Well it should be Feb, it usually was for Atlantis. But yea, 20 episodes were filmed, and the other 10 are ready and raring according to Joe Mallozzi on his blog :)

Brilliant news from Showmasters. Saw the first guest and gloom settled. Can't remember his name and I'm sure he's a really nice guy but SGU really is a God awful series. Hamish MacBeth running Stargate? Where's the nearest airlock? Was convinced they were going to concentrate on SGU - then David Hewlett. Dug out the old credit card and spent £600 (2x Gold Passes and hotel rooms) - worth every penny. Suanne is definately a bonus :YAHOO:

I could not agree more, why don't they cancel SGU and bring back Atlantis.

I would not attend if it was mainly SGU.

I heard there not making the Atlantis Movie from Jason, as they cannot get the cast together in time frame needed and that the set is being taken down :-(

But i see on gateworld they are advertising Stargate Extinction continuation of Atlantis, i hope he was just saying that to trick me.

Come on you guys. Nothing against them of course but an SGU and a stunt co-ordinator???

Methinks you are riding on the back of a Mr Hewlett !!!

Just pray that David Hewlett doesn't cancel or Ebay will be flooded with cheap chevron tickets.

Please try and get some SG1 or SGA CAST members.

I'll start with RDA - well, if you guys can propose impossible people, so can I :(

You missed Suanne. :P

Nobody has said the guest list is complete yet. It's just around Christmas time and things are going more slow everywhere. Mark has said that there won't be more Universe guest, so this pretty much answers what show the remaining guests are from. :(

I'm really sorry to hear that you are unhappy, but unless we have very special circumstances (one of them being the event is sold out) tickets can not be sold. And if the circumstances apply tickets can not be sold through ebay, you have to go through Showmasters.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 2 weeks later...

SGU is really good, much better than atlantis! so far im loving it, how cool was the end of the mid season finale? awsome

though for me to attend a chevron event there needs to be main sg1 cast members or robert carlyle to justify the cost to myself lol

on the subject of the main man RDA, ive noticed next year he is doing a weekend con in australia! could this mean he is becoming more open to cons outside of the us and canada? im not to knowledgeable but if this australia thing is his first over seas con maybe SM could try and go for him again for a uk con?

Edited by timelord81r

SGU is really good, much better than atlantis! so far im loving it, how cool was the end of the mid season finale? awsome

though for me to attend a chevron event there needs to be main sg1 cast members or robert carlyle to justify the cost to myself lol

on the subject of the main man RDA, ive noticed next year he is doing a weekend con in australia! could this mean he is becoming more open to cons outside of the us and canada? im not to knowledgeable but if this australia thing is his first over seas con maybe SM could try and go for him again for a uk con?

I think hes adding to his pension fund :dance: .

Would be very very very expensive.

personally i pay more for RDA ;-) maybe a chevron event wouldnt cover his costs but LFCC i recon would?

Technically speaking yes, LFACC may be a better event.

But at past events he has only signed a very limited amount of autographs, that wouldn't really work out with LFACC.

But I guess we'll see... there have been other guests who only did events with limited autograph signings before who did LFACC or Collectormania a while later. With the right circumstances almost everything is possible.

personally i pay more for RDA ;-) maybe a chevron event wouldnt cover his costs but LFCC i recon would?

Technically speaking yes, LFACC may be a better event.

But at past events he has only signed a very limited amount of autographs, that wouldn't really work out with LFACC.

But I guess we'll see... there have been other guests who only did events with limited autograph signings before who did LFACC or Collectormania a while later. With the right circumstances almost everything is possible.

But obviously if he only does 'limited' it may not cover his costs.

But obviously if he only does 'limited' it may not cover his costs.

That's what I meant with the first part of my post.

But a couple of years everyone was saying he'd never attend an event, and now he has been doing some. Who knows, one day this 'limited' part may fall too. A girl can hope. :(

He did an event in the uk a couple of years ago, but yes, VERY expensive! Think it cost me £350 to spend half a day at said event, and prob only seeing him for maybe 2hrs tops?

Mind you, I think it was limited to about 300 people..

He did an event in the uk a couple of years ago, but yes, VERY expensive! Think it cost me £350 to spend half a day at said event, and prob only seeing him for maybe 2hrs tops?

Mind you, I think it was limited to about 300 people..

that 350 quid, is that including travel, tickets ect or just to see RDA? lol

but yes high price.

still I have hopes he will one day be at a SM event

but yes high price.

Think the ticket itself was £280 or £290, and as my 'allotted time' was 9am-1pm friday morning (we couldnt choose when we wanted or which day, we were allocated 'sessions', and then both sessions from each day got an auction in the evening together) that meant travelling by train, bus and taxi the thurs night and staying in a b&b overnight, meaning £350 was about the total just to spend a couple of hours with RDA lol

but yes high price.

Think the ticket itself was £280 or £290, and as my 'allotted time' was 9am-1pm friday morning (we couldnt choose when we wanted or which day, we were allocated 'sessions', and then both sessions from each day got an auction in the evening together) that meant travelling by train, bus and taxi the thurs night and staying in a b&b overnight, meaning £350 was about the total just to spend a couple of hours with RDA lol

wow hope you got other stuff in your ticket, but still RDA is the man,

im still living in hope (a cheaper hope also lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be at the RDA con also. We did have Amanda there as well which was so amusing because on our table RDA reverted all the questions to Amanda.

Yes we can always hope for him at SM. He was amazing and just so 'Jack'.