New Moon: the film

Anto21

Hello everybody!

I add a new topic because I finally saw New Moon today and I'd like to share this experience with you guys. I live in Italy and here the film is released today.

I loved it and I think that director Chris Weitz and the actors (especially Kristen Stewart) did a good job. The film respects the book but there are some differences, I'm not saying much about it because many of you haven't seen the film yet, however I like some changements (the scene with the Volturi) but not everything (example: the ending of the film). The scenes where Bella expresses her pain for the loss of Edward are well done, as those with wolf pack. The music is excellent and the cinematography amazing.

I was an extra on the set in Montepulciano and I was so curious to see the scenes they shot in my country. Well it seems to me that this part was too short, but it's ok....

In general I loved the film and I'm going to see it again.

I'm curious to know your opinions :thumbup:

ciao

Antonella

Edited by Anto21

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG YOU GUYS!!!! Just got to see New Moon (staff showing, work in a cinema) ITS AMAZING! (as if any of you had any doubts!) Seriously... can't wait to go back and see it again 2morrow!

wont say anything till peeps have seen it! but couldn't keep the exciting geek in!

Its surprisingly close to the book, and brilliant! Taylor is perfect, and I just love love love Kristen as Bella! Plus considering how dark the book was the film is SO SO SO FUNNY! lots of laugh out loud bits!

**EXCITEMENT!!!**

- J x

I saw it last night at the Odeon Leicester Square and bloody loved it! A lot of that may have something to do with the audience who were hilarious. Lots of screaming and then shhhh-ing themselves. They made it so enjoyably bonkers. Yes, naturally they were screaming a lot at Taylors many shirtless scenes but they were also getting into the little moments too. I don't want to reveal too much so I'll hush now but I will say one thing, MICHAEL SHEEN IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was supposed to come and introduce the screening but he very sadly got stuck in traffic. Gutted as he's one of my favourite actors and I would've loved him to witness that mad audience. We did luckily get Jamie Campbell Bower though and he was charming and gracious, I do hope we can get him to a show soon, I think he'd enjoy himself and I know the attendees would too.

Edited by Big_Pants

I saw it last night at the Odeon Leicester Square and bloody loved it! A lot of that may have something to do with the audience who were hilarious. Lots of screaming and then shhhh-ing themselves. They made it so enjoyably bonkers. Yes, naturally they were screaming a lot at Taylors many shirtless scenes but they were also getting into the little moments too. I don't want to reveal too much so I'll hush now but I will say one thing, MICHAEL SHEEN IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was supposed to come and introduce the screening but he very sadly got stuck in traffic. Gutted as he's one of my favourite actors and I would've loved him to witness that mad audience. We did luckily get Jamie Campbell Bower though and he was charming and gracious, I do hope we can get him to a show soon, I think he'd enjoy himself and I know the attendees would too.

OMG! SO lucky!!!! :D

didn't michael sheen get there at all then??

awh so it lived up to the expectations then?

OMG! SO lucky!!!! :D

didn't michael sheen get there at all then??

awh so it lived up to the expectations then?

Sadly Michael didn't turn up at all :YAHOO: he'd been filming Top Gear and they delayed the screening as long as they could but then they had to plough on. Apparently he's on Sundays show so everyone should watch that.

I really did love it but then I love the book and it's very faithful to that. Even with the Edward visions (which weren't nearly as cheesy as I expected) you miss the pasty bugger so when you see him for the first time after their parting it's a real *gasp omg* moment. At least it was for me and I'm a cynical cow at the best of times lol. Yum. It's actually my favourite moment in the whole film, you'll know what I mean when you see it. Mostly it could be because the audience were alternately screaming, gasping and yelling NO at the screen ha ha ha ha ha. Brilliant. God bless those teenies they really made my day.

I am still in shock, I don't know what to say!! I shall wait untill I have seen it again tomorrow and then you won't be able to shut me up lol.

But, Mr. Sheen - amazing! Like seriously.

Rob, Kristen and Taylor, just perfecto <3

Edited by foreverbella

Can I be honest and say I prefered Twilight?

I mean I thought it was AWESOME but I didn't get into it like I did Twilight.

Kristen blew me away - I mean I love her but she even surpassed my expectations.

Rob was awesome but I felt let down by the portrayal of Edward in this...not by Rob btw just maybe script and direction.

Michael Sheen I love you - all I can say.

and Taylor was good and that's coming from a Team Edward girl.

But I just felt it didn't flow - moved too quick and the music didn't edit in right...but I dunno maybe will be better 2nd...or 7th viewing?

I cried 10 time - the shame haha!

I hope David Slade does me more proud...and I now 100% want Catherine back for BD.

Edited by Emelso

Oh. My. 'EFFIN'. God!

That was FREAKING amazing! off again tonight! ;) haha

i cried...which i generally don't cry! haha but i thought it was amazing, and it stuck by the book SO much!

it missed a few bits out i REALLY wanted to see..but in all honestly, there were more bits missed outa twilight....

and yes! michael sheen is Effin EPIC! ove him to go to ET3!

Can I be honest and say I prefered Twilight?

I mean I thought it was AWESOME but I didn't get into it like I did Twilight.

Kristen blew me away - I mean I love her but she even surpassed my expectations.

Rob was awesome but I felt let down by the portrayal of Edward in this...not by Rob btw just maybe script and direction.

Michael Sheen I love you - all I can say.

and Taylor was good and that's coming from a Team Edward girl.

But I just felt it didn't flow - moved too quick and the music didn't edit in right...but I dunno maybe will be better 2nd...or 7th viewing?

I cried 10 time - the shame haha!

I hope David Slade does me more proud...and I now 100% want Catherine back for BD.

Yeah i have to agree, i came out disapointed. It really did lack emotion, only characters that showed any was jacob and charlie. I didnt cry once, didnt even well up and i cried loads when i read the book.

The music was just thrown in any old where and completely over powered some key moments, i cundt help but think turn that bloody music down or even better off lol

edward did not look hot in the begining at all, i dunno why tho, cant put my finger on it.

the only bits i enjoyed was the wolf pack scenes they were very good. The wolves looked amazing!!! And yes before someone else points it out, i know i only like the bits where i cant compare it to twilight lol

Michael sheen was very good as Aro i have to say.... wud have been so much better tho if alice didnt look bored in the background lol

Going to see it again sunday, hopefully the more i watch it the more i will learn to love it.

I really don't get how anyone can think twilight was better lol, looking at it from a fan and a media angle it was superior

The acting was better, the story flowed better and the music was perfect, it had the wow factor for me that twilight lacked.

Also loveeeeeeeeeeed the end, was like GIMME MORE.NOW. lol

And yes I cried like 5 times lmao

I really don't get how anyone can think twilight was better lol, looking at it from a fan and a media angle it was superior

The acting was better, the story flowed better and the music was perfect, it had the wow factor for me that twilight lacked.

In one sence yes its superior as it had a hell of alot more money used to make it. When you say wow factor do u mean visually? I just dont like the style it was shot in and the music. It was actually pretty good in keeping it close to the book i thought. But then it was like this with twilight lol its always a split with the fans lol but for me its twilight atm. Looking forward to seeing how eclipse will be done. I really wanted to like this one coz its my fave of the four books. heres hoping it grows on me lol

In one sence yes its superior as it had a hell of alot more money used to make it. When you say wow factor do u mean visually? I just dont like the style it was shot in and the music. It was actually pretty good in keeping it close to the book i thought. But then it was like this with twilight lol its always a split with the fans lol but for me its twilight atm. Looking forward to seeing how eclipse will be done. I really wanted to like this one coz its my fave of the four books. heres hoping it grows on me lol

Yeah tbh I'm really disapointed.

They showed Edward all wrong - no fault to Rob btw but I would have come out thinking Jacob was better if I hadn't read the books and I'm about as Team Edward as you can get.

I really am looking forward to Eclipse - anything will be better.

I hope we get someone amazing for BD...

TBF as much as im team edward jacob ALWAYS came out better to me in new moon lol. I mean what edward does to bella is horrible and i remember the first time when i read it thinking OMG GIRL YOU'RE JUST GONNA FORGIVE HIM?! JUST LIKE THAT

I have to say there seems to be a lot of people disappointed with it - which is sad that I have to one of them...

I feel it was like Taylor was being shoved down my throat - yes woo to him he has a 6 pack - but how shallow if that's what people care about instead of the eternal love between B/E and even the love between J/B.

I was fearing the worse but found it enjoyable and good, if not very good (and at times brilliant). I have hardly any complaints really. I knew it would never reach the dizzy heights of Twilight but I think it does what it needed to do and is very solid.

I just wish it wasn't a horrible yellow Porsche. It's Italy, it should have been an Alfa Romeo 8C!!

I thought it was brilliant!!

Nothing that important was cut from the book, they got all the great stuff in there.

Twilight was for the Vampires---New moon was introducing the Werewolfs, so thats why there was less of Edward and I'm happy with the amount of Edwards appearence in this film. But he still got all my Awww's-He is a romantic, I love that.

Kristen played Bella amazing in New Moon, wouldn't change a thing about her performance. Wish she just picked Jacob :D The end scene made me cry---Jacob sad puppy face when he was in wolf form.

Well everything about the wolfs were awesome---just as I pictured and the way they fought was really well done too.

Taylor=I loved his performance, nothing more can be said.

So------I'm one VERY HAPPY Twilighter..

Bring on Eclipse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say there seems to be a lot of people disappointed with it - which is sad that I have to one of them...

I feel it was like Taylor was being shoved down my throat - yes woo to him he has a 6 pack - but how shallow if that's what people care about instead of the eternal love between B/E and even the love between J/B.

See I'm only aware of yourself and 'teampaul' being disappointed not a single other person to I've spoken to has said otherwise lol

TBF the book is about taylor? I mean we got way more edward than we were meant to, afterall he's not really an appiration just a voice.

And it does say in the book that he's always without a top, so I don't think they did it just for people to go woo he has no top on.

For me Jacob has always been as big as character as edward, the point of the series isnt just bella and edward it's about the trials of falling in love and what not. I agree with Robert Pattinson that as much as I am team edward Jacob would be better for Bella.

New moon to me IS jacobs book and I actually didn't think they shoved it in your face that much.