What about Autographica and Midlands 3 running together

Admiral Aaronbar

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, Midlands won't be happening at that venue, if/when it happens.

hmm funny as it was discussed last year that it would happen again this year...... oh well i suppose showmasters have gone back on their words...... just annoys me that when things are said they no longer seem to follow through

Mike

• Moderators

To be fair to any organiser, planning is one thing and they can intend to do a lot of things, but sometimes things change or get in the way etc that they didn't see coming.

That's a lot different to 'going back on their word' really.

• 1 month later...

I think running them together again looks like a good idea, its two different events with very different kind of guests. Im not into astronauts or historical guests but Autographica can have great guests I would like to meet, so coupled with a Collectormania it would justify the trip for me.

As far as I know, Midlands won't be happening at that venue, if/when it happens.

I was told last year when I asked about the Midlands event that there wasnt going to be any more..

Now im hearing that there is?

Can anyone of the mods on here find out and tell us whats gonna happen, if there is or isnt??

Thanks

• Showmasters Admin

It is still very possible that CM Midlands will happen again. I just do not know when or where.

There are issues that mean CM Midlands can not take place at the Hilton NEC.

Edited by Too Tall

I think running them together again looks like a good idea, its two different events with very different kind of guests. Im not into astronauts or historical guests but Autographica can have great guests I would like to meet, so coupled with a Collectormania it would justify the trip for me.

I agree. I'd say each Autographica has had at least a couple of guests I would have met, but it's never been enough to justify the expense of travelling and staying there for a weekend. Same with the last one, with George Kennedy and Ernest Borgnine. The selling point for me was having a number of Collectormania guests in addition to the few from Autographica.

I'd likely attend every Autographica if I was there for Collectormania.

• Showmasters Admin

From what TooTall is saying it sounds like there is a bit more to this one than just SM not wanting to run the two events together.

Shame as I think most of the punters agreed the format worked really well but it does seem this one is a bit of a non starter now.

I agree it worked well. It helped both events by bring them attendees in the afternoon that they would normally not have had.

Trust me that this not happening has nothing to do with SM not wanting to.

Hmmm on reflection i suppose the reason they cant have it the same venue could be down to sour grapes from the other event ran at the NEC - SM events are so much better organised than the other, there are other places in Birmingham that it could be held im sure. Whether or not it would be feasible to move autographica so they could run together its always somethingt o think about.

Mike