help!

fallen-angel-eternal16

:help:

OK, so I've been to London before and used the tube, with my family, but this time I'm gonna be on my own and I'm extremely confused :angel: I have to catch the tube from Victoria Station to Heathrow Terminal 5 'cos it's the closest to the hotel, but no matter what website I use to get directions I end up scratching my head and saying 'Huh?' :YAHOO:

So I was just wondering if anyone on here could explain it to me s-l-o-w-l-y and in very simple language :thumbup: It took me long enough to convince my parents to let me come on my own (despite being 17 :whistling: ) and I don't think they'd be very impressed if I got myself lost on the tube :D

Thank You :D

From Victoria I'd say the easiest way is to take the Victoria Line to Green Park. Then take the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow Airport. The final stop Terminals 1,2 & 3 is the closest to Heathrow Bus Station.

From the bus station you can either take the Hoppa Bus direct to the Thistle, although the U3 is faster and cheaper. It doesn't take you to the hotel door, but can drop you across the road from it.

Hope that helps

Hi there, I hate the tubes too. I always get my boyfriend do do it all.

You would be best going to the info desk at Victoria and asking them to tell you which line you need to be on. Then you just follow the overhead signs....each line is a Zone and a line....central, circle, waterloo etc.

I think you will be ok as long as you ask and get them to write it down for you. Theyre pretty good like that and the men on the ticket machines will also help you get your zone ticket correct.

Sorry I wasnt more help :whistling:

Good luck and see you there

X

Just a thought post a time and place to meet up se if anyone wants to meet up to travl from victoria train station. I'm not sure what time I'm travelling through Victoria otherwise I'd meet you there. Theres a WH Smiths underneath the pub which is normally where I meet people if thats any good.

:help:

OK, so I've been to London before and used the tube, with my family, but this time I'm gonna be on my own and I'm extremely confused :thumbup: I have to catch the tube from Victoria Station to Heathrow Terminal 5 'cos it's the closest to the hotel, but no matter what website I use to get directions I end up scratching my head and saying 'Huh?':YAHOO:

So I was just wondering if anyone on here could explain it to me s-l-o-w-l-y and in very simple language :angel: It took me long enough to convince my parents to let me come on my own (despite being 17 :whistling: ) and I don't think they'd be very impressed if I got myself lost on the tube :D

Thank You :D

Hi, i have a travelling question too! im never been to london before and am also confused with the tubes. Does anyone know what tubes and bus to get to go from london paddington to the heathrow lodge?

Thanks x

Were staying at the Heathrow Lodge too. Were going Kings X to Heathrow though. we might see you at the hotel at some point :) X

From Victoria I'd say the easiest way is to take the Victoria Line to Green Park. Then take the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow Airport.

The only problem with that is that the change at Green Park involves a very long walk between Victoria and Piccadilly lines.

I would be inclined to get any westbound District line from Victoria, and then change to the westbound Piccadilly line at either South Kensington or Earl's Court, as they're relatively short changes - involves some stairs/escalators and a little walking, but nothing like as much as at Green Park.

Hi, i have a travelling question too! im never been to london before and am also confused with the tubes. Does anyone know what tubes and bus to get to go from london paddington to the heathrow lodge?

Thanks x

If you are arriving at Paddington, you can get the Heathrow Express from there. It's more expensive than the Tube (about £16.00) but goes direct to Heathrow (no stops) and takes about 20 minutes.

On the Tube you would need to get the Circle line to South Kensington then change on to the Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

You can then get the Hoppa bus from Heathrow Terminal 2 to the Thistle and walk to the Heathrow Lodge (about 5/10 mins walk) from the Thistle. There are also some local busses but I'm not sure of the numbers - there are details on the main Hallowhedon website.

You can then get the Hoppa bus from Heathrow Terminal 2 to the Thistle and walk to the Heathrow Lodge (about 5/10 mins walk) from the Thistle. There are also some local busses but I'm not sure of the numbers - there are details on the main Hallowhedon website.

The Hoppa bus is £4 single fare.

The local buses are free.

From Heathrow Terminal 5, you would get the 423 service from Stop 7, going towards Hounslow Bus Station/London Road.

If you're going to The Lodge Hotel, you get off at The Square/Heathrow Close, which is 100 metres or so from the hotel. If You're going to The Heathrow Thistle, you stay on a little longer and get off at the stop pretty much outside the hotel.

You can get a local free bus from Heathrow Central bus station as well (which serves terminals 1,2 and 3) by getting a 75 from Stop5 towards Maidenhead/Frascati Way, or a 76 from Stop5 Towards Mercian Way, and in each case get off at Pinglestone Close. From there it's probably an 8-10 minute walk to the Thistle and and a 15-20 minute walk to The Lodge.