newbie question about times

Olinima

Hi all, this will be my first Collectormania so I'm afraid I have no idea what to expect. I've seen some people say that they're worried about getting there early enough - can anyone tell me what sort of time I should be aiming to arrive if I want to cut down on queueing? Cheers! :huh:

P.S I have an early bird ticket so no worries on that score.

It really depends on who you want to see. Who's on your list?

There will be queues outside to get in as well, and at past shows there have been fans out at 6 or 7 AM. So if you get in line early you'll be waiting outside in the morning instead of hanging around the show waiting for your number to be called.

John Barrowman is very, very popular and will have lots of people lining up for him.

If John is involved then my recommendation really is the earlier the better.

You don't have to queue for every guest by the way. Once the door opens make your way to the signing area. Virtual Queue tickets (little paper slips) will be handed out in the guest's queue area (there's a large poster showing with the guest's picture, so you can't miss it). Grab those tickets and then wait until the number on the ticket is called.

That way you're in some queues at the same time, just virtually. It gets down the actual amount spent in line quite a bit.

• Showmasters Admin

John Barrowman, Shannon Doherty, Brian Krause, John Rhys Davies, Misha Collins, and the Blake's 7 folk.

I'm guessing my first five will definitely involve a bit of queueing so earlier the better then maybe?

With that list I'd be there AT LEAST by 8am.

John, Shannon, Brian and Misha are likely to be 4 of the busiest guests at the show.

John Barrowman, Shannon Doherty, Brian Krause, John Rhys Davies, Misha Collins, and the Blake's 7 folk.

I'm guessing my first five will definitely involve a bit of queueing so earlier the better then maybe?

With that list I'd be there AT LEAST by 8am.

John, Shannon, Brian and Misha are likely to be 4 of the busiest guests at the show.

And remember NO running or else the big man will shout at you!!

:unsure:

:WAVE:

:P

When John Barrowman was there for CM:MK there was a queue of several hundred people before 8am who had apparently been there since 3am. Be there early, and plan in which order you want VT tickets.

Personally? I would do John Barrowman then Misha Collins/Shannon Doherty, then Brian Krause and John Rhy Davies and the Blake's 7 guys might be open queue.

But PLAN. Otherwise you might miss out.

Kip

Edited by KrazyKid197

Wow! First off, thank you all very much indeed for your help! I really appreciate you all taking the time to lend a hand.

Of course now I'm completely worried I won't get to Mr Barrowman if queues have been that long for him in the past and wondering if I should just splash out and get the gold programme. Would it make a lot of difference do people think?

Thanks again! :)

P.S Also who is the big man who might shout at me? He worries me too!

You are after the four most popular guest in my ranking. A Gold Programme will guarantee you get to meet everyone you want within a relatively short time frame. Is it worth the money... that's a very personal decision. If waiting too long is one of your major concerns then I'd say yes, a Gold Programme is worth it.

John's quite a fast signer and from what I remember he got through everyone who had a ticket and did hang out until show closing at Collectormania.

If you get his ticket first and then the others you should be alright. But you may have to wait for quite a while until you have met everyone.

The big guy is Stuart aka TooTall, my fellow moderator and head of crew.

Some people have the habit of starting to run to get to the signing area as soon as possible when the doors open. So you will usually find TooTall in an aisle yelling "don't run". There's a reason why he's called TooTall. :smile: I've seen him shouting at runners who stopped dead when he addressed them. :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

The John Barrowman queue weren't very well behaved either it seemed - I'd been there since 5am, was about 10th in the queue, but still only got a ticket in the one-hundreds because people had pushed in. So be ready to fight for your space! :P

That was due to one issue and one issue only. The centre security were told by Jason and I at least 5 times "NOT TO OPEN THE DOORS UNTIL WE WERE THERE!".

At about 8:55pm some higher up person from the centre came and opened the doors. It meant we were not there to organise the entry of the queue. It was all down to one person making a decision they shouldn't have.

You are after the four most popular guest in my ranking. A Gold Programme will guarantee you get to meet everyone you want within a relatively short time frame. Is it worth the money... that's a very personal decision. If waiting too long is one of your major concerns then I'd say yes, a Gold Programme is worth it.

John's quite a fast signer and from what I remember he got through everyone who had a ticket and did hang out until show closing at Collectormania.

If you get his ticket first and then the others you should be alright. But you may have to wait for quite a while until you have met everyone.

The big guy is Stuart aka TooTall, my fellow moderator and head of crew.

Some people have the habit of starting to run to get to the signing area as soon as possible when the doors open. So you will usually find TooTall in an aisle yelling "don't run". There's a reason why he's called TooTall. ;) I've seen him shouting at runners who stopped dead when he addressed them. :smile:

A QS has said, we did get through all 1500 tickets for John and got to an open queue by the end of the day when we had him at MK. Get a ticket below 1000 and you'll be completely fine.

Is a gold pass worth it. Again as QS says, that very much upto you. It takes a lot of the stress out of the day, because you know you don't need VTs. So you can wonder in at 9am (or even 10am) and just join any of the queues you like.

And as long as you don't run you'll be safe from the wrath of the Too Tall ;)

I try and be polite as I can, but am VERY VERY loud so that those running know to stop doing it, straight away. Usually having a 6'10" 22 stone guy bellowing "please stop running!" at them works :smile:

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

I'm just trying not to worry about it, lol. I can't get there (due to when trains start) until 8.15ish on Sunday, but I reckon (hope) even this is enough that I will get half-decent VT numbers on JB (and any of the 'bigger' names I didn't manage to get on the Saturday, when I can get there earlier).

Admittedly, I already have a list (which could be modified of course if there are any new announcements I'd like to meet) of what order I will attempt to get VTs on each day... (it's my first CM too, and I deal with new things through obsessive planning).

And there shouldn't be the queue management problems in the same way this time anyway, right? Since you have to pay to get in so no one can rush in before the crew are ready for them :)

Edited by etmuse

Do you happen to know whether John personalises? I know you can't say for sure, as it depends on the situation on the day, but was he personalising at MK?

• Showmasters Admin

Do you happen to know whether John personalises? I know you can't say for sure, as it depends on the situation on the day, but was he personalising at MK?

I'll be honest. I can't 100% remember. Due to the number of people we needed to get through it was probably stopped. It'll really depend on how many tickets we give out.

I'm just trying not to worry about it, lol. I can't get there (due to when trains start) until 8.15ish on Sunday, but I reckon (hope) even this is enough that I will get half-decent VT numbers on JB (and any of the 'bigger' names I didn't manage to get on the Saturday, when I can get there earlier).

Admittedly, I already have a list (which could be modified of course if there are any new announcements I'd like to meet) of what order I will attempt to get VTs on each day... (it's my first CM too, and I deal with new things through obsessive planning).

And there shouldn't be the queue management problems in the same way this time anyway, right? Since you have to pay to get in so no one can rush in before the crew are ready for them :)

Get John's ticket first in any case, and if you can hang around for as long as possible you should be fine. He knows he is popular and he tries to make sure everyone gets seen.

And no, the queue management problems shouldn't repeat themselves. This time there's no Centre security making decisions of their own they were told not to make. :D

I'll be honest. I can't 100% remember. Due to the number of people we needed to get through it was probably stopped. It'll really depend on how many tickets we give out.

He did personalise in the beginning at Collectormania, but it was stopped quite soon in the morning.

Awesome! I almost want to do some running now just to watch said 6'10 22 stone guy in action! :D

On the ticket front I am tempted by the gold programme just because I know I'm one of those people who gets stressed easily by queueing but then the downside is that I'm only there on the Sunday and it's a lot of money just for one day.

If I did get one, no one would cancel it when I don't turn up on the Saturday would they? And is it worth asking if gold programmes could be day specific in the future like the other tickets, presumably then also enabling you guys to sell double the number of tickets, 100 for each day?

If I did get one, no one would cancel it when I don't turn up on the Saturday would they?

No, they won't.

There's a notes field on some page during the order process though. If you want to make really sure nobody wonders where you are then add "attending Sunday only" there. :D

• Moderators

Get John's ticket first in any case, and if you can hang around for as long as possible you should be fine. He knows he is popular and he tries to make sure everyone gets seen.

Yep, my Sunday list starts 'John Barrowman' then has 'Any both-days guests I didn't manage to get on Saturday' (and then the 2 snooker players, who I suspect might involve less queuing than most of the other guests I want).

And yeah, he's been that way at stage door too, trying to make sure everyone who wants programmes/posters etc signed gets it.