General chat

Road Runner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point. I always thought it was a bit silly how Pete was wrestling Randy Savage in his jammies one minute and then swinging through Manhattan in a Hollywood standard costume the next.

Exactly, there's Peter Parker bitching about having no money and spending at least $400 on a snazy costume for himself (going by the cost of the average decent fan replica obviously, not the real suits themselves) with 3D webbing and all kinds of crap.

Talie: the human centipede is awesome.

Turtle: what I don't get more than anything is who made the suit? Pete's attamept at is little more than jammies, so he must've gotten a tailor or cosplayer/costumer or some 5hit to make it - so surely that guy would know who Spider-Man is?

Unrelated: people who say "textes" when they mean "texts" annoy the pi5s out of me.

Edited by MartyMichaels

I struggled to sleep after seeing the trailer for human centipede :angel: Every time I think of it my stomach goes queasy

Ooooh! I want to see that!

Unrelated: people who say "textes" when they mean "texts" annoy the pi5s out of me.

You think that's bad my 8 year old said "oooofties" yesterday :angel:

People have a problem with the word "Series" round these parts - but only when talking about Television.

"Oh yeah, I watched that new serious of 24."

It bugs the crap outta me, and no matter how many times I tell them how to say it they can't get it right. So now I'm pushing "season".

Turtle: what I don't get more than anything is who made the suit? Pete's attamept at is little more than jammies, so he must've gotten a tailor or cosplayer/costumer or some 5hit to make it - so surely that guy would know who Spider-Man is?

I think thats why I liked the 'developing the look' talk in Batman Begins. How to get all the bits and pieces without anyone finding out. Aside from Fox who just didn't want to know.

But then I did spend most of that movie impatiently waiting for Wayne to stop messing about and just become Batman. And he has significantly more money than Parker. Who must have used his powers to steal s***.

I wouldn't watch it if you paid me =[

Out of interest, what's the most 'disgusting' movie you've seen?

For me - the Sound of Music.

Everyone has a price! :(

milliondollarman.jpg

Edited by ComwWhite

I think thats why I liked the 'developing the look' talk in Batman Begins. How to get all the bits and pieces without anyone finding out. Aside from Fox who just didn't want to know.

To be fair though, you don't really need to explain the Batsuit, no matter how sexy it is 'billionaire' covers it. And Batman Begins explanation largely extends to "it was just lying around not doing anything"

Begins:

Suit: Just lying around

Cape: Just lying around

Utility belt: Just lying around

Cowl: Had it made

Tumbler: Just lying around

Batman '89/Returns

Suit: Billionaire

Cape: Billionaire

Utility Belt: Billionaire

Cowl: Billionaire

Batmobile: Billionaire

Also, I've accepted your theory on how Parker afforded his suit as fact. Love the idea of stealing to fight crime.

Edited by Turtle

Stealing to fight crime is awesome. Works for Robin Hood, works for Spiderman, works for me. In fact, we could go a step further. Maybe he stole the money from a wrestlers walet like Jim Wallace, or just stole someone elses wrestling gear.

The billionaire thing... doesn't cut it in comparison to Begins though. I can't even remember what accessories they were talking about, but in the cave chatting away about parts coming from different places and leading back to a faceless account - works better for me than the magic wand method. Shows some thought into the beginnings and I like the idea of sitting down at a table and figuring out all the bits and pieces before penning a script.

As for Superman... I remember the Lois and Clarke pilot where his mum made it for him. Though it bugged me that the costume she made looked completely different than the one in the following scene.

Edited by ComwWhite

Oh I agree - I was just saying that you don't really need to explain it with Batman (but it's good that they took the time and effort to do so) but with Spider-Man I do think they need to explain how a poor kid with no money gets a fancy costume.

That's the reason I like the TV series costume... it's crap.

Supes costume is made out of the blankets his mother wrapped him in before sending him off in the rocket. Which is why it's hard to rip.

The scene you're thinking of in Batman Begins, if memory serves, is the scene where he's making the cowl. Everything else just sort of appears.

Batman Begins was crap anyway.

Batman Begins was crap anyway.

I liked it....although I mainly was letching over Christian Bale :YAHOO:

Although Batman Returns is my favourite. Solely for Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman. I will do that costume one day.

Edited by Ravenshayde

I could never pick between Returns and '89.

EDIT:

I have revised my stance on the finale - given Matt Smiths statements I fully expect (and hope) that the Big Bad will be Patrick Moore.

Edited by Turtle

Out of interest, what's the most 'disgusting' movie you've seen?

I really couldn't think TBH maybe one of the Saw films? I stopped watching horror films a few years again cus they were really starting to get to me lmao =[