News on waitlist?

beauty&bear

Has SM or JOLA said anything about a possible waitlist for this particular con? I got bumped up to gold at a Heroes con a while back so it is possible. The con is only a month away so any news on if there will or won't be a waitlist for any available tickets? Obviously it is more hassle for Showmasters in general, but if somebody cant go and somebody really wants to it seems a little wasteful not to set up a waitlist (I did a search and found a few people who couldn’t go) Just throwing it out there =]

Edited by beauty&bear

but if you cannot go, and I want to, why can't we set up a waitlist?

Because do you know how much work that actually involves for me admin wise?

I only do this job part time for Massive Events, I have had to process loads of orders recently as there are many conventions so close together, Proms, ET2, Hallowhedon, Hub & Chevron. The amount of paperwork involved for each event is absolutely astounding, of which I simply don't have the space to keep at the moment.

The queries relating to each event have been time consuming as well so there's only so much I can do in a space of time.

However, as DavidB has said, no decision either way has been made just yet.

It is likely one will be put into operation, but as to when that will be, no date has been set yet! Once we have the Shadow of the Moon Proms out of the way, and Massive Events are back in the office I will speak with them about the best way to implement it, so I'm afraid you're all going to have to be a little patient for a little longer! :D

Edited by Jola

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an idea, don't know how practical it would be.

Don't have a waiting list, just do it like ticket returns.

If an event sells out, then either at any time between sellout and the event, or perhaps to make things easier for Jola, only during pre-announced periods, people who cannot go but have a ticket can e-mail Jola to ask for the ticket to be resold. There will be a £5 admin charge for successful resales (i.e. the tickets will be resold at normal price, but the refund will be £5 less).

Jola then puts all these tickets up for sale in the shop as usual and sticks an announcement up about it on the forum. If all the tickets are sold, all the people who have surrendered their tickets get a refund (less a fiver) a week or two later. If only some of them are sold, then they are sold in the order that Jola received the e-mails asking for them to be resold.

People asking for refunds this way should have to indicate that they understand that ther is no guarantee that there will be a refund, that there will be a £5 charge if they do get a refund, and that there will be whatever admin delay ME thinks is reasonable in issuing any refund.

I don't know if this would be any easier than having to maintain a list of people selling and another list of people waiting to buy, but I'd think that it would be in the event's interest to have as many people as possible there, since they may spend additional money there as well as on their ticket. And a fiver charge would hopefully cover the admin costs (I'm assuming that at least some of each fiver should quite definitely be diverted to the JVF - Jola Vodka Fund :D )

I know some people will say a waiting list is fairer, but I suspect that it's more hassle to run. Certainly your average venue box office doesn't operate a waiting list - you just have to take your chances at the ticket outlet.

• Showmasters Admin

all good point and we will take it on board as parts seem to work , i will put this forward to the team at our event meting, as we are going to look at the complete ticket issues as there is two people that now work on this and it takes up a lot of time, lots of people forget to put information down when they buy tickets and this brings in so much work for the team , anyway for this time we do not plan to run a waiting list as last time we had people changing there minds and also people not wanting tickets after they said the did want to buy them all got a bit crazy when we are trying to help so for now we are going to stick to our police of not exchanging tickets and no refunds , we plan to look at our police in Dec when we have a bit more time on our hands .

thanks for understanding and we will look into this for the future and thanks to Tommy T for good points every time .

jason :D