Art thread :D

talie

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhi i LOVE your tattoo, i want 1 but everywhere i say i want 1 my dad says will be painful for a 1st (he shud know hes covered in them lol). I want a pixie on my hip and i want a little pattern or something up my wrist havent dcided exactly wat yet xx

Rhi i LOVE your tattoo, i want 1 but everywhere i say i want 1 my dad says will be painful for a 1st (he shud know hes covered in them lol). I want a pixie on my hip and i want a little pattern or something up my wrist havent dcided exactly wat yet xx

Yeah, everywhere women want them seems to be painful places

The tattooist thought I was nuts to have this as my first.

It was on the ribs, spine and accross the base of my back, and he said they were all three painful.

He was great though, knew I wanted to do it in one sitting

It took three hours cos it was all stars. Loads of straight lines.

He did:

outlined everything in a number 1 needle

Went back over everything in a number 5 needle

shaded in the stars with a 15 round

then did all the multi coloured dots with a no 1 needle.

Everytime he changed needles, I got up and wandered around. You get so stiff.

Silly thing is, we thought we were organised. Kev put the numbing cream on where he thought the tattoo was, but only covered about three inches of it and it doesn't last long anyway.

The tattooist told me that two thirds of the tattoo didn't have the cream anyway! :blush:

It wasn't that bad! We talked tattoos for 3 hours! Fab!

Just make sure the position they want you in is comfortable.

He had me sitting on a tall stool, leaning down over my legs so my head was almost lower than my legs.

Funnily enough I started to black out, then he realised that I was too long bodied to sit like that. He then told me to lie on my side and curl in a ball to stretch my back and it worked a treat. Didn't mind sitting for ages aslong as my legs weren't going numb and head seeing stars!!!!! :D:smile: I think that was experience though, he was fairly new to opening his studio, been doing it for a few years.

HAHAHAAA! i LOVE the colouring in part...feels SO nice :D

my most painfulo one was the one on the back of my neck.... and it only took about 3 mins! haha

Pah! Jealous now!!!!! 3 mins!

When I went with my sister, she was about 30 mins and gritting her teeth something rotten, she was green love her. But at the time she was mental skinny :YAHOO:

If I manage to get to black belt in Taekwondo, I will have my korean name tattood on me. You get awarded it when you get your black belt.

But I still have 18 months til then! Feel like i am building up too many injuries............oh wait! Perhaps I'm just too old! :D

Edited by dragonsanddaffodils

they say the foot is one of the worst, and i had both of my feet done in one sitting...

tbh, it was nothing! until he got to the second foot!

it was like when yyou pluck your eyebrows, the first one is okay, then when you do the next one, because you arent used to it, it kanes!

that was what it was like! haha

yeah Rhi! that sounds mint! don't think your too old! your only as old as you feel!

:D Oh, that made me laugh!

Yeah, I can see that. Starting on a nice fresh foot! Ouch! :(

Old as you feel? At the moment? OLD! Knackered!

:(

They worked us like stink in training tonight and it was boiling hot. Cos our suits gape, I had a sports bra on, a vest top and my heavyweight long sleeve suit over the top.

Half way through I stuck my hand up and whipped off to the bogs to take my vest top off.

Thought, sod it, if my suit gapes, it gapes.

Easy for the men, only the suit and pants to worry about. :D

Silly thing is, I am contemplating going on Wednesday this week too to make up for not going on Friday last week.

n547513514_1614021_4379180.jpg the one on my ankle you can see how red it made it :D Billy the guy who did it said i picked the worse place haha cus it led from the ankle to the base of the foot where it's just pure muscle Edited by Crépuscule

oooh how was that! well nice!!

HAHA yeah!! i hate eyebrow plucking as well! makes me sneeze!

i used to do karate and i know what you mean about the suits!!! bah and i feel old tonight, feel about 50! haha aching and everything :D

i still haven't...it's difficult you see....

i don't have a job, but i have money saved in my account,

and i went to LFCC

so i asked my dad if i could stay with some friends in birmingham...though i will have to change that to blackpool :D

and without even mentioning the con (i was just gonna get a ticket, depending on if he lets me stay with friends)

but he's like 'you don't have an income' and in my defence i have applied loadsa places for jobs and people just aren't taking on..... so i have applied for benefits/JSA so i will have to see what comes back

but i have explained to my mum that there would be a group of us meeting up, because then next time all of us will be able to meet up together will prob be next year (we all ike ages away from each other)

SO my mum might talk to my dad...

but there is also the fact that LFCC has just been and my dad, out of principle will say 'you've only just been away blah blah blah'

but another side of the story is, i am in portsmouth atm, have been for like the last week and half, and he has been putting money into my account, for spending here, and i havent really spent any so tbh if i spent it here or in birmingham...whats the difference really??

does that makes sense?

sporry for the essay!

That does make sense Tiffany. Hopefully your mom can work some magic though or your dad can just see that it doesn't really make a difference where you spend your money!

I love all the tattoos and the tatt ideas, and Twilighter your Eddy drawing is awesome, so don't put yourself down :D

Oh Tiffany, thats tough.

If you have been given money, if you have chosen to save it, I as a Mum would respect that decision and as long as it wasn't something really ridiculous, wouldn't see a problem.

My boys save their money for very different reasons, my youngest Matthew buys "things" with his, so you can see where its been, Kieran is out with his friends all the time, and the money just dribbles away and he's always wanting more. But I just ask him what it went on.

Its usually just a drink here, bag of chips there, but it adds up really quickly

When I were a lass! ( :D ) We never had any money, so we used to window shop for hours and hang in the park, but take food with us. They don't seem to do that, so he is constantly under pressure to have money, cos his mates all seem to have loads of money.

I hate money, its rough! puts people under pressure

We are really fingers crossed at the moment, my husband works four days a week up at the hospital and he brings home £500 a month!

He was an estate agent branch manager for 15 years then they all got made redundant in February 2008

It has been a killer 18 months cos redundancy is always so unexpected.

He was walking through town the other day and a manager friend of his who has just got a job again, asked him if he would apply to be the valuer in his office, so he sent him a CV yesterday.

Even better, for that £500 a month, he travels 45 mins to work and then back again 4 times a week, this job would be 5 minutes away

Scared to get my hopes up though, but that hospital job was the only job out of hundreds and hundreds that even rang him back, so he took it.

So, I can really see how frustrating it is for you.

It is only cos he knows craig that he asked him to apply, but that still doesn't guarantee anything.

Well, fingers crossed for us both then ;)

It is impossible to get a job! Especially since I am going back to university in september, know one will even consider me, I have lost count of the amount of CV's I have given out since may and still nothing. Makes it worse that I have spent all my uni loan and my overdraft on top of that lol.

My heart well and truly goes out to anyone looking for work.

He was out of work for 10 months, but the job he has got now pays less for four days a week than I used to pay my part time staff!!!

Bit degrading for a man that used to be the boss! He has handled it really well though, he could have sunk into a depression, but he didn't.

He wasn't sure he wanted to go back into estate agency cos it is really stressful, but if he could get this as valuer, he would be level with the branch manager, without the stress of a branch manager job, and it is only 1 day more a week

He has been leaving at 8:30am and back at 4:30pm mon, tues, wed, fri. for £500 a month? Minimum wage at age 38, poor git! Not meaning to sound ungrateful, but it was always supposed to be the man that earns the wages, it must be horrible for him knowing he earns less for four days a week than the part time staff I used to have before he was laid off who only worked for 2 days a week.

This would be leave at 8:34, back at 5:15 four days a week, but being paid proper grown up full time wages

I have evrything crossed, not just my fingers!!!!! :D

i understand fully what you mean!

I tend to take food with me unless there is something in particular i want out...

and if i see general things that aren't a neccessity i tend to want them but sometimes not get them if i know i need the money later on...

another thing is people aren't looking for students anymore...because there are so little jobs out there they want 'experienced' people and people old enough to be responsible :/ though some of us are more responsibe then the aaverage adult...

it's even said that people just graduating are finding it difficult to get a job...

speaking of which.. guess what!?

i got a phone call this morn, asking if i wanted to do TWO parel rounds this Friday AND Saturday!!

which mean's...INCOMEE!!!!! :blink:

there two of the best paid ones aswell....i shoud get between £100-200 just fer these 2 days...

I'm glad your husband was strong, and we are all routing for him getting this job, thats closer and pays better, because to me, money isn't the bee'all and end'all but it is to the people surrounding, so it does pressure you...