Anyone else dieting to fit in a prom dress?

Hattiefang

Ok so Im sat here feeling pretty darn sorry for myself as I drink another strawberry ''milkshake'' :thumbup: (Icky milkshake and soup and paste diet) and dream of a dairymilk bar :thumbup: on my quest to fit into my prom dress!

So I thought I cant be the only one whos sufffering for a dress, so I thought id start this so we can give each other some moral support! :thumbup:

So who else is dieting??? :thumbup:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as you may have read, I am! Been really, really good....ish! Doing my keep fit dvds when I can and doing sit ups and weights everyday so I'm hoping it'll pay off! Hey atleast we'll have our bridget jones pants to fall back on if we haven't hit our target ha ha ha ha!

I'm not so much dieting, just cutting down on how much and what i eat.

For example I'm sticking to the main meals with one or two pieces of fruit thoughout the day.

And I'm rationing how much chocolate I have a week :thumbup:

Well yeah I would say I'm healthy eating rather than dieating lol. I have cereal (with soya milk as normal milk gives me tummy ache) in the morn, fruit at dinner and then a meal at tea time. I've not even been snacking which is shocking for me! Cutting down on junk food (I let myself have a chocolate bar or a packet of crisps at the weekend. Or like last night-well technically the early hours of this morn-I had some ice cream) has definately made me feel different inside if that makes sense? Like my tummy isn't all gurgly and acidy. I've got to the point now where I'm not even craving junk food which is good!

I really want to join the gym and I have no excuse living 10mins walk away from one but still I have never got round to it. I lost half a stone in two weeks simply from cutting out all chocolate and sugar then I was miserable starting eating again and put it all back on...and more! in just a few days lol. Ahh well I am much happier eating ben and jerrys :clap:

I can't lose any weight, just need to tone up a bit

Couldn't train properly for a month cos of that rash, wasn't allowed to get sweaty and I ended up flabbing out a bit.

I won't got to the gym either, people judge you too much.

Plus, I have a friend who goes to the gym too much and now looks like a lollypop.

She is so thin that her stomach actually goes in, that can't be good. I don't want to look like that. And I am the sort of person that when I start doing something, I get obsessed, so I don't want to start at the gym, or just losing a few pounds wouldn't be enough.

Zoe Lucker exerc ise video and Taekwondo for me :clap:

I've been on weight watchers for the past 13 months. Lost 3st so far. Got another half a stone to go.

Can't lose any more weight before prom though or my Dolce and Gabbana dress will be too big, and I ain't wasting that sort of money lol.

I have to say though, that it's pretty pointless trying to lose weight this close to the prom. Too much pressure, not enough time. Fad diets are the devil and should be avoided at all costs.

I've been on weight watchers for the past 13 months. Lost 3st so far. Got another half a stone to go.

Can't lose any more weight before prom though or my Dolce and Gabbana dress will be too big, and I ain't wasting that sort of money lol.

I have to say though, that it's pretty pointless trying to lose weight this close to the prom. Too much pressure, not enough time. Fad diets are the devil and should be avoided at all costs.

I agree with you there

I can cope with being 5 foot 9 and 10 stone, that will do for me.

I am a size 12, and while I would love to be a size 10, I always look like my cheeks are sucked in then, and hubby prefers me as a size 12

Went into boots today to get some new skin cream and asked for advice,

They said which one they recommended, but when I am 25 I can change to a different one.

Talk about made up! Her jaw literally dropped when I said I was 38! :D

Everyones just the size they are.

Before I had kids I was horribly skinny, it was revolting! I never tried to be skinny, I just was

But after kids I started putting weight on really quickly.

Doesn't sound a lot, but I went from 8 and a half stone (told you that was too skinny!) and am now 10 stone.

all the women in my family put on 3 stone in the space of a few months, and when I saw that starting to happen to me, I took action straight away. My sister is really short, and was always a size 6, but in the last year she has gone up to a size 12 (again, you may think that is still small, but she is barely 5 foot and says that lots of size 12 clothes are all to small and is thinking she is going up a size again). She is seeing a dietician now cos the weight is literally going on and on and she can't do anything about it.

That happened to my Mum who went from 7 stone (she's short too) up to 13 stone in about a year and now can't lose any weight. Its all due to our heart murmers. My mum also has thyroid problems. All adds up doesn't it.

So.........................I constantly watch what I eat and train twice a week.

But I don't diet really, just always eat healthily and don't really eat chocolate or crisps anymore. I do miss pigging out, somehow, healthy balanced meals just aren't the same as eating constantly whatever I wanted from the minute I woke up til I went to sleep - thats what I used to do, but I never put on any weight. Those were the days! :D

These days, If I do fancy chocolate, I keep the weightwatchers chocolate wafer bars in the cupboard and treat myself to one of them, or I have a meringue and some raspberries - just as delicious!!!

Right, its Saturday evening, time for my treat - Meringue and raspberry time! ABsolutely love it!!!!! Especially if the raspberries are frozen (I always keep some in the freezer), cos they literally melt in your mouth. And....................so few calories its untrue!