Anyone else dieting to fit in a prom dress?

Hattiefang

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it's important to find out why... there's got to be something that's making you unhappy - and when you figure it out, it'll be easier to overcome :)

Yeah i've been in therapy for years now!!! It kinda sucks!!

xx

Me too and trust me I know it sucks! but you have all us for moral support now :( And to me at least you honestly don't look the size you said you are :) And as tough as it is you must never lose faith in yourself 'cause you have the strength to do what you want! & Beth's right, you will get there :o

I'm a size 8-10 but wear mostly a 10 'cause I have quite big boobs and it's just more comfortable for my shape. Not so much dieting as two years ago I did lose about 2 & a half stone in a year but now my body just won't allow me to lose any more weight since it'd be unhealthy. So I think I'm just gonna watch what I eat instead 'cause I do have a bit of a belly really that I'd like to get rid of. Anyone got any ideas for house excersie though? I'd love to just go running or to a gym but I'm agoraphobic so can't really get out (Seriously don't ask about how I'm getting to the con haha, just sheer motivation I think) I used to just do jump rope and stuff out the garden but I'm never home alone now so if anyone knows any exercises that wouldn't make me look like a fool that'd help :poki:

Then it's important to find out why... there's got to be something that's making you unhappy - and when you figure it out, it'll be easier to overcome :)

xx

Me too and trust me I know it sucks! but you have all us for moral support now :( And to me at least you honestly don't look the size you said you are :) And as tough as it is you must never lose faith in yourself 'cause you have the strength to do what you want! & Beth's right, you will get there :o

Thank you so much!!! **hugs**

xxx

xx

Thank you so much!!! **hugs**

xxx

You're much more than welcome :poki: *Hugs back*

I started off as a 16/18, now I'm an 8/10...

If you're happy, then it doesn't matter what size you are. It's if you're unhappy looking in the mirror - THAT's when it's important to make a change. Otherwise, stuff everyone else!

Wow get you that's bloody amazing, I'm a 16 atm and i'd love that. :o

i'm not dieting specifically for this but i'm cutting down on junk, excercising more etc... i hate excercise. HATE it! even while listening to my ipod running will never be fun!

Yeah i guess and my boobs are huge i hate them

:(

^^^ my face actually looks like that right now, haha!

I've lost 2 1/2 stone but it's been bloody hard work. When I was younger I was like a stick and could eat want I wanted - not anymore :o

oh my god, same! when i look back at young pics of myself i look anorexic, and it seems like one day i just blew up!

xx

it took me about 7 therapists to find the right one, saw her for almost 2 years and now i'm not allowed to see her anymore for various reasons. what the hell!!!

haha, this is so immature but i've only just realised that therapist is the rapist with a space. i thought i'd spelt it wrong at first. i'm so mature =]

Speaking for myself and I think everyone here no ones judging you and you won't be at prom :) Personally I love all your dress choices and stuff and I think if anything it'll be a confidence boost!

QUOTE(_Chelsea_ @ Aug 8 2009, 10:20 PM)

Speaking for myself and I think everyone here no ones judging you and you won't be at prom :) Personally I love all your dress choices and stuff and I think if anything it'll be a confidence boost!

me to and personally i think you're gna look stunning in any of the dresses u sent xxx END QUOTE

I hope so LFCC was amazing!! I felt ontop of the world when i came back cos i did it :( I cant wait for the Proms to figure it out!!

-_- gosh guys all these compliments mean a lot but its not easy to take them!!!

xxx

Edited by Rpatts-Forever

Chelsea if youve just got a bit of a belly you probably just need to do some toning exercises, they seriously do make a difference. and have you got any exercise videos? they may sound stupid but they do help! my uncles a personal trainer and he gave me a few that are quite good. and sit ups etc can all be done while watching tv, haha you can tell how lazy i am!

weight is such a pain in the a**

Will we ever be satisfied with how we look?

I think I drive hubby nuts cos I am really insecure about my appearance.

Side profile? - Nightmare! Who would want my nose and chin? Great for instant halloween costume though

skinny legs - Everyone says, great, thin legs, but not with big size 7 feet! -_- Golf club legs! :(

But hubby just says I am nuts and that he can't see it.

I never wore a bikini until about 4 years ago cos that is when I put weight on and actually had a figure for the first time, but it is a slightly odd figure. I haven't got a waist.

No matter how thin I could be, my hips are only an inch below my lowest rib, so as you can imagine, getting jeans to fit comfortably is impossible.

I think that learning to love how you are is really difficult.

If I was brave enough I would have had plastic surgery on my nose, but I don't really see the point. Its not like I want to be in films or anything that requires your appearance to be perfect.

But low body image is still not nice.

Don't think many of us are 100% happy with everything.

Well, I still can't wait to see us all in our prom dresses.

In a way, Its a shame they don't stand us all in the hall, stick a camera really high and take a pic.

I used to go on residential music courses, and the best part was the group image that was taken on the first day.

Then on the last day, everyone got their photos and got loads of signatures from their friends on the course. I still have them alll, great memories!

SM What do you think? Possible?

I would definitely pay for one of those. Plus, all the photographer would have to do is when everyone has had their prom pics done, everyone gather in the prom, they jump up and take a pic.

You don't even have to get everyone to line up, we just used to gather on the green outside the hall, the photographer would go up the steps, turn and take a picture. Usually everyone just stood grinning at the camera! Fab!

Hmm! What do you think? Should I ask a mod if that is a possible?

QUOTE(_Chelsea_ @ Aug 8 2009, 10:20 PM)

me to and personally i think you're gna look stunning in any of the dresses u sent xxx END QUOTE

I hope so LFCC was amazing!! I felt ontop of the world when i came back cos i did it :lol: I cant wait for the Proms to figure it out!!

-_- gosh guys all these compliments mean a lot but its not easy to take them!!!

xxx

We'll just have to teach you to let them sink in even just a little bit :D

Chelsea if youve just got a bit of a belly you probably just need to do some toning exercises, they seriously do make a difference. and have you got any exercise videos? they may sound stupid but they do help! my uncles a personal trainer and he gave me a few that are quite good. and sit ups etc can all be done while watching tv, haha you can tell how lazy i am!

Hmmm I'm not sure that we have any, we used to have a lot but it's not a bad idea 'cause I know they make a great difference :D Haha you sound like me with the watching TV part. Now it's just to cut back on the cookies :( Haha

I have the Zoe Lucker Little black dress exercise vid and I love it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoe-Lucker-Little-...t/dp/B0000C66AD

5 x 10 minute exercises. All themed differently

I like the boxing one

the abdominal toning one

and the yoga one

There is also dance and a warm up

Its great, you could just do one of them

It was well worth it.

I don't do it all the time, just when I feel I haven't been able to train enough, then I replace the lost training session (I do Taekwondo twice a week) with a workout. And in the comfort of your own home too!

Kate, that dress is so stunning, you will be beaming, and that is the most natural beauty there is!!!

ps I'll put a suggestion for the group pic in a new topic