Torchwood: Series 4?

Timelord

I read somewhere that Eve Myles accidently revealed that there will be a Torchwood series 4, saying she likes where Gwen's character will go. I think I read it in a newspaper at somepoint.. anyone else hear about this?

she said to me that if they get a 4th series thern there'll be a lot more humour in it than in series 3, and in the radio times this week it said a 4th season was likely due to the viewing figures, but I haven't seen anything else about it.

Yeah and before the series aired, Russell said that a fourth series was being worked on but it would depend on Children of Earth's viewing figures which were fantastic. One can but hope that it returns, it'd be an injustice if it didn't in my opinion. :blush:

Series 4 has been confirmed! :dance:

how/where did you find out?

No doubt from comic con.

That where RTD and JB are at the moment. Rumours were going round that Comic Con would be where they confirmed it

This just popped up

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/07/25/ex...-season-by-bbc/

No doubt by tomorrow there will be more reports

Brilliant, thanks. I was reading a live blog of the Doctor Who panel earlier and they didn't confim a 4th series, and I'm waiting to read the Torchwood one now lol.

I'm really interested to see where they would go with a 4th series, as it's blatantly going to have to be so different because of all the characters dying or doing their own thing.

Edited by lizzy88

Personally Im being optimistic about it, big changes nodoubt, I meen, only 2 original members left but, I think the show is far from dead. Theres Torchwood 4 to be explored yet!

Many people want Ianto back, but Id rather Owen come back, it would make more sense, wouldnt have to repeat a member coming back from the dead so soon after aswell (Jack, obviously doesnt count ha).

My opinion on series 3 differs from many it seems, other than the solution to defeating the 456, I really enjoyed the conclusion, even if it did make me depressed. It didnt feel like the end of the show to me, I didnt freak out thinking that was it for Torchwood, as I thought it had more of a Empire strikes back feel, in the way that its ended very darkly, but theres more to the story yet to come, it didnt make sense as an end to the series as a whole for me. Jack needs to find a way to forgive himself and return, and with Gwen start over. I hope Torchwood remains in Cardiff though.. Id be a bit sad to see it change location. But I dont know what the chances are of Jack getting the hub rebuilt in the next series really..

I'd LOVE to have Ianto back but really can't see it happening. I can't imagine Jack wouldn't be in it, and I'd love for Gwen to come back just so we get some kind of continuity other than just Jack.

I can't see us ever seeing the Hub again. But, considering how massive it must have been, it can't have all been destroyed, surely? Plus, with it having the dam to stop the bay coming in through the wall, and it not flooding, surely a lot of it would have survived, even if it's just the main structure rather than the details?

Whatever happens, I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. But I agree, I think it should stay in Cardiff.

No no no no series 4. :lol:

Series 3 was the perfect ending for Torchwood.

Ianto's gone.

Gwen and Reece went off to start their family life.

Jack went off on his own.

That's the ending I liked, really don't want another series to change all that.

End it on a high!!!

wow have you read some of the comments in response to that comicmix news. Lots of people saying that the death of Ianto = Death of Torchwood, That COE was unbearable to watch etc

But from my points of view COE made for fantastic television and to show that it isint just another run of the mill series where the day is saved with everyone being okay in the end.

It was said that there wouldn't be a season 4 unless COE's viewings were good so something must of been done right.

Theirs a lot that can be done with the series at this point and I can see Torchwoods fresh start becoming a big success.