Displaying autographs

Timelord

• Moderators

I have one (my very first) framed and it sits on my mantlepiece (hanging heaving things on my walls is all but impossible) the rest of my 8x10s are in a folder.

The only things that are put up on my wall are theatre and show tickets (most of the way down my 4th column of those just since June 2008), with all the corresponding signed programmes in a strong plastic box (need to get another one soon, or a bigger one).

This is what I think:

If you are going to get something framed do the following;

Get a generic sized mount with backing, but not the economy kind - use either whitecore OR expensive archival mount (only if you have something that is genuinely worth over £500-1000).

The reason I say get a generic sized mount is because it is easier to frame these.

The glass some people have talked about is not glass at all. It is perspex. When framing anything of any actual value or worth to yourself or to the public then perspex is the way to go. For those of you who aren't familiar with this, glass has no uv protection. You can buy plexiglass (perspex) with/without uv protection. As long as you keep your item out of the Sun buy the unprotected stuff. There really is no point buying something you do not need.

Edited by QS: Sorry, selling/advertising is not allowed on the forum. Leaving your website address off and asking people to contact you is not a way to get around the forum rules.

If you have issues with that, please contact Showmasters directly.

Edited by Queen_Sindel