Gold pass question about queues?

I can recommend buying one of these passes to anyone. I was able to get in front of photo shoot queues, got into the building first etc.

My question is this. Even with the pass, I was unable to meet Frazer Hines and the Phelps Twins. I had to leave at 3.00 and these people had q's all day. Surely there is some way that if this happens again, pass holders can be put somewhere near the front of the q?

Other than this, it was an excellent show.

I can recommend buying one of these passes to anyone. I was able to get in front of photo shoot queues, got into the building first etc.

My question is this. Even with the pass, I was unable to meet Frazer Hines and the Phelps Twins. I had to leave at 3.00 and these people had q's all day. Surely there is some way that if this happens again, pass holders can be put somewhere near the front of the q?

Yep had the same problem but found a red shirt member of staff who put me at the front of the q for both.

Yep had the same problem but found a red shirt member of staff who put me at the front of the q for both.

I wish someone had told me. I have missed to autos I would really have liked to have :(

I hope they can come to another event.

I wish someone had told me. I have missed to autos I would really have liked to have :(

I hope they can come to another event.

These guests come to cons all the time, I am sure you will get them next time around!!

it seems like to me that the crew was a bit insecure about what to do with the gold passes, on saturday I got put in the back of lines but on sunday most put me in front.

Seems like this was not common knowledge amongst the crew, lets hope they take better care of the gold pass members next year around, after all we did pay a lot for our cards to get some extra things.

I was really hoping for something more to be honest, seemed a on the lighter side, but still good.

it seems like to me that the crew was a bit insecure about what to do with the gold passes, on saturday I got put in the back of lines but on sunday most put me in front.

Seems like this was not common knowledge amongst the crew, lets hope they take better care of the gold pass members next year around, after all we did pay a lot for our cards to get some extra things.

I was really hoping for something more to be honest, seemed a on the lighter side, but still good.

Can Showmasters shed some light then about whether gold pass holders are allowed near front of auto q's or not?

I think gold passes allow u at the front of all you photo shoots q's. For the auto q's they allow you to Join the end of the q's with out the need of a v ticket. So if a gold pass member walked up at say 1pm and they v tickets were upto 200 - 250 they could just join that no need for a v ticket.

Edited by mojoe

for photo sessions, it was front of q

for auto's where there was VQ's being used it was end of q

for auto's where there was no VQ, you needed to talk to red shirt staff member who would put you at front of q

Edited by Max Carnage

for auto's where there was no VQ, you needed to talk to red shirt staff member who would put you at front of q

Not being funny, but I did speak to someone in crew t shirt at the Phelps bro q (no Vts) and she didnt think she could put me to the front.

Not being funny, but I did speak to someone in crew t shirt at the Phelps bro q (no Vts) and she didnt think she could put me to the front.

I was told the same by a blue shirt staff member for Frazer, it wasn't until I asked one of the senior people at the main help desk and she said find a red shirt as they have been instructed to put gold pass people at the front of the q if there's no VQ. I agree 100% that this should have been described prior to the event.

I was told the same by a blue shirt staff member for Frazer, it wasn't until I asked one of the senior people at the main help desk and she said find a red shirt as they have been instructed to put gold pass people at the front of the q if there's no VQ. I agree 100% that this should have been described prior to the event.

Hi mate.

As the queue organiser for Frazer (and Paul!) if you'd shown me your gold pass I'd've let you join the back of the queue as it was - I did this all day as any gold pass member who showed me their pass will testify. Unless of course you happened to catch the queue in the 15 minutes I wasn't there, or at a time when both queues were manically busy and I was ticketing like mad....! As a matter of interest both queues were open at the beginning (which also could have been where the problem was) but I was dragged away from my other job to VT both queues for the rest of the day.

Apologies if there was any misunderstanding.

Edited by Banished_From_Rohan

About the Phelps twins, they should have made VT in the morning as well, and not just in the afternoon... The queues for them were so long! But they finally ended the day with an open queue, and I got the autos I wanted... I was lucky coz they talked to me a lot!! But VT all day would have been great :smile:

About the Phelps twins, they should have made VT in the morning as well, and not just in the afternoon... The queues for them were so long! But they finally ended the day with an open queue, and I got the autos I wanted... I was lucky coz they talked to me a lot!! But VT all day would have been great :smile:

Thing is I don't think anyone realised just how busy the Phelps twins, Paul and Frazer would be!!

Hi mate.

As the queue organiser for Frazer (and Paul!) if you'd shown me your gold pass I'd've let you join the back of the queue as it was - I did this all day as any gold pass member who showed me their pass will testify. Unless of course you happened to catch the queue in the 15 minutes I wasn't there, or at a time when both queues were manically busy and I was ticketing like mad....! As a matter of interest both queues were open at the beginning (which also could have been where the problem was) but I was dragged away from my other job to VT both queues for the rest of the day.

When I tried to join the Frazer queue there was no organizer, just a long queue - this was around 10/11 am. I went up and asked the crew member sitting with Frazer and he said gold passes just have to join the queue at the end as there were no VT for Frazer. Then I saw the queue for the Phelps twins and assumed the same. This is when I spoke to the organizer's booth at the main entrance and they said I should find a red shirt staff member which I then did for the twins and got put at the front of the queue. Result ! Then when I came back to Frazer, I saw the queue organizer ( must have been you - thanks you were very helpful also ) and got straight into the end of the VT queue. I'm just glad I asked or I probably wouldn't have got to see the twins. All in all I had a fantastic weekend and think the gold pass was well worth the money but think the pre-show information concerning the gold pass privileges should be explained a bit better concerning the non-VT queues.

Hi mate.

When I tried to join the Frazer queue there was no organizer, just a long queue - this was around 10/11 am. I went up and asked the crew member sitting with Frazer and he said gold passes just have to join the queue at the end as there were no VT for Frazer. Then I saw the queue for the Phelps twins and assumed the same. This is when I spoke to the organizer's booth at the main entrance and they said I should find a red shirt staff member which I then did for the twins and got put at the front of the queue. Result ! Then when I came back to Frazer, I saw the queue organizer ( must have been you - thanks you were very helpful also ) and got straight into the end of the VT queue. I'm just glad I asked or I probably wouldn't have got to see the twins. All in all I had a fantastic weekend and think the gold pass was well worth the money but think the pre-show information concerning the gold pass privileges should be explained a bit better concerning the non-VT queues.

Oh right, that's cool then. Glad I didn't miss anyone and that you got to meet who you wanted :)