Ben Lloyd-Holmes

Never

Don't wanna seem rude or anything

But I didn't really notice him in this series so I have no idea what he would talk about, as a guest. I might have missed it in all my angst and I've only seen ep 4 3 times and ep 5 once but I watched the other three a lot and I only really noticed him in the credits so could someone like... give me a point to where he was so I could watch it again?

I sort of agree - I assumed he would be one of the major roles in COE but he wasn't. He wasn't really involved that much at all.

I'm feeling a little disappointed now - I know we have 2 actresses whose roles were the main character of their episodes storyline - and we have the little girl whose character was the main storyline (but to be fair she is only a child) but apart from that we may or may not have john coming for one day so feels like something is missing.

• Moderators

Just to address the 'only a child' comment - I've met some 'child' actors at Heroes events, and they've been some of the best guests I've seen at a convention, so I've certainly learnt to not judge someone based on their age.

As for Ben, can we try not to be insulting and call him 'rubbish' please? I'm sure everyone wants to welcome him to The Hub 3 and show him a great time like every other guest.

Just to address the 'only a child' comment - I've met some 'child' actors at Heroes events, and they've been some of the best guests I've seen at a convention, so I've certainly learnt to not judge someone based on their age.

As for Ben, can we try not to be insulting and call him 'rubbish' please? I'm sure everyone wants to welcome him to The Hub 3 and show him a great time like every other guest.

Completely Agree! The lad who played young Jack at the first Hub event was a brilliant guest. He was fun. confident and articulate and had some great stories. All guests have something to offer, whatever part they have played and however small. I'm sure Ben will be able to share his own Torchwood experiences and will also be a great guest.

Please can we be aaccepting and have no more guest bashing.

I'm glad this was put up here, cos i was just thinking that I didn't notice Ben at all.

I agree with the people that thought that he would have had a bigger part, but like DavidB said, we always welcome the guests and I'm sure he will be welcomed too, although I can see what people mean when they say they don't know what he will talk about.....

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt notice him either?

And for that I think hes a pretty rubbish guest and I'm very disappointed!

That's not a very nice attitude. I think we TW fans should welcome anyone connected with the show.

I think we TW fans should welcome anyone connected with the show.

Yeah, I agree. While he wasn't the biggest character in the story, he was still in it and is probably a lovely bloke. He'll have his own experiences to share and I'm sure he'll be a great guest. I'm still looking forward to meeting him anyway but I can understand why people would be 'more' excited to meet bigger stars such as John Barrowman. :D

I think we TW fans should welcome anyone connected with the show.

Yeah, I agree. While he wasn't the biggest character in the story, he was still in it and is probably a lovely bloke. He'll have his own experiences to share and I'm sure he'll be a great guest. I'm still looking forward to meeting him anyway but I can understand why people would be 'more' excited to meet bigger stars such as John Barrowman. :D

I agree with both posts that Bev and Doctor Who has made, we should welcome all guests with open arms, no matter if they were in it for 10 seconds, or had one line or whatnot, we should unite and be awesome fans that we now we are, and welcome every guest with open arms!

Dont judge before you meet the guy, cause he might be lovely and stuff, and to the people who have made a few snide comments, to be honest I hope you end up with egg on your face!

I wasn't really having a go, I was just wondering as I didn't remember seeing him as the time. I'm sure if we added the times up he'd have been in it more than previous guests and they were all great.

I didnt notice him either?

And for that I think hes a pretty rubbish guest and I'm very disappointed!

Get your eyes tested then. I saw him straight away, I mean how many bald guys were there.

Now you may have found my comment "get your eyes tested" as a little rude, but guess what..... you saying you think he's a pretty rubbish guest is just as bad.

Now get over yourself, be glad that Showmaster's is running another Hub event, go to it and enjoy it and stop complaining. There's a very high chance that you'll really enjoy the weekend, ALL of the guests, and then you'll feel rather stupid and embarrased for assuming he is a rubbish guest.

/rant

I wasn't really having a go, I was just wondering as I didn't remember seeing him as the time. I'm sure if we added the times up he'd have been in it more than previous guests and they were all great.

I wasn't ranting at you :), as you wasn't sure who he was (you stated in the first post)! I just ranted people who made snipey marks! Wasn't aimed at you at all :)!

Edited by DarknessHayz

I've just been on his official website and he's been in quite a lot of other projects as well as Torchwood too. Over the last week, I re-watched Children of Earth for a third time and to be fair to him, he did appear in most episodes with quite a lot of lines. I think he'll be a great guest anyway and look forward to meeting him, you can visit his official website here. There's a modelling gallery of his on there which may impress some of you too. ;):lol:

Edited by Doctor Who