Merchandizing issues

Hey!

As this will be my first LFCC, I wonder if the merchandizing on the day will be interesting as far as the prices are concerned. For example, I am thinking about buying Rosalie's necklace (from Twilight), and I wonder if I will pay more or less at the event than on the Internet or in other places... Do you see what I mean? And it is just one example!

Thanks!

there are normally a good range of dealers at SM shows, selling good quality items.

I would not always say that they are the cheapest prices going, but you can always find some bargins and deals

worth looking around at all the stalls before purchasing to see if the item you want is available at the best price

the dude :thumbup:

also, it may be worth checking on the internet to see how much you can buy it for so you know that before you go, so if you see it and it's cheaper you can get it knowing that, but if it's more expensive you'll know that too. At CM15 I phoned my sister to get her to look a couple of things up for me on the internet to see how much they were before I bought them.

Good idea :thumbup: I'll check some prices but I'm sure I will be extremely tempted to buy some stuff at the LFCC even if it isn't cheaper than on the Internet. After all, it doesn't have quite the same effect in your memory when you remember it afterward ^^ And this way I won't have to pay for postage fees.

(if only I could find Mulder's poster "I want to believe" as well :lol: )

• Moderators

Some stalls accept card, but not all. They'll either have little signs up saying they do, or you can just ask :D

Always worth asking if they'll keep something back for you if you need to go get cash.

i can only speak form what i found at Collectomania in MK....

I found that most things were cheaper at the con, but you really do need to look around. For example i wbuoght Rose's necklace and Edwards cuff off play.com and paid £15 each. i found them at the con for £10 each! So much kicking of ones self followed. Luckily i found the twilight wallet at the con for £10 rahter than paying £18 for it online/ :)

As for the cash point i THINK there are cash points at EC as i vaguely remember getting cash out there at the ideal homes show.......but i took my cheque book to MK and most stalls were happy to take cheque if they didnt take card

Edited by HisOwnBrandOfHeroin

If I remember rightly there's a cash point between the back entrance of EC1 and the gates by West Brompton station. I think it's a Natwest one? It hasn't charged me any time I've used it. There are cash points outside Earls Court station as well I think if you get really stuck (I'm sure there are some on the entrance furthest away from EC, but can't remember if there are any on the side closest).