James Masters sponsored guest for the Hub

showmasters

with John not even bothering to know whether he is coming or not why not ditch him

John CANNOT confirm yet, as he is starring in La Cage Aux Folles in the West End. It's not a question of him "not even bothering". And please let's keep some perspective here: John is Captain Jack Harkness; to many, he IS Torchwood. JM is a terrific added guest, but he is in no respect the star of this particular show.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with John not even bothering to know whether he is coming or not why not ditch him

It's not that he's not bothering it's because he's a busy man. He needs to see if he can fit it in his schedule. He wants to come and at the moment it's just the question of whether he can make it. Never has he given the impression he's not bothering. Just be patient.

It's not that he's not bothering it's because he's a busy man. He needs to see if he can fit it in his schedule. He wants to come and at the moment it's just the question of whether he can make it. Never has he given the impression he's not bothering. Just be patient.

Well said electroxgirl - I think the comment by Owlpost was totally unjustified.

We all know John will go out of his way to not let people down as proven at the recent event in USA.

Well said electroxgirl - I think the comment by Owlpost was totally unjustified.

We all know John will go out of his way to not let people down as proven at the recent event in USA.

I'd just like to ask a question - please do no shout at me, I don't want to start an arguement

How can JB be confirmed as a guest if he doesn't know whether he will be able to attend?

Yeah, usually guests say 'I'll be there' but occasionally they have to sya 'I'll be there IF...'

John was at two events recently despite his ankle being in a cast and being on crutches. If he can make it for even a single day, he will try.

Also, slightly off topic - are most of the people at these conventions pretty friendly as I'll be turning up on my tod and wont know anyone!

Anyway, had a wee thought, with John not even bothering to know whether he is coming or not why not ditch him, make James fully paid up. Works wonders if he's there for the whole 3 days.

Oh and a nod to costs, at The other 2 Hubs the most anyone charged was £15 (I know they weren't sponsored those that were didn't have a photo op opportunity which I am mad about as I'd love to have a photo of me and Hot Weevil) so would there be a chance of James being that instead of £20? I know its asking a lot but with this move to the Hilton and the recession every penny helps.

Can't believe you are still going on about John like this, can't we move on?. For the record I'm sure not everybody going is a fan of James Marsters, personally I'm not, that's just me, but I'm not saying he shouldn't be there just because I'm not a fan.

People have the choice as to wether they get his photo/auto or not.

How can JB be confirmed as a guest if he doesn't know whether he will be able to attend?

I think confirmed guests are ones that have actually signed a contract.

But contracts for conventions also usually have a general opt out clause allowing guests to pull out of the event if they have work commitments.

At least I think thats the situation (I'm nothing to do with this or any other convention!, but all conventions I've attended have had the standard 'subject to work commitments' clause on the ticket bookings.

That being said JB is well known as being very fan friendly so I expect he will come if its possible, and as La Cage doesn't have any Sunday performances I'm hopeful he will at least be there that day, although I don't suppose we will find out for sure until nearer the event.

That being said JB is well known as being very fan friendly so I expect he will come if its possible, and as La Cage doesn't have any Sunday performances I'm hopeful he will at least be there that day, although I don't suppose we will find out for sure until nearer the event.

I really hope he can make it. Seeing as he was the one that sold most of these tickets I think everyone would be extremely disappointed if he can't at all. I understand if he can't, he's quite busy, but I hope he can manage the Sunday.

That being said JB is well known as being very fan friendly

John is well known for going the extra mile for his fans, which is why his fanbase is so loyal and appreciative. It's a pity some people try to put a negative spin on his popularity. If he can get to the Hub he will, but work HAS to come first.

That being said JB is well known as being very fan friendly

John is well known for going the extra mile for his fans, which is why his fanbase is so loyal and appreciative. It's a pity some people try to put a negative spin on his popularity. If he can get to the Hub he will, but work HAS to come first.

Yeh, he tries his hardest to give something back to his fans as he feels it's because of us he's where he is now in his career. He does what he can when he can (like not disappointing all those at TorchSong) which makes him such an amazing person and why we all love him :)

And the fact that he turned up at the BFI on crutches for the Torchwood preview last week speaks volumes about his professionalism. He knows how much his presence at the Hub will mean to his fans, and if he can be there I'm sure he will.

This is about James Marsters, can you all shut up about John bloody Barrowman...

Perhaps that should be directed to owl_post, who is the poster who dragged JB into this discussion :rolleyes:

And if you have no more constructive comments, then please feel free not to contribute further to this thread :lol:

Can we get back onto what this is about, and make other topics for other subjects, I am not being funny but this topic is meant to be about James Marsters, but its turing into something else....

Got something to post other then about James, make another topic, its easy to do!

This is about James Marsters, can you all shut up about John bloody Barrowman...

Actually, when people start attacking someone on a given thread, I think it's reasonable to stand up in a civil fashion for the person in question.

That said, though, I have to say that we've been reminded on a previous forum (i.e., for Hub 2) that the guests do sometimes check some of the threads, especially those that pertain to them. Perhaps for those who'd like to celebrate James Marsters' participation in this event, we might do well to remember that we can do so without either moaning about his sponsored status or attacking another guest whom so many of us adore. :)

Edited by Blackbird

Can we get back onto what this is about, and make other topics for other subjects, I am not being funny but this topic is meant to be about James Marsters, but its turing into something else....

Got something to post other then about James, make another topic, its easy to do!

I agree with this 100%!

Sponsored guest or not, I'm really excited at the chance to meet James Marsters! :rolleyes:

[Perhaps for those who'd like to celebrate James Marsters' participation in this event, we might do well to remember that we can do so without either moaning about his sponsored status or attacking another guest whom so many of us adore. :)

Absolutely! Personal attacks have no place here.

I'm pleased James is going to be at Hub3, I don't care if I have to pay extra for his photo/autograph (he's worth it!), and I'm a long-time fan of JB and hope he'll be able to make it for one day :lol:

How GREAT is Hub3 going to be?? :rolleyes:

absolutely!!! Please keep this thread for the James cheer, and open another for the money, availability etc issues if needed. Thank you.

YAY for James. :lol: I'm starting to save up - at least 20 pound every month, so geting ready for October.

JM + JB - it will be an epic weekend!! :rolleyes:

Despite all the negatives surrounding James's appearance, he's going to make a great guest.

Even if you don't get an auto/pic, the talk alone will be worth it.

I've met him a few times now, both in the UK and the USA, and he's always got a friendly smile and gives great hugs :lol:

And whether John makes it to the Hub or not, can we please leave him alone ?? The poor guy has been a real trouper over the last few weeks and doesn't need slagging off because he MIGHT not be able to go. Don't get me wrong i'd be very disappointed if he didn't go...but...at the end of the day work comes first. Even though John hates letting people down :lol:

Plus...i'll shut up in a minute!...can we be more civil to each other. This isn't the place for attacks on each other. If you want to do that to each other go to MSN or something !! :rolleyes:

John CANNOT confirm yet, as he is starring in La Cage Aux Folles in the West End. It's not a question of him "not even bothering". And please let's keep some perspective here: John is Captain Jack Harkness; to many, he IS Torchwood. JM is a terrific added guest, but he is in no respect the star of this particular show.

I believe that I read that when someone asked John about appearing at The Hub with La Cage he said he didn't know he was even up for it, if you know your timetable from September-November surely you ought to have had discussions with your agent about what work he's put you up for around that time and the months leading up to it and even beyond.

That is why I said he couldn't be bothered. I also thought I read somewhere may not have been here at all but that because of La Cage SM were now busily trying to renegotiate a new contract.

Frankly John was at Hub 1 and is one of the easily accessible guys from TW so it wouldn't really matter if he was there or not if your a fan you'd find a way to meet him.

Actually I was talking about John in relation to James not just John on his own, please redirect your attacks for taking this thread away from James away from me.

I think you need to direct your queries /complaints /requests for clarification to Showmasters, as they were the ones who announced John's appearance at Hub3 back at Hub2, not me.

I'm just looking forward to meeting up with my friends for a great weekend.

Actually John's official group have said they're not sure whether he'll be there for just the Sunday or not at all. So he does know about it! And it's not always easy to find John somewhere if you can't meet him at the Hub. I go to things with him but don't actually get to meet him which is slightly disappointing, and I didn't go to the first Hub.

Anyway back to James. Really excited about seeing him!! Thanks again for getting him!