New Website Design...

Just spotted that the website has been changed around a bit. Must say I am not liking it. Way to "bitty" with sections just confusing the matter.

Personally I think if the sections where on top of each other it would be less confusing/odd then having them side by side.

I hope that they get the web designer that does the Massive Events sites to over hall it, as it really looks like a amateur site and not from a professional company.

Just my two cents. :

Woah, I don't like it either... I understand wanting to have it all instantly visible, but it doesn't even all line up <_< bit hard to read really... And the font is too bold to read properly, esp the scrolling bit...

I agree, I mean no offence to the designer but it isnt the best of designs.

The font for 'Meet the stars... in Person!' is ugly and doesnt look crisp, also the images for the celebrities are way too cramped and the UK stars area is hardly seperated and the continuation of the fade from blue to light white in every area is just ugly.

It really needs to be made more proffesional, crisp and have more order to it. I also noticed that with the new design we lost a few links, the Online Store for example, probably one of the most important links.

What would be a good idea is to sort of go back to the old, but keeping the categories, maybe going into futher specifics (Twilight Stars, Comic Artists etc.) Emphasis should be put on the more popular guests as they will be the main selling point, ofcourse every guest is equal but we all know whos going to pull the crowds in and maybe a bigger picture for them would do the site some good.

Im sorry for being such a critic but ive got your best interests in mind and theres nothing wrong with some constructive criticism!

EDIT; I was bored and made this, doubt anyone will like it and there are impractical bits and wouldnt be very site worthy but it shows off some ideas and seeing as i spent a while on it, i wasnt going to let it go to waste lmao! Link to my image of layout: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6784/boredness.jpg

Edited by Edward

EDIT; I was bored and made this, doubt anyone will like it and there are impractical bits and wouldnt be very site worthy but it shows off some ideas and seeing as i spent a while on it, i wasnt going to let it go to waste lmao! Link to my image of layout: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6784/boredness.jpg

That lines up nicely! The idea would be good, but the font needs to be clearer, and the boxes cannot be even a little bit lined up, even if they're in diff categories. Makes the whole thing look amateur and would put people off within seconds. Also, the section for British TV starts doesn't seem to have an end, and I don't thing Justin Chon is British somehow...

Just commenting, no offence intending, just airing my views.

Firstly if it aint broke dont fix it. Agree sites should evolve, have facelifts, move with the times get more trendy etc. but looking at the previous design, I could not really fault it. Everything that I wanted to know was there on screen, well laid out. If I was to change the old design I would only categorise the guests pictures into the days that they were attending eg. Both, then Sat, then Sun.

Looking at the new design, I dont like the labelling of people on sites, whats next "Male" "Female".

on Edwards page, the The label "top guests" should not be used, knowing agents they would say all are top guests, I would avoid labels.

When creating sites in the past, I always kept the DDA regs in mind, the use of colours, text styles, using text browsers, etc.. when building sites. I have good vision but the writing under the pics with dark blue, are harder to read, than the lighter colours.

anyhow, that said, you still run the best events...looking forward to July. :headscratch:

It is just too cluttered. It should be simple to read and clear. This is not! Sorry if someone spent a lot of time doing it, but it is a mess.

I am sure something better can be developed.