very important News for Heroes fans

showmasters

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be going to this one, because I can't justify the expense and simply don't have the money.

However, I do think E1 was successful because early on (at least 6 months before) Zach was announced, then Greg Grunberg a month or 2 later, and even though they both eventually cancelled I'm sure their announcements would have encouraged people to buy tickets.

I personally feel it's the same with The Hub conventions - because the main stars were announced, tickets sold.

I understand that its difficult to fork out for guests, especially those from the states, well in advance, but I certainly think that 1 great guest announced early is very beneficial for ticket sales. Then subsequent guests can depend on initial sales. Twilight sells itself because everyone seems to be obsessed with Twilight at the moment (not entirely sure why though!)

I must admit, with no guests announced until a couple of months ago, I was holding off from buying a ticket. I probably would somehow have scraped the money together back in January had there been a great guest announcement. But now, even though I'd love to meet Greg, there is just no way I can find the money for this, especially as it's also a 3.5hr drive for me too.

I will be sad that SM won't be doing any more Heroes cons, but I can understand why when they are losing money on these cons.

Jason, if you could sort out some sort of day ticket. I would be up for coming for a day. Can't get the weekend off work but live in Northampton so could easily do a day.

Obviously with reduced benefits, maybe like 1 autograph and back of the room for talks etc. but if you were looking to cut some of your losses I'm sure many of us would like to help out if we can.

I must say that is very sad news indeed.

Me and my three friends would have liked to have come to this con (as would some of my other friends) however the date of the con is so close to the start of my A-level exams so I couldn't possibly have gone.

However, if I hadn't have had exams we would've waited before buying tickets to see what the line-up was like. Eclipse 1 and 2 both had a great line-up however at the moment with the line-up consisting of three stars we probably wouldn't have paid so much money (tickets, train, hotel, living costs, shopping) for the event.

However I appreciate the fact that guests cant be booked without money from ticket sales. However i think the lack of promotion is to blame for this. Me and my friends descovered E1 through an advert in Heroes Magazine however I've seen no promotion for E2 or E3.

The party-themes aren't so great this time round either.

I would love to have come to E3, especially to meet Greg Grunberg, and its a shame I can't.

I just hope there is a way that we can have more eclipse conventions. However, if there is another one I really do believe that promotion is the key.

Thanks for a great experience at E1 and E2 though SM! They were great events and I'll treasure my memories of them for the rest of my life! :smile:

I'm sad. This is my first ever proper convention i go to the mk collectormanias but that's it.

This is really putting me off going to another ever again, i know some things are beyond sm control but this is really gonna sting with the budget.

I'm meant to be going to hallowhedon but i don't think i'm going to bother now with how things for this and other cons are going atm.

plus i agree the party themes don't do much for me, i'm all for havin a laugh but i feel like they are things to be laughed at not with, if that makes sense, so i'm not dressing up at all. i'm trying not to be negative but i'm really worried about this now......

*fingers crossed* we get a good guest or more people or a miracle :YAHOO:

I must say that is very sad news indeed.

Me and my three friends would have liked to have come to this con (as would some of my other friends) however the date of the con is so close to the start of my A-level exams so I couldn't possibly have gone.

I feel the same. Im still a newbie who hasnt been to a con yet, and i think i would have quite liked this event, but its just too close to exams, theres no way i could make it. Which makes me sad :smile:

I hope everyone that goes has a brilliant time though, and that some sort of miracle happens so that SM dont lose too much money.

Obv there's alot of factors involved in securing a guest but can Ashley not just drag her hubby along?!!

xxxx

The original Post from SM stated working on a 4th guest.....

Is this still the case in light of the decision to include Guest encounters into the price as well as a voucher back etc..

It would be good to have a 4th guest, as a lot of people have already spent a lot of cash etc..