Lanyards instead of chains for our passes at the hub 3

Sarahbridgetkerry

Hey guys.

Was thinking that it would be cool at the hub 3 if we could get a lanyard with our passes on instead of a chain.

a black lanyard with torchwood on or even the torchwood logo would be so cool. even if these are only an extra for the gold passes.

Please consider it. The chains we had at the hub 2 kept snapping open, A lanyard would be more solid.

Thank you :P:D:lol:

• Showmasters Admin

And also cost about 10 times more.

To have them printed especially they'd be AT LEAST £2 each. For 800 attendees that's £1600 on lanyards. That's enough for another medium guest.

Which would you prefer, a lanyard or an extra guest?

Edited by Too Tall

Actually the more you order the cheaper it becomes, you could get 1000 custom printed lanyards from as little as 65p each. And you could always give them to the gold tickets and sell the rest?

Not trying to cause trouble though or anything just I ordered some custom printed ones myself last year and it was cheaper than I expected and people LOVED them! :)

Edited by such_jaunt

Yeah I agree, That just give them to the gold passes and selling to others would be great. I'd buy one. I'd even pay up2 a fiver for one as it would be a really cool item.

Again, not trying to cause problems and i wud def prefer the extra guest but again the more you buy the cheaper they become per lanyard.

Thanks for listening to the idea thou.

Actually the more you order the cheaper it becomes, you could get 1000 custom printed lanyards from as little as 65p each. And you could always give them to the gold tickets and sell the rest?

Not trying to cause trouble though or anything just I ordered some custom printed ones myself last year and it was cheaper than I expected and people LOVED them! :)

Where did you get them from? I dunno if you can say the site here, but could you send me an email please? my email address is darkness_hayz@hotmail.com... Thanks!

I'm happy for you to send the email but please don't name the company on here. Thanks.

Yeah, I thought so :), thats why I included my email address.... :)

Question, why doesnt the PM system work? just wondering... I mightve read it before, but I have forgotten!

Edited by DarknessHayz

Where did you get them from? I dunno if you can say the site here, but could you send me an email please? my email address is darkness_hayz@hotmail.com... Thanks!

Can you also email me plz.............. sarahbridget@msn.com thanks

Although it would be very cool to have a special Torchwood lanyard......

for ease (and cost) at the hub, i think a chain would actually be easier.

I've never encountered problems with the chains i've previously had, and i'm sure if u had a dodgy one, you could always exchange it for another one?

Also a lanyard would be alot stiffer, so if you wanted to quickly take it off to put in your pocket at a photo shoot then it would be quicker with a chain.

Chains just flow round your neck, they're alot easier and probably more comfortable than a lanyard would be. I know not all lanyards are stiff, but new ones usually are, plus as too tall said, that money could go towards a guest.

I wouldn't argue if they we're doing lanyards instead, but in terms of expense and ease, chains seem better.

xx

• Showmasters Admin

Emailed you both :)

Just wanted to add I ordered them for a charity event, it's not a company I work for so i'm not flogging anyone anything for my own self interests etc LOL

I understand and didn't think you were. It's just we have rules against people advertising on the forum, including dealers. So it's not really fair on them if we don't allow them to post links but then allow other users to post links to other businesses. Hopefully that make sense.

Question, why doesnt the PM system work? just wondering... I mightve read it before, but I have forgotten!

PMs have always be turned off. We prefer that any interaction between our forum members is visible to us. We understand that 99% of users would use them reasonably but we do get people on here that don't like to play by the rules and would use them the either send spam or possibly send abusive messages. I'm sorry but it's the usual the few spoiling it for the many.

Emailed you both :)

Just wanted to add I ordered them for a charity event, it's not a company I work for so i'm not flogging anyone anything for my own self interests etc LOL

I understand and didn't think you were. It's just we have rules against people advertising on the forum, including dealers. So it's not really fair on them if we don't allow them to post links but then allow other users to post links to other businesses. Hopefully that make sense.

Totally makes sense just didn't want people thinking I would try to do that so it was more of a just in case :D

Although it would be very cool to have a special Torchwood lanyard......

for ease (and cost) at the hub, i think a chain would actually be easier.

I've never encountered problems with the chains i've previously had, and i'm sure if u had a dodgy one, you could always exchange it for another one?

Also a lanyard would be alot stiffer, so if you wanted to quickly take it off to put in your pocket at a photo shoot then it would be quicker with a chain.

Chains just flow round your neck, they're alot easier and probably more comfortable than a lanyard would be. I know not all lanyards are stiff, but new ones usually are, plus as too tall said, that money could go towards a guest.

I wouldn't argue if they we're doing lanyards instead, but in terms of expense and ease, chains seem better.

xx

I had trouble getting my chain together when I first got it. It kept coming apart. Eventually I got it sorted then everything was fine.

Chains are not necessarily quicker and easier to get off for photos. You can get lanyards with the safety clip so you just pull it and it will come off.

But still I would also prefer to have the money spent on guests, if people want lanyards I'm sure they could just bring them themselves.

I just thought it would be a cool idea to get a lanyard with the torchwood logo on it. Even if these were a buy seperate option. I think people would buy them n therefore getting more money for Massive Events and future conventions.

But as others have said if it's a choice between lanyards or an extra guest then it aid be the extra guest every time.

Please consider the lanyards thou. I am happy to buy and bring my own but one with the torchwood logo would be ace. It could even be a gift in the gold pass goodie bag.

Just an idea.

such_jaunt - That is cheaper than I thought.

I guess the fact that they are now so popular as promotional items means that the marketplace for supply has become so competitive that prices have been driven down considerably. A quick google search showed numerous suppliers in the UK, and crikey what a variety - different choices of lanyard material, numerous different printing techniques (with the usual durability vs price implications), choice of what type of fitting goes on the end, different types of safety breaks, with or without buckles.... who'da thought there could be so much variety?!