New Guests please at Hub 3

Avengers7

I still say Matt Doman/Domen (I cant remember how to spell his name)... I still havent worked out if he's in series 1/2 Torchwood or if he's gonna be in Torchwood series 3, ok, its only a speaking part, but if Showmasters can get 2 people that was in it for 2 seconds, then surely Matt Doman/Domen

Here's another wanting Freema! She has done the TV and the radio versions of Torchwood so she deserves to be treated as a viable cast member - even more so than say Indira Varma (who I ALSO want to meet) but Martha as a character is someone that spans two series Torchwood and Doctor Who and thus is of WAY more interest to me and I feel that if I don't say we want her then people will say "nobody said they wanted Freema" so here I am!

Indira, was part of the team and Freema was only a guest.

• 2 weeks later...

I still say Matt Doman/Domen (I cant remember how to spell his name)... I still havent worked out if he's in series 1/2 Torchwood or if he's gonna be in Torchwood series 3, ok, its only a speaking part, but if Showmasters can get 2 people that was in it for 2 seconds, then surely Matt Doman/Domen

He's in series 3.

• 1 month later...

Here's another wanting Freema! She has done the TV and the radio versions of Torchwood so she deserves to be treated as a viable cast member - even more so than say Indira Varma (who I ALSO want to meet) but Martha as a character is someone that spans two series Torchwood and Doctor Who and thus is of WAY more interest to me and I feel that if I don't say we want her then people will say "nobody said they wanted Freema" so here I am!

Indira, was part of the team and Freema was only a guest.

I'd hardly call Freema a guest, she was in 3 episodes, Indira was only in 2.

• 2 weeks later...
:smile: As someone who has attended all the Hub conventions so far it would be great to have a new line up of Guests for us Torchwood fans, at Badwolf we have met Matt Ryan (Torchwood episode- Meat) Murray Melvin (Billis manger) Amy Manson and Heather Craney (Fragments) and Own Teale (Countrycide) but they have never been invited to a Torchwood Convention were they belong. They were great on there stage talks and very approchable to all there Fans and Murray Melvin was superb, So how about bring these Guests to Hub3 i would certainly love to see them all again, and it is keeping Torchwood Conventions Fresh and not becoming stale just having the same Guests all the Time which is now becoming a little boring. I know everyone likes the main cast from Torchwood but i felt at Hub2 they were being asked the same questions as Hub1, and i can see that happening at Hub3 which will probably have lots of Baby talk involved with Eve and Kia both becoming parents. So lets hear it for some new Guests just so we can meet some new people,what do you think? :unsure::unsure:

and i can see that happening at Hub3 which will probably have lots of Baby talk involved with Eve and Kia both becoming parents. So lets hear it for some new Guests just so we can meet some new people,what do you think?

I think the chances of a heavily pregnant Eve or about to become a father Kai being at the Hub 3 are slim to non-existant!

Besides we have lots of lovely new guests - Daniela Denby Ashe for a start!

Personally I'd like a mix of old and new guests. I understand what people are saying having been to the previous Hubs, but without main cast (lots of whom have been at previous ones) I don't think it would be as good from a guest point of view, as it would turn to a supporting artist con not a mainly Torchwood one in my opinion as the team (and their associates) is the main focus of the programme. I'd love there to be main cast, espeically main cast and Torchwood team members, even if they've been before. And with Kai and Eve probably not coming due to having babies, and JB probably only coming for 1 day due to La Cage, that effectively strikes off 3 main cast members.

This will be my first Hub, but by the time it comes round I will/should have met Gareth, Burn, Naoko and Eve - but that doesn't mean I don't want to see them again. I'd love to meet new people - but I really think there needs to be a balance for those who have been before and those that haven't. And especially as it'll be post CoE there'll be plenty of new things to talk to the main cast about.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I think it's fantastic we have guests other than main cast lined up - I can't wait to meet Daniela! I just think there needs to be a balance to attempt to keep everyone happy (as impossible as that may be).

Edited by lizzy88

• 2 weeks later...

I find that the writers are always really interesting and having met James Moran today at Utopia I would like him please. He wrote Sleeper and some of Children of Earth. He didn't know about The Hub but seemed interested. He's a lovely guy.

I'm happy with people from any of the series, just give us more guests lol

And Freema deserves to be there as much as John deserves to be at a DW con. They are both characters from both and so have people from both fandoms wanting to meet them.

And besides, this isnt a 'children of earth' con, its a 'torchwood' con. So that covers all three series and the radio plays. So ANYONE from ANY aspect of 'Torchwood' is welcome in my books.

:unsure: