We need Freema at Hub3

Avengers7

I too feel that Freema would be better suited to a Doctor Who Con. I would also feel that, for instance, James Marsters would be better at A Buffy Con, and before I get jumped on, I am actaully a James Marsters fan!

I would rather have any of the guests from the Hub, and Hub2 (save for Sara Lloyd from the Hub and Grumpy from Hub2), back at Hub 3 than either Freema or James. Would I talk to James and Freema if they were at Hub 3, yes, because it's not a question of not wanting to see them, or liking them, just feeling that they would be better at other Cons.

No I diagree strongly - We need Freema at the Hub, Sara Lloyd was also an excellent guest.

Whose Grumpy?

And you're perfectly entitled to disagree, just as I am. That's whats so great about these forums and fandom in general. We're all different and have our own preferences, would be boring if we were all the same. My opinions about Freema, James, and Sara, are just that, my opinions.

I found Sara fine at the autos, but she spoilt that by being rather childish during the talks, in my opinion.

Grumpy was Roderic Culver, at one point I think it was Gareth, but it could have been Tom, asked him if he really needed to be there. When Roderic replied, "no", he was asked "Why the F*** are you still here then?"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love the chance to meet Freema at the Hub 3. I am only stating this fact because if people don't then some people on these forums suggest that NOBODY wanted the particular guest to attend. I have wanted to meet Freema from day one on Doctor Who and was delighted she was in the TV show AND the radio show of Torchwood. She has a place in Torchwood's pantheon and I really would like to meet her.

I too feel that Freema would be better suited to a Doctor Who Con. I would also feel that, for instance, James Marsters would be better at A Buffy Con, and before I get jumped on, I am actaully a James Marsters fan!

I would rather have any of the guests from the Hub, and Hub2 (save for Sara Lloyd from the Hub and Grumpy from Hub2), back at Hub 3 than either Freema or James. Would I talk to James and Freema if they were at Hub 3, yes, because it's not a question of not wanting to see them, or liking them, just feeling that they would be better at other Cons.

No I diagree strongly - We need Freema at the Hub, Sara Lloyd was also an excellent guest.

Whose Grumpy?

And you're perfectly entitled to disagree, just as I am. That's whats so great about these forums and fandom in general. We're all different and have our own preferences, would be boring if we were all the same. My opinions about Freema, James, and Sara, are just that, my opinions.

I found Sara fine at the autos, but she spoilt that by being rather childish during the talks, in my opinion.

Grumpy was Roderic Culver, at one point I think it was Gareth, but it could have been Tom, asked him if he really needed to be there. When Roderic replied, "no", he was asked "Why the F*** are you still here then?"

:wub:

Actually missed the last talk as I had to be gone by 11.30 - he didn't seem very happy when he was signing autos either.

Whose Grumpy?

:wub:

Actually missed the last talk as I had to be gone by 11.30 - he didn't seem very happy when he was signing autos either.

Oh that's a shame, Burn came on stage for a few minutes of the last talk, but had to leave part way through. Everyone in the last talk, save for Roderic, seemed to really enjoy themselves, even the actress (Siobhan Hewlett) who was in the same single episode of Torchwood as Roderic!

Roderic also chewed gum, loudly into the mic, all the way through the last talk! He's from an acting family, he has to know how bad that sounds.

I'd like to meet Freema. One day.

But not at the expense of meeting others more involved in the TW world. For the price it would cost to have her there, we could probably have two other guests - maybe a writer and another minor actor, or someone like Ben Foster.

Black sheep, here.

I'm sure that Freema's lovely, and I'd love to meet her someday, but I always feel a bit awkward about her appearances in Torchwood, as Martha was rather shoehorned in and (I thought) interfered with, rather than enhanced, the TW storylines. Since she plays a DW character and people can potentially meet her at DW conventions and other signing events, she's not near the top of my wish list for The Hub [x] when there are so many other brilliant possibilities of guests who are so much more integral to Torchwood.

Well I really dont care - Freema was in Torchwood and was an excellnet addition. I would love her to attend and if she did I'm sure you wouldnt turn down the chance of meeting her!!!!!

Never said I would. ;)

I agree Freema was wrong in TW and would be better kept for a DW con. Just my opinion. (Burn felt the dynamic between Martha and Owen was not well written and that she was rather shoe horned into TW and I do agree with that. No reflection on the actress more on the writing I guess).

I think that's more RTD's fault then the writer because I heard there was something like 3/4 drafts before he decided he wanted her in the episode so instead of losing all that work they had to find ways of adding her into the episode which doesn't work and re-watching Reset on Watch last night the scene I really hated her in was when she asked Ianto about Jack. Her head nod was not are you in a relationship rather are you 2 shagging, for me that's worst then Owen telling Ianto he was a part time shag because he's changed tunes seeing them together and plus he was doing it out of pain.

As for DMW and DID she was sidelined barely a presence its almost as if she shoe horned in and pushed to the forefront only to be pushed back again first by the ghost of Rose in DW and now by Owen.

I don't even like her in Lost Souls, she was being manipulated into the team's bleeding heart, which is/was Gwen's role.

I'm sorry to say I'd rather have someone who made a smaller contribution like Caroline, then Freema.

Actually if i could swap with another attendee her photo/auto stubs for someone like say John I'd do it without blinking.

• 3 months later...

Ooh, yes, I'd love for Freema to attend. She was fantastic in Torchwood and I love her part as Martha in Doctor Who too. She'd be a fantastic guest, pretty please can you ask her Massive Events? Wow, if she was announced, that really would be superb. John, James and Freema. Wow, I think I'd probably faint at the sight of those three. :thumbup:

Edited by Doctor Who

Freeema would make a great guest. Not sue if shes ever done a convention before.

As far as I'm aware, she hasn't done any since her appearance in Doctor Who as Martha Jones. She did a signing with David Tennant in London's HMV store to promote the series three box set but that's all I've heard of her doing as she's a very busy lady. I'd love for her to come to The Hub 3, she'd be a fantastic guest and I remember reading in an interview that she'd love to do conventions and used to go to some when she was younger dressed up as a character from Star Trek. :D

Freema's not really a part of the Torchwood team.

She was in 3 episodes and they were slightly dull... barely in 3, that is.

Yeh exactly. Not really part of the team. They should have done more with her that push her into the background when she was supposed to be guest starring!

Freema's a nice girl but her appearance on Torchwood was horribly shoehorned in for no real reason and her appearance interrupted the entire flow of the second series and the team dynamic. Plus for me she's not actually part of the Torchwood team and never was.

I'd rather have some of the Children of Earth guest stars (Peter Capaldi!) or Indira Varma.

Freema is far more suited for a Doctor Who convention.

Freema's a nice girl but her appearance on Torchwood was horribly shoehorned in for no real reason and her appearance interrupted the entire flow of the second series and the team dynamic. Plus for me she's not actually part of the Torchwood team and never was.

I'd rather have some of the Children of Earth guest stars (Peter Capaldi!) or Indira Varma.

Freema is far more suited for a Doctor Who convention.

I confess I agree with this and I actually thought it did down Owen a bit as well as interfering with a team dynamic which had been starting to flourish.

How come everyone is saying its eitehr Freema or someone?

If ME can get Freema as well as other TW people they will. No one except you guys on here are putting that 'Either...or....' ultimatum out there.

They dont have a set number of big and small guests they can get, it just all depends on what they have to pay and who can do the weekend.

And like her appearence in TW or not, she WAS in it, and returned in the audio play, and then was referenced in CoE. She IS a part of the Torch-dom no matter if it was 'shoehorned' or not.

And besides, you'd be getting her autograph for free anyway (unless she was sponsored like James), and gold and silver would be getting the photoshoots for free.

If she was a sponsored guest, well thats even better for people who dont want her there, as they dont have to get her if they dont want to.

How come everyone is saying its eitehr Freema or someone?

If ME can get Freema as well as other TW people they will. No one except you guys on here are putting that 'Either...or....' ultimatum out there.

They dont have a set number of big and small guests they can get, it just all depends on what they have to pay and who can do the weekend.

And like her appearence in TW or not, she WAS in it, and returned in the audio play, and then was referenced in CoE. She IS a part of the Torch-dom no matter if it was 'shoehorned' or not.

And besides, you'd be getting her autograph for free anyway (unless she was sponsored like James), and gold and silver would be getting the photoshoots for free.

If she was a sponsored guest, well thats even better for people who dont want her there, as they dont have to get her if they dont want to.

Here, here. I totally agree with everything you've said. Massive Events have brought us some excellent guests so far and I'm sure if Freema was available (I hope she is :unsure: ), she will be most welcome.

She was a member of the Torchwood team as well as Indira. Both would be welcome.