When will new guests be announced?

sbuffy

Where are the A Guest ? I'm sorry but Izabella Miko or Megan Udall aren't great guest... :uhoh:

when I say great guests, I think of actors striking film or series and not an actor you see 15 seconds on the screen. No disrespect or anything, I sincerely ask myself questions about the future. To date, I come from France for two guests and it is too little. I believe every Collectormania ago 30/40 and guests, they can be counted on the hand, to 5 weeks of the show and there is not enough or too little significant guests.

Where are the great were announced on posters at Collectormania 14. He had said: More Guests, More and More and More ?

I'll hope great guests for this show and not just the players that we will never see on the screen or have half a scene in a movie ...

:help:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

No one can guarantee "A-list" guests - and even then, as we've seen, people have different interpretations of that.

They just want people to know that the move allows for such guests to be approached, when they couldn't in the shopping centre in recent times.

They'll certainly try, but I'm sure they take a lot more work.

In fairness I don't think many people would consider the two most recent announcements 'big guests'. But as I've always said it's about being realistic. With that in mind, and to be brutally honest, it's 5 weeks to go and I think at this stage people need to set their expectations accordingly. I feel sure that we'll see some more guests, but there's a limited amount of time to the event.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - have SM ever tried approaching music related guests?

MusicMania was an epic failure, sure, but the guest list didn't exactly help matters. Aside from Blaze Bayley, there was an extreme lack of credibility - the focus was completely on the wrong type of guests. If a guest turns up at something like the London International Music Show they get mobbed. There's no Autograph show for music guests in the UK, and by avoiding execrable 90s boybands and focusing on legends like Alice Cooper et al (just an example of someone who does this sort of event) I really believe it could augment an event like CM...

Edited by MikeDonovan

I have to admit I've been a bit worried at the lack of guests attending, but usually Showmasters rarely disappoints. Hopefully more guests will be added on in the coming weeks. I'm still going regardless of the amount of guests, I love the atmosphere and the trading card stalls as well.

Regard less of the number of guest's - I will always attend, as lack of support for the event - would degrade future events.

If Amanda Tapping is present , and there is a poor show of fans, word gets back to the Film and Television community, and the number of guests saying yes to another SM/ME convention goes down....

So even if it is 10 Good guest's - Its still worth the travelling time from the south coast, just to see the A List that has already said yes....

SM / ME have not let us down yet - and we will not let them down either.

:o

No one can guarantee "A-list" guests - and even then, as we've seen, people have different interpretations of that.

They just want people to know that the move allows for such guests to be approached, when they couldn't in the shopping centre in recent times.

They'll certainly try, but I'm sure they take a lot more work.

I do not disagree with your sentiments but no doubt you agree that it may have beem unwise for the organiser to make such bold or ambiguous claims about this show (“now we can put whoever we want into this new venue with out restrictionsâ€).

As for this show still plenty of time for announcements

• Moderators

It can be risky yeah, but it often happens. The organisers just gets enthusiastic and I suppose they have high hopes for the event.

I've always taken the bold statements in context, and never got my hopes up too much because I know how things can change easily.

Can't really blame them for not putting something like "we'll have a moderate amount of bit-parters at this event, yay!" :unsure:

• Showmasters Admin

I do not disagree with your sentiments but no doubt you agree that it may have beem unwise for the organiser to make such bold or ambiguous claims about this show (“now we can put whoever we want into this new venue with out restrictionsâ€).

As for this show still plenty of time for announcements

The statement actually still stands true. SM can "now put whoever they want into this new venue with out restrictions". The statement says they "can" not that they will.

In this current climate can anyone really blame them for not risking their business on one event, would you?

I see that statement as being about the future of the MK shows, not necessarily specifically C15. At no point did SM guarantee or promise a huge number of A list guests at C15 just that the new venue was capable of accommodating them. It was to say, "yes we are having to leave the MK centre but it's not all bad, we can expand more at the new venue!". It didn't say the expansion would be over night.

Moving wasn't something they wanted to do, so they looked at minimizing the impact on this show by explaining what is now possible and that the move can be a good thing. People never like change, I don't think anyone can blame them for wanting to put a positive spin on the transition to the new venue.

Edited by Too Tall

Regard less of the number of guest's - I will always attend, as lack of support for the event - would degrade future events.
Attending is one thing but your prescense doesnt register unless you buy a sig or entry ticket. This event is free. Edited by nicky

• Showmasters Admin

ok we get post like this EVERY TIME and they are boring sorry they are and serve no perpuss at all

it will not push me to get more or bigger guest as i have already decided to get many good guests and have put out many offers to lots of guest so topic like this do nothing to change the out come of the event

we what for the reply's from the agents and as we get conformations we put up the guests its simple it takes time and some of the big names do not conform till much closer to the event its the luck of the draw

we have comited a large amount of money in the offers we have put out and we have had a good responce back so all looks very good

now i am going to close this topic as really its a wast of every ones time and if you can be bothered to look at the past posts like this in last years LFCC and the year before that there are posts just like this one with some of the same posters in it and by now you would have thought you would have realised the guest list is only final on the day of the show and starting posts like this is a wast of everyones time

more guest announcements on there way soon :(

jason