bella/kristen lovers unite

Edwardsbackupgirl

Please, for the love of god and all that is twilight....... bella/kristen lovers please... show yourselves!

i'm sick of girls digging at Kristen for something she did/didnt say/do in interviews and thinking shes stuck up or doesnt care.

do people not realise that the media DO take conversations out of context? does anyone realise that if an actress is quiet or looking uncomfortable in an interview MIGHT ACTUALLY mean that that person is embarrassed and doesnt really like the attention NOT that they think they are above the whole situation.

how come Kristen gets slagged off for looking bored and stuff but Rob doesnt, and he often looks even more uncomfortable and nervous and bored than what Kristen does? i really cannot understand peoples fascination in being rude about kristen.

and for those that say it ISNT jealousy.... i say for a lot of girls... it is. fair enough, not all, but most it is. because frankly, kristen hasnt said or done anything to offend anyone individually. its her opinion to her work for whatever she does, and half the time what she says comes out differently in a written interview rather than in spoken.

and after all, it is only a job, they dont have to be as involved as what we are.

kristen may not be the best actress, but she doesnt deserve all this hate.

there... thats my rant over with :D

please show yourselves!!!

Love her :thumbup: The fact that she isn't just some little puppet and really says what she thinks just makes me respect her more. I personally think she gave the most assured performance of the whole cast in Twilight - I get that her acting style isn't everyone's taste though. She is very naturalistic, with the stumbling over words and stuff, which I know irritated a lot of people.

Plus she has great taste in shoes.

Kristen is not Bella. She is Kristen. She has been given a script and has a director in her ear telling her exactly how to act / do the part. It may not be perfect to the book, but that may not be her fault entirely- there is a fair amount of stuff in the book that has been tweaked for the movie.

She is a bit older now doing New Moon, and more experienced, so should therefore give a better performance.

99% of us on here have never met the girl, and I'd say 100% of us don't know her, so it is so mean for people to cast judgement, and it is disgusting that they boo-ed her at ET. Could any of them have acted in a movie as a main part at such a young age??

Kristen and Rob are not the characters, they are actors who portray them, so they should be allowed to be themselves. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in the next movie!

Love her :( The fact that she isn't just some little puppet and really says what she thinks just makes me respect her more. I personally think she gave the most assured performance of the whole cast in Twilight - I get that her acting style isn't everyone's taste though. She is very naturalistic, with the stumbling over words and stuff, which I know irritated a lot of people.

I agree. It's so refreshing to have 2 lead actors in a movie that say that the hell they want, rather than spout some production company blurb. Her comments about Chris Weitz were probably what everyone felt, but didn't have the guts to say.

Plus she has great taste in shoes.

Reason enough to love anyone :D

The booing at ET was so embarrassing and unnecessary. :thumbup: Jealousy is not a nice personality trait.

Edited by Betty

Kristen is not Bella. She is Kristen. She has been given a script and has a director in her ear telling her exactly how to act / do the part. It may not be perfect to the book, but that may not be her fault entirely- there is a fair amount of stuff in the book that has been tweaked for the movie.

She is a bit older now doing New Moon, and more experienced, so should therefore give a better performance.

99% of us on here have never met the girl, and I'd say 100% of us don't know her, so it is so mean for people to cast judgement, and it is disgusting that they boo-ed her at ET. Could any of them have acted in a movie as a main part at such a young age??

Kristen and Rob are not the characters, they are actors who portray them, so they should be allowed to be themselves. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in the next movie!

Here, Here! :thumbup: im glad there are people that agree with me.

Maybe some people just don't like her acting style? I dislike her as Bella, but I'm not jealous of her. I think the assumption that everyone who dislikes Kristen has misjudged her or is jealous of her is just ignoring the fact that some people just didn't like her as Bella.

She signed up for this part in twilight, and when she did that she also signed up for criticism. Not everyone is going to like her, and the fact that she has said things that could be percieved as rude isn't really helping her case.

:D

I agree with you !

I love Kristen too, and I really don't understand how people can't get what you've explained.

She is a really great actress, and was great as Bella in Twilight. I'm sure she will be as great in the other movies of the saga.

I don't get the whole boo Kristen either. I thought she was a very good Bella and i also think that a lot of the things she says in the interviews are very interesting. She just seems to me like she's trying to really think about her answers and say the right thing and what she really thinks rather than that she is un-interested.

xox

Love her! I guess people are jealous that she is bella and they arnt! I think she did a good job and i loved her in Into the Wild, one of my fav films. She is young and very indie for lack of a better word, i can only imagine the success is incredible overwhelming. Plus she is very pretty XD

personally i don't love her or hate her, i think she's & very talented actress, which she must have been or she wouldn't have been picked to play the role of Bella. there was an interview with stephenie meyer i think saying how much chemistry they had, and thats what the whole books about, you really do get pulled into by their onscreen chemistry, if they'd cast other people it wouldn't have worked, Kristen plays Bella in a way some people don't like but the directors give her a script and she improvises, & thats how Bella is, there were some bits i didn't think were perfect, but i do think she did an amazing job portraying Bella. and people have to either start liking her, or keep their comments to themselfs especially when theres hopefully gonna be another 3 movies!!

i definitely agree with you kathryn, i love kristen, and i don't care what she did/didn't say. if she did say it though... i think that was incredibly stupid. surely she realises how precious twilight fans are about the books? whatever. it doesn't change my opinion that she's an awesome actress! and despite the shyness she seems like an awesome person too!

I love Kristen - I think she is the perfect Bella.

Practically everything people crit her for has been a quote taken out of context - like the whole "I didn't read the other books" thing everyone was so argh about - actually what she said was "she didn't read the books cos it would be too painful for her if she didn't get re-cast."

I always think she gives thoughtful and deep answers that are just her in interviews - she isn't false.

I would love to meet her - so let's hope for her for ET2!:D

Edited by Emelso

i really agree with what your saying

i think many girls are just jealous that shes kissing rob hahah

i think shes a brilliant actress- has anyone seen the messengers? thats really good!

i like bella too! except she does slightly annoy me in new moon when edward leaves, i know its edward but stop crying and moaning haha but i can see where she comes from- it is edward :smile:

Q: Since the Nylon interview came out, do you feel like you’re playing with fire when you talk about the Twilight fans?

KRISTEN STEWART: No, because I love the Twilight fans. I have literally never said anything remotely negative about them. You have to stay away from certain key words that can be twisted into a negative connotation, like the word ‘psychotic’ apparently is really bad. I don’t understand why. I mean, I feel like it’s a really humble position to take that it’s not normal to find yourself in a situation where there are 5,000 screaming girls and you’re literally like fodder. I feel like that’s not normal and it’s not something I should just say, “Oh yeah, it’s really cool. I love ‘em.†I feel like everything that I said in that Nylon interview, if you actually read the whole thing, was very honest and genuine and talking about something that I am so immersed in and have absolutely no control

See i knew i loved her!! She even says that the words she uses, stem from completely different meanings that the fans give them!

I think she's brilliant. Most of the people who don't like her only dislike her because

a) she gets to play Bella

:o she gets to kiss Rob

c) she's pretty

d) she's a bit shy

e) she's been completely misquoted!!

She's down to earth, and a normal person...she obviously is acting for the job, not the fame, and what's wrong with that. More 'a-listers' should be like that!

Maybe some people just don't like her acting style? I dislike her as Bella, but I'm not jealous of her. I think the assumption that everyone who dislikes Kristen has misjudged her or is jealous of her is just ignoring the fact that some people just didn't like her as Bella.

She signed up for this part in twilight, and when she did that she also signed up for criticism. Not everyone is going to like her, and the fact that she has said things that could be percieved as rude isn't really helping her case.

I agree with you...I don't *hate* her and I'm certainly not jealous of her. I just think sometimes she comes across/says things that could be percieved as quite rude in interviews. I know Robert is also uncomfortable with the whole media/fan frenzy that they've been pushed into but I've never seen him come across as rude in interviews either.

Kristen truly is one of the most talented actresses of our generation. I first saw her in Speak, a small budget film based off of the novel by the same name. She was phenomenal in that film. At only 13, she was able to take on this incredibly complex and emotional role, and she did it so well! So when Kristen was cast as Bella, I knew things were going to be ok with the film.

I hate how she gets misquoted by tabloid journalists to stir up an audience. It's so ridiculous! I feel really bad for her too. I mean, she gets criticised for her interviews, but in all reality, she's just shy! If you watch her other interviews, you can clearly tell that. And with Twilight, I can imagine that she'd be hesitant to say anything at all because she knows that this fanbase is going to pick apart every single word she says. Not everyone will be happy with her as an actress ever, which is understandable, but especially with this role that so many girls see themselves in. It's a desirable role to take on in our heads, and having somebody chosen as the "official" Bella...well, girls get jealous. It's all just so stupid though.

Personally, I could see Kristen being nominated for an Academy Award in the next five years. Thats my official prediction. She's got a beautiful film coming out over the next year called "Welcome to the Rileys". I've read the script, and it's just such a different role from what she's done before. The script itself made me cry...I can't imagine what I'll be like in the cinema! Anyway, look out for it! And obviously she's got "Adventureland" coming out as well, which looks hysterical!

This is Kristen's time to shine. She's going to go places.

i really agree with what your saying

i think many girls are just jealous that shes kissing rob hahah

i think shes a brilliant actress- has anyone seen the messengers? thats really good!

i like bella too! except she does slightly annoy me in new moon when edward leaves, i know its edward but stop crying and moaning haha but i can see where she comes from- it is edward :o

sorry really hated that movie the pang brothers are great it was a bad idea to come to holywood

Kristen truly is one of the most talented actresses of our generation. I first saw her in Speak, a small budget film based off of the novel by the same name. She was phenomenal in that film. At only 13, she was able to take on this incredibly complex and emotional role, and she did it so well! So when Kristen was cast as Bella, I knew things were going to be ok with the film.

I love that film.

Personally, I could see Kristen being nominated for an Academy Award in the next five years. Thats my official prediction.

I said the same thing the other day. I think she's incredible.

• Moderators

To be honest she was a lot better than I expected her to be, based on the criticisms I'd read about her.

I really believed the performance, which is often not the case in movies. She had the presence to carry the character and the movie, and I actually felt like I understood the character because of how she was. It wasn't a case of someone out of their depth, she genuinely had something about her that made sense.

I realise she's not going to be for everyone, especially those who have such high expectations and personal visions beforehand, but for me she was actually one of the strongest performances.