People You Fancy & repeated stars

KAT

Ooo, I haven't posted in a while :o

Anyway, with 30 guest stars at Collectormania, I think there's room for fit guests, returning guests AND new guests. Why not please everyone?! :D

I kinda think it's important to bring guests who will make lots of money, though. Right now Lord of the Rings springs to mind! :lol::blink::wub:

whats your problem? people want to see people they like and its their own prerogative why they like that "star". why is it weird that they should want them to come more than once? They're getting payed every one is cool.. why start this?

I'm afraid I don't see anything wrong with people asking for guests they think is fit. It it one of the things that gets people going to Collectormania in the first place. I am sure if there was some guest you thought was fit, you would like to meet them too.

Showmasters have always had at least 30 guests, so in y opinion there is always something there to please everyone one way or another. As for the same people coming back, so what if they do. Its nice to see some familiar faces, I missed Sala Baker at C3 so was chuffed I got to meet him at C4. As for someone like Billy Boyd, well I'm sorry but I think he is hilarious, tells good staories and because of that its great for him to come back and share some new stories with us.

I think your just being nit picking, but each to their own huns

xXx

As for someone like Billy Boyd, well I'm sorry but I think he is hilarious, tells good staories and because of that its great for him to come back and share some new stories with us.

and hes fit!!! :D

ok thats prolly not helping matters.... :angel::lol:

i loved meeting billy...tho i thought he'd only been once before...at c3 :lol:

I know its each to their own and I understand that people should get to see who they want to see and it is a good idea to get some people back that may have been missed.

Im just saying that it seems to be turning into something for screaming girls (and boys). Plus there are very few proper collectables at collectormania.

Its all new stuff.

I do realise my first message was a bit harsh.

But am I not right about the annoying screaming girls?

They are the ones who want Elijah Wood and Billy Boyd back.

And also I realise NOT all the fans are screaming girls.

whats your problem? people want to see people they like and its their own prerogative why they like that "star". why is it weird that they should want them to come more than once? They're getting payed every one is cool.. why start this?

I think I just said what my problem was.

Why are YOU making into something its not?

I just mentioned it as something that I thought was a bit annoying.

Plus from what I can tell nobody noticed how badly collectormania 4 went.

Yeah their were good stars there and they did really well with pretty much everything but I wish they would move the location.

Its going to get dangerous holding it there.

What would of happened if there was a fire?

Thats why im apprehensive of all these big stars!

Anyway, it was a stupid remark that was in my head and I decided to mention it on the board.

Im pretty sure im not the first person to write rubbish on this board.

*Shrugs*

Just my opinion, buuut, just because a guest has been before, doesn't mean the person requesting them has met them. E.g. Corin Nemec went in May this year, but due to exams, I couldn't go, and I really want to meet him. Fortunately, he is going next year, and I'll get to meet him. *Giggles* He's also cute. :D

Lots of hugs 'n' bugs,

Jeni (and the mysterious rubber chicken called Scorpius)

• 4 weeks later...
I've noticed that a large percentage of people seem to be choosing guests they would like to come to collectormania because they think they are 'fit'.

I also think its a bit weird that some of you want people that have been to collectormania at least two times before and sometimes even three times before to come back again.

I realise that alot of people missed them before. But Billy Boyd has been there twice already can we not think about getting someone new instead?

Katie

I personally collect signatures from people/ actors whose performance/work I enjoyed, that's more or less it, the physical appearance of a guest has really nothing to do with it. Each to their own I suppose, but I think I get what you mean... :o

How many times have I seen these posts?

They never achieve anything and it just ends up clogging up the forum some more. It goes against the nature of the audience that post here.

I think everybody should be allowed to give their suggestions.

I didn't think I was right or wrong. Its just what I personally think is going on with some people on here.

I only mean it would be nice to make sure we have a few new faces as well.

Somebody suggested that they should spread the LOTR stars out and have a couple at collectormania 5 and a couple at collectormania 6.

People who genuinely want the autographs because they love the films

will surely not mind waiting a few months to get some other autographs.

It seems that anybody who trys to suggest anything or makes any comments or suggestions about something they thought could of been organised a little better, is made out to be some kind of nitpicker who is just moaning.

Which I dont think is fair. Showmasters need feedback on the shows so they can see where they need work.

I loved the first three collectormania shows, there was a nice relaxed atmosphere and all the helpers were lovely etc.

I just thought collectormania 4 was very big, I mean well done for getting all the big stars but it was hectic.

Katie

How many times have I seen these posts?

They never achieve anything and it just ends up clogging up the forum some more. It goes against the nature of the audience that post here.

Plus if you have seen so many of these posts

Maybe there is a reason.

Edited by KAT

I have read all these posts so here's my thoughts on the whole thing.

I agree in the fact that (EXAMPLE) people are asking for Harry Potter stars who were at the last Collectormania and I would say that wouldn't it be better to have different Harry Potter stars for the people (like myself and some of the rest of you) who went to MK in Oct.?!

On the other hand, some people missed out and that's fair enough, but don't bring them to the next one, like some one said, maybe the one after.

I missed meeting Elijah because there were too many peeps, but Collectormania will prob bring him back at some point because he was so popular and I am prepared to wait, as it is worth waiting for! and not mind if it's c5, c6 or even next year!

Billy Boyd hasn't been there since c3 (last May) - you can't count c4 because he wasn't officially there!

It's good that people are talking bout this - it shows Showmasters people's thoughts and opinions and lets people debate it in a civilsed manner, heh

what I will say is annoying though is when users on the "list your demands for c5 here" suggest the same person over and over and over again. This one person asked for the (HP star who plays "Riddle") who was there last time about 20times, which is why there are 25 bloody pages on that topic!!

phew ok, what does everyone think?

xx

well to eliminate this you'll either have to cut out all the so called "good looking" lotr stars or the ones with the most screaming fangirlies - and its not on anyone to do either. let it be. if there are too many, you can always whack them.

I don't really want to get involved in the 'repeated guests' argument, because it's been chewed over so many times in so many threads before.

What I would like to say though, is that people like Elijah, Dom etc have plenty of fans who don't belong to the 'screaming fangirlies' brigade (also been pointed out a million times before).

More importantly I really feel that the whole thing about girls having histerics is being a little bit over exaggerated. Apart from the fact that I didn't think it was as bad as some people make out, I also feel a little bit sorry for everybody having a go at these fans, because they got a little bit, shall we say 'over-emotional'. OK, I suppose it can get a little bit noisy but no real harm is being done, so why don't we go a little bit easier on them. :wub:

I don't really want to get involved in the 'repeated guests' argument, because it's been chewed over so many times in so many threads before.

What I would like to say though, is that people like Elijah, Dom etc have plenty of fans who don't belong to the 'screaming fangirlies' brigade (also been pointed out a million times before).

More importantly I really feel that the whole thing about girls having histerics is being a little bit over exaggerated. Apart from the fact that I didn't think it was as bad as some people make out, I also feel a little bit sorry for everybody having a go at these fans, because they got a little bit, shall we say 'over-emotional'. OK, I suppose it can get a little bit noisy but no real harm is being done, so why don't we go a little bit easier on them. :D

I know most of them are lovely people.

But was I the only person who saw all those people rush at Elijah Wood and knock a pram with a tiny baby over, then still carry on climbing over the debris?!?!?!