Costume Progress

carnosoul

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming-to-America-em13.jpg

"A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad Ali, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!"

"His mamma call him Clay, imma call him Clay."

My favoritest film ever :)

Coming-to-America-em13.jpg

"A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad Ali, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!"

"His mamma call him Clay, imma call him Clay."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......................... You're Majesty!

Rare on topic posts... but I have a sewing machine in my posession. I may end up making some nuBSG outfits if I have the time and money to find the right material.

I did some mods to a nuTrek outfit to make the store bought version more accurate. Still way too baggy though and I may need to tighten it up.

Still way too baggy though and I may need to tighten it up.

what-she-said-lg.gif

We're talking about a Trek shirt, not Mrs Lashley.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

You'll find out soon enough...

...how soon? :P

Having a sewing machine in my posession is really not good for me. I've started to look for new projects. I have the nuBSG stuff, my own designs and costumes, I'm tempted to use it as an excuse to fix up the Trek gear, make new Trek gear, sew myself a new kitten...

It's unhealthy.

Having a sewing machine in my posession is really not good for me. I've started to look for new projects. I have the nuBSG stuff, my own designs and costumes, I'm tempted to use it as an excuse to fix up the Trek gear, make new Trek gear, sew myself a new kitten...

It's unhealthy.

What's unhealthy is your new found obsession for kittens :P

I'm going to test myself with that SKR outfit I have up on the site just now. If that and the BSG outfits work out then I'm planning to make the old officers tunic and try my hand at a few others.

I haven't made anything for a while (the last was a kilt I lost working in England) - I need to make sure I can still do it first.

As soon as you start looking for that damn material... Not easy, definitely not cheap.

I had a screen accurate BSG flightsuit, took me ages to get hold of it, and it was just a touch small for me :P

We found a good flight suit on eBay... but obviously they don't come cheap. I'm happy to settle for an approximate material for the day uniform and know of a huge store with really good pricing.

I was hoping to try and get it done for Ravenshayde by CG, but haven't given myself a lot of time.

Costumebase on eBay does great SW and ST costumes - TWOK, TOS, Enterprise, X-Wing, ANH and TESB Han, Imperial Officer and others. Lotsa good stuff.

I quite like their TOS stuff, so few people do a point in the collar and they thankfully do, but wasn't keen on their TNG stuff. I know I'm picky - but the torso is too long.

We found a good flight suit on eBay... but obviously they don't come cheap.

I got my Ghostbusters flight suit on eBay. Cheap too. Obviously, it's a more common design than the nuBSG flight suit, though.

If anyone's interested, there's a pic RIGHTCHERE.

I want the nuBSG flight suit and I WILL pay that for it. And most likely do EVERYTHING in it :D