West End & Theatre performers event

spanielears

What about an event to include West End performers such as John Barrowman, Daniel Boys, Ben Ellis, and actors who have done theatre shows - actually many of whom have also done tv.

Be nice to have it in the centre of the country too so everyone has access to attend if one could be done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great idea. So many sci fi cons it would be nice to go to something diff.

The number of well known musical theatre actors/actresses is vast both here and the states.

It could be a great family cob too if you look at the youngsters musicals such as hannah montanna and high school musical.

Imagine the party themes and costumes.

Musicals are huge at the moment so think Showmasters should give it some serious thought.

Now, this is a great idea!!!!!

Myself and my mates love musical theatre and go to lots of Stage Doors etc and the actors are all sooooo lovely!! :)

It will also be very profitable for SM's too - believe me you get Kerry Ellis or Michael Ball to an event like this, as long as it was advertised properly then the queues would be never ending!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another organiser is doing a Wicked event this year. I imagine if that does well there may be a chance of other organisers doing theatre-related events.

There's a Wicked event every year.

I would happily take part in this, and very happily help out as long as it doesn't just revolve around Kerry Ellis and have just her fans. THat would get very tedious VERY quickly.

I don't know how well this would fair though with there being events like West End Live which are free and they actually perform. Also it would be hard to get people from the same show based on taking time off. The Sunday would have MANY more guests.

Charlo

Daniel is in Avenue Q at the moment!!!!

My fave Joseph was Lee but I also liked Ben who is in Hairspray at the moment!!!

Did anyone attend West End Live this last weekend - OMG it was amazing... Jersey Boys totally stole the show in my opnion.. just excellent

• 2 weeks later...

I would defo go to an event like this!

Musical theatre is my life (when i can afford it)!

Just saw sister act last week...... Patina Miller was outstanding! Also just back fron NYC where i saw hair/avenue q and my fav 9 to 5!

If SM EVER got Allison Janney, Stephanie J Block or Megan Hilty I would die!