Gifts

torchwoodangel93

hey guys....

i know at the hub, it was said that the celebs wont really look at their presents, but last year me nad my friend got john a belt buckle that said "SEXY" (he thought it said "SEX" cos he only looked at it through the little bag it came in, we were like "NOOOO!") lol. :thumbup::D

anyway, is anyone getting any of the celebs presents this time?? cos me and my friend are thinking about it`. :D

I got John a rare print of a Star Wars comic signed by the artist and he took the time to look and ask me questions about it. As for what to get I'm not too sure yet but I ain't buying Gareth a gift that's for sure.

y not for gareth??

OMG!! BONNIE!! WE SHOULD GET GARETH A TOP THAT SAYS:

"Orgy, my room, 306"

roflmao!!!! :D

Edited by torchwoodangel93

I think if you want to give gifts for the guests the golden rule is to give them something cheap and fun.

The guests won't always take the gifts with them and I heard John Barrowman at the stage door of Robin Hood last week politely telling someone who was asking after a gift that she had given him that he gives the vast majority of the gifts he gets to charity because otherwise he'd be inundated with stuff and he gets embarassed that people spend their hard earned money on him when he's asked them to donate to charity instead.

I don't think John will be there at the Hub 2 but he's probably prefer that you donated to the Dog's Trust than bought him something.

I got him gifts when I met him and well, he was not polite about it. Not even low down decency of thank you. David Tennant at least said thank you very happily when I gave him a blue bag, it had a 5 Doll and a 5 Doctors rare print.

READ THE FOURM RULES!!!

You cannot discuss other events.

Edited by slaycandy

Just a rule of thumb.....never give a convention guest anything of a sexual nature as a gift (even as a joke). It never goes over well, even if they seem to be fine with it when you give it to them. That's just a face they put on most of the time to keep from hurting the feelings of the person who gave them the gift , and they are usually put off by it if not downright creeped out by it. (This comes from 6 years of experience working on the convention circuit)

Just a rule of thumb.....never give a convention guest anything of a sexual nature as a gift (even as a joke). It never goes over well, even if they seem to be fine with it when you give it to them. That's just a face they put on most of the time to keep from hurting the feelings of the person who gave them the gift , and they are usually put off by it if not downright creeped out by it. (This comes from 6 years of experience working on the convention circuit)

I agree with dr_is_in. I personally would be quite embarrassed to give them something along the lines of "inappropriate" because for one thing, it's not like you're one of their close friends so it will seem creepy and another it makes them get a worse impression of you. Especially for people first meeting the stars, I know I would be sorta iffy and "..ok.." about it I were famous and someone gave me something like that.

Personally if I ever did give them a gift, it would probably be something I made, like you know something meaningful...

I have only ever offered chocolate (because I know an exceptionally good chocolate shop that most people can't get to) to celebrities I've met and talked to several times and/or who have expressed interest in it. I also make the offer in such a way that it's very easy for them to turn it down (which some have). If feeling compelled to give gifts, the rule of thumb I've seen work best with most con guests is to make it yourself if you can do it well (unless it's food), make it small and inexpensive if you can't (unless the individuals know you VERY well), and, as dr_is_in advises, avoid sexed-up stuff, even in fun. I've seen too many celebrities made very uncomfortable by that last thing, even if they are too polite to show or admit it.

Haha at the hub we gave gareth a muffin and he gave it to that well known food charity kai owen :P

Gotta love them both :o

LOL! Gareth was refusing food quite a bit at that event, but I can SO picture the event you describe! :)

lol, yeah....

it seems so easy to imagine.... :D

bet kai was happy anyhows :huh:

Bit off-topic but Torchwoodangel93 your signiture made me chuckle. Was it you and your friends that GDL said that to? I overheard that conversation and was attempting to hold in my laughter!!!!

hmm... well, we were in alift when he said it, but when we got back down we were telling bonnies and lucys mum ALL about it!! :lol::P

so it is quite likely that it was us. if you saw us, and it was us, we were stood by the lifts, and in the reception area. we were talking quite loudly, so it's quite easy to overhear our conversations!! :chair:

so, i dunno if that helps you find out if it was us??

there was 3 of us, one had long blonde hair, one had short black hair, and i had medium lenght brown and blonde hair.

Bit off-topic but Torchwoodangel93 your signiture made me chuckle. Was it you and your friends that GDL said that to? I overheard that conversation and was attempting to hold in my laughter!!!!

one had short black hair

short black and PINK hair.

lol

Yeah it probably was us, we were in captain Jack costumes too.

That has to be the most unreal moment of my life! :firedevil:

i LOVED it :D

I've made Matt Rippy a bracelet

(all the other guests confirmed so far have already had one so they'll be getting something else!!)

Might be giving Kai another bracelet as he loved the other one.

(If you were at the Rift, he was wearing it there, so was Eve. And Tom had his on at Bad Wolf, if anyone was there)

• 1 month later...

For the Hub 1 Con, me and a few freinds gave Gareth the Blow Up sheep on the friday night as a laugh as we saw it it town and as gareth already know us from his gigs and know we was a little crazy, but in a good way thought it was funny.

He liked the Sheep so much he even wore it on stage on the saturday for his talk with him and kia. xx

So sometimes Guests do like the gifts and sometimes keep on.

- - - - -

Sew the Braclets someone was talking about, really nice xxx

For the Hub 1 Con, me and a few freinds gave Gareth the Blow Up sheep on the friday night as a laugh as we saw it it town and as gareth already know us from his gigs and know we was a little crazy, but in a good way thought it was funny.

He liked the Sheep so much he even wore it on stage on the saturday for his talk with him and kia. xx

So sometimes Guests do like the gifts and sometimes keep on.

- - - - -

Sew the Braclets someone was talking about, really nice xxx

You and your friends must be wonderful people. Bet you give Kai even better gifts, like inflatable chairs and singing cushions!!!! :angel:

xxx