What did you think of this years Doctor Who special?

mrsclairecarter

The Doctor didn't die in the TV Movie, if you watch it, only one of his hearts fails after the doctors didn't realise that he had two and attempted a procedure that killed one of his hearts, so they thought he 'died'. When he regenrates (which he must have started whilst on the operating table) he even says that the anesthetic slowed down his regenrative process. That's basically why Timelords regenrate, as the 9th Doctor says - "to cheat death".

In the case of The Master, he was indeed killed and proved that the regenative process is self inflicted as he 'refused' it. If the 7th Doctor did die in the TV Movie, he would be dead like The Master is at this moment in time. Although he'll have a trick to come back of course!

On a similar theme, I went back and reminded myself what caused each Doctor to renegrate, I just hope that the Tenth's won't be long and drawn out. But I bet it will be!

1st Doctor - Collasped through exhaustion/old age

2nd Doctor - Punishment for breaking the laws of time

3rd Doctor - (Radiation) Poisoning

4th Doctor - Fall off a tower

5th Doctor - Posined (My favourite one!)

6th Doctor - Michael Grade/something that The Rani did/nobody's really sure, not even the writer!

7th Doctor - Shot

8th Doctor - ???? Time War, maybe????

9th Doctor - Absorbed the 'energies of the Time votex', poisoned if you will.

10th Doctor - Trampled by hoardes of hard-up women/girls?

• 9 months later...

I loved the specials. But what's really bull*beep* is, that Doctor Who fans from all over the world can't watch the extras on BBC's website. Everything is UK only... :D

That's annoying because we can't watch a trailer, the extras, the news... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised by all this positive feedback, I thought The Next Doctor was apalling bad, it made me almost switch off I was so bored, the one that followed it was equally as dull, neither of them really had "Special" material, Waters of Mars was acceptable but despite him being amazing I'm thankful Tennant is leaving, it feels like he and Russel T Davis have just given up.

Well in my opinion David Tennant has been fantastic at portraying The Doctor. The older series is a little before my time so didn't really get into Dr Who until the latest series. To me whenever I think of "The Doctor" I will think of Tennant. Will miss him when hes gone. Not to sure about the next one.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the most recent special. The Waters of Mars was billed as the scariest episode yet, but to my mind it was nowhere near as scary as Blink, for example. It was also a shame that the Ice Warriors didn't make an appearance.

I'm surprised by all this positive feedback, I thought The Next Doctor was apalling bad, it made me almost switch off I was so bored, the one that followed it was equally as dull, neither of them really had "Special" material, Waters of Mars was acceptable but despite him being amazing I'm thankful Tennant is leaving, it feels like he and Russel T Davis have just given up.

yep next doctor was i think one of if not the worst who episode ever, boring, lazy, silly and complete tosh

POTD was average, passable but a bit seen it before and pointless, WOM a massive missed opportunity, it was ok better than the previous 2 with some really good bits, but I hated how the doctor was at the end, most of the action and effects were in all th trailers and still it had silly bits that were pointless.

EOT sounds like a rehash of LOTT and JE mixed together to me, but simm is a fantastic master so looking forward to that

yep agreed im happy tennant and rtd are leaving (should of bowled out after JE) , moffat and smith are gonna be awesome

For me I think the specials have got better with each one

don't care much for David Morrisey anyway and missed the original showing as I was away in Florida for 3 weeks

the 2nd one was much better and felt Michelle Ryan was a far better assistant just the right side of the 70's Dr Who ham!!!!

Waters of Mars was another step on back to the serious side of the Doctor and we have seen him now spiralling towards his death

to say the worse episode was the one that starred the iconic villian just proves what a lot of people have saying for a while that we are bored of the Cybermen and Daleks

Moffat is going the right way trying to set up new icons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...