CIN two minute preview

Magenta_Jan

I'm sorry to say this but I really really really hope that David Morissey is not the new doctor(at least how he is in that preview). I really didn't like the preview, it was way too RTD series opener. There's no way I could take DM seriously for a whole series or more if he carries on like that.

Edited by Magenta_Jan

Judging by that preview it seems on christmas day i will be tucking in to a hearty morsel of ham.

That's never going to be the next doctor, it was too over the top and an extreme parody of DT. I dont have a problem with DM possibly being the Doctor, but not in that style. Bit of an obvious red herring.

plus im curious to see a bit more of the cyber-yeti. Did the Invasion cybermen get it on with the Yeti or something? or was that just fozzi bear wearing a cut-out mask

Judging by that preview it seems on christmas day i will be tucking in to a hearty morsel of ham.

That's never going to be the next doctor, it was too over the top and an extreme parody of DT. I dont have a problem with DM possibly being the Doctor, but not in that style. Bit of an obvious red herring.

plus im curious to see a bit more of the cyber-yeti. Did the Invasion cybermen get it on with the Yeti or something? or was that just fozzi bear wearing a cut-out mask

Its quite obvious that Morrisey is an impostor Doctor who has heard of the doc exploits and is making money imitating him

he is probably the kind of theatrical con man you see in a lot of victorian dramas selling magical cures for baldness

its obvious the cybermen are shown tonight are fakes in on the fix though how Morrisey has seen Cybermen,knows of the Tardis,the sonic S and who the doc is well thats an odd one

Morrisey is NOT the next Doctor.

Edited by vintageSW77

I'm going to disagree and say I'd love David Morrissey to be the new Doctor, but just with his own spin on things. But it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't mind him being the next doctor as long as he isn't as cheesey as he is in the clip. If he was it'd make the show virtually unwatchable for me :D

I really don't think he will be be though as it would be very odd for them to say who DT's replacement is so long before he actually leaves. They'd be missing out on months of suspense and intrigue which will keep people talking about the show and will therefore be good publicity for the show

Edited by Magenta_Jan

I liked the preview, though if he was to actually play the real doctor in that way I wouldn't be too happy, but agree with vintageSW77 that he's an impostor and not the 'real' doctor.

The charlatan explanation sounds good - Morrissey was so wildly over the top.

Although there's nothing to stop different incarnations meeting, Morrissey can't be the new Doctor, or he'd at least have recognised Tennant as being one of his previous incarnations. Or am I reading too much into it?

It was good, anyway! Can't wait till Christmas, and how shiny is it that a Christmas Special is now seen as normal! :P

...Morrissey can't be the new Doctor, or he'd at least have recognised Tennant as being one of his previous incarnations...

Thats a good point, he retains memories of his past so surely he'd recognise his DT incarnation.

I must admit I really like tyhe idea of an imposter storyline, I'm really excited about seeing what they do with that.