KEEP THE AUTUMN MANCHESTERMANIA!

Windu

I’m sorry but not having a Manchester convention at this time off year is a bad one!

Moving it to the summer makes no sense when you’ve got to compete with LFCC which we all know is going to get better guest based on location alone (near to two major airports) an yes I know that Manchester has a major airport, but in summer your also competing with Festivals and Summer holidays alike.

In my opinion (for anyone who’s interested) KEEP THE AUTUMN CONVENTION! Alright it’s too late to organise one for this year, but look at what its got going for it!

1) Like I said before next to a major airport.

2) Of a time of year when people have more money with the build up to Christmas (Gifts, etc).

3) The German Market is also on at the same time of year just down the road so there’s more chance of picking up passing trade.

Having two cons a year in each city only works if you can get the guests, and it seems to me Showmaster are spreading themselves a little thin just lately. One in each of the cities you go to is enough, But…..

KEEP THE AUTUMN MANCHESTERMANIA!!!!!

I liked having 2 cons. would be nice to get bigger guests though.

Looking at other cons though most of the big guests generally go to the cons in the south (well who i class as big).

A summer con will have to contend with people not able to come as they are on their summer holidays.

the problem seems to be a circular one. not as many people come to the Manchester con as the guests are quite often guest stars in shows which leads to the con being relegated to once a year. unless big stars can be guaranteed the problem will remain the same and the event will fail to bring in a bigger audience.

rant over. sorry for that.

My feelings when I found out the November weekend had been cancelled was pretty mcuh, 's@@T'. However it did force me to broaden my horizons again and see what else was out there, as over the last few years I was stuck in a Collectormania rut.

Thankfully I discovered the Hub event, which was a three day event which I hadn't done in a long time, but I am so glad I did it, and if Collectormania had been on I wouldn't have, so I for one would like to say thanks Showmasters you helped restored my faith in three day cons dedicated to a particular programme.

To those who are saying no, keep it in Novemeber, I would love to suggest just browsing and seeing what else is out there in October/November, and YES it will be nice to have something like Collectormania in the summer as often the summer months are dry spells where cons are concerned.

I think it'll be better held in summer. More people will be out and about and something like this could be a big draw. Manchester has the potential to be a massive show, just a shame it didn't work in the Spring/Autumn.

I just hope people in cars are prepared to pay the congestion charge in 2012! :D

• 2 months later...

I think it'll be better held in summer. More people will be out and about and something like this could be a big draw. Manchester has the potential to be a massive show, just a shame it didn't work in the Spring/Autumn.

I just hope people in cars are prepared to pay the congestion charge in 2012! ;)

Heh Congestion charge didn't even go through.... loads of people voted no, so it wont be happening.

I'd just be happy for some sort of news EITHER WAY stating if it's going to be on or not this year. I know SM has a lot to do but keeping us in the dark with nothing for this long is making me feel like the unwanted guest.

Please SM, tell us something............

Much as i like the idea of a summer gmex event i think we need one in winter. All the cons lately seem really bunched together in summer, no none is gonna be able to afford to get to them. I know we were planning on going to the manchester show as well as lfacc and milton keynes but with it all being bunched together as well as being on the middle of rally season we can only afford to do one, so i think it's really gonna impact on attendance levels. but hey least we can get to one.

Much as i like the idea of a summer gmex event i think we need one in winter. All the cons lately seem really bunched together in summer, no none is gonna be able to afford to get to them. I know we were planning on going to the manchester show as well as lfacc and milton keynes but with it all being bunched together as well as being on the middle of rally season we can only afford to do one, so i think it's really gonna impact on attendance levels. but hey least we can get to one.

The Summer is a great time to have it because there are no cons in the Summer months - there are so many in the Autumn at the moment that people haven't got the cash to do it all - Roll on MANCHESTER this Summer :blush:

I can't see this con happening this summer which a crying shame!

Glasgow has dates already and there for the end of the summer! I still maintain that it should be kept in the autumn.

either way there are so many of us that would just love to know whats happening, come on ShowMaster give us a clue?????