Any BIG guests at all?

robert_bond75

Now that Richard Dreyfuss has cancelled what are the chances that there will any BIG guests at all?

I know that Showmasters are always working on guests up until the last minute and so probably don't know yet but frankly this event is looking quite pathetic. We were told to expect an AMAZING event and unless we get some major guest announcements over the next few days this event really is beyond saving now.

I know guests cancelling can't be helped but surely there must be something more that can be done.

• Moderators

At this point in time, personally I don't think it's likely. No one should expect one.

Logic would say that it's not even worth getting a big guest this close to an event. Not enough people will be able to make it at this short notice to make it financially viable really.

I would imagine a lot of people would just cut their losses at this point and not bother if there's no one they want.

I really can't understand how SM didn't manage to have some bigger names for this event...

They are setting an amazing line up for LFCC with some major guests, and not just a single real big name for this one???

It really looks like they're focusing all of their hard work to get guests for LFCC... I don't mind as it's the easiest event for me to get to, so the more big guests there is, the more happy i am...

But i can't help feeling this particular event has been dropped down... Maybe it was a lack of time to get guests as they have so many other events to arrange, maybe it was too much self confidence that the first contacts with guests were promising (that old post from Jason announcing big guests...) so that they didn't feel it was necessary to look for other guests... Only SM knows but unfortunately if this event is going to be a disaster (and i think it can't be otherwise quite frankly) what i'm afraid of is that it could have some impact on the future of those signing events... Hope for once i'm wrong!

I very much doubt it! Even for SM to pull one out of the bag I think it's slim to none!

For me unless something major happens I won't be attending the Midlands event this year! Pity cause I was really looking forward to it but with having just one person on my list to meet it's just not worth it.

I think mightymax said it all. I can't justify the cost of the train fare from London for just one guest.

It seems a shame that Showmasters can't fnd another American guest that they could transfer Richard Dreyfuss's unused airline ticket to. :unsure:

I think mightymax said it all. I can't justify the cost of the train fare from London for just one guest.

It seems a shame that Showmasters can't fnd another American guest that they could transfer Richard Dreyfuss's unused airline ticket to. :unsure:

like mike myers :lol:

no big guests equals no big turnout!a friend of mine has a stall at the event but doesnt want to go becuse he wont make any money because he knows like we know its gonna be a disaster!

So cos there no 'big' guests that means that ur friend wont make money???????????

Does it not make a difference what the stall is.

If it was just like a stall for on generic thing ie Comedy and there were no comedy guests, then it makes sense!!

But if gereral it a sci-fi based stall or sports based well anything based on who is there, then there will be ppl interested surley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to look about the stalls, but not all, and it doesnt depend on the guests at the event!

What stall has ur friend got????????????????

It seems a shame that Showmasters can't fnd another American guest that they could transfer Richard Dreyfuss's unused airline ticket to. :YAHOO:

Well its only going to cost me £6 and 80mins(ish) round trip but just can't justify going unless we get a major surprise guest, I have got an early bird ticket and still won't go as I can't muster to get myself out of bed for the current line-up :D

no big guests equals no big turnout!a friend of mine has a stall at the event but doesnt want to go becuse he wont make any money because he knows like we know its gonna be a disaster!

I dunno surely it's quality of customers that matters rather than quanity. They might have more cash to spend if there's less to spend on autographs. I assume a stand is non-refundable so unless the transport costs a lot, it probably won't save them money in not attending either.

to cost me £6 and 80mins(ish) round trip but just can't justify going unless we get a major surprise guest, I have got an early bird ticket and still won't go as I can't muster to get myself out of bed for the current line-up :chair:

If you've bought your ticket you might as well go now, but I do know what you mean. If I'm not expecting to spend £200 minimum at an event of this type, it's probably not worth my effort either. But I'd have further to travel!