Parties

blaid drwg

CAN SUMONE HURRY UP AND GIVE US A PARTY THEME

I agree it is getting a bit desprate here, just over 7 weeks to go and I can't be the only one who is doing evry bit of overtime they can get in the run up to the Hub, so having to go find somthing when we do is a bit limited.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already bought my dress for saturday night and its insanely formal like something youd see a bond girl wearing so any hint of what the theme might be for that night?????

I took it back coz I dont think its right now :o oh well i think i will go for something more partyish and some dead nice shoes...god I love shoes lol, your picture makes me boil with envy lol

whose picture?? you quoted yourself so a bit confused now my brain is not functioning

sorry im so stupid i quote myself yeh ur pic is so cool...still no theme...

I have decided i'm giving SM until the end of this month to let lay on the themes and then i'm taking it into my own hands and just going out and picking something...anything because i need that precious commodity called TIME and PAY DAY.....two magic words that are running bereft on time....so if there's nowt by the end of this month i'm picking my own sole themes even if i look an odd one out. Personally i think we have all had a heck of alot of patience on here and we have kept asking and asking but alas we are getting nothing in return.

I have decided i'm giving SM until the end of this month to let lay on the themes and then i'm taking it into my own hands and just going out and picking something...anything because i need that precious commodity called TIME and PAY DAY.....two magic words that are running bereft on time....so if there's nowt by the end of this month i'm picking my own sole themes even if i look an odd one out. Personally i think we have all had a heck of alot of patience on here and we have kept asking and asking but alas we are getting nothing in return.

Pirates I'm sure I mentioned this earlier, we should all just go as pirates maybe on the Saturday??

XD

Maybe have a poll or somthing to decide for Friday?

Lol Iagree with galaxy_song: we should totally have a spookydoo on Friday night, Pirates on Sat, and something else on Sun :P

Lol Iagree with galaxy_song: we should totally have a spookydoo on Friday night, Pirates on Sat, and something else on Sun :WAVE:

Spooky do makes perfect sense for Friday I agree. Maybe me but not sure how the theme pirates fits with a TW con - am I missing something?

i really dont think themes for party takes month to decide, more like a week for a decent preparation

AM I JUST BEING A IDIOT?

It all depends on what you want to do though doesn't it, and this time we don't have the chance. For the last one, I had an original pattern 30's evening dress made, from scratch, which took nearly 3 months!!!

This time I've lost patience, and am just going to wear party dresses, no costumes. It's a shame, we are the customers, we're the ones who are paying, and it's not very good customer service to keep us waiting like this. All I hope is that our universal irritation at this doesn't taint the event. If it does - not our fault!

Edited by goddessmaat

It all depends on what you want to do though doesn't it, and this time we don't have the chance. For the last one, I had an original pattern 30's evening dress made, from scratch, which took nearly 3 months!!!

This time I've lost patience, and am just going to wear party dresses, no costumes. It's a shame, we are the customers, we're the ones who are paying, and it's not very good customer service to keep us waiting like this. All I hope is that our universal irritation at this doesn't taint the event. If it does - not our fault!

It is sad, because I don't think i'll have hte money to buy something to fit the themes this time around being so late to actualyl find out any information. I have to save up for the hotel room now :huh:

Lol Iagree with galaxy_song: we should totally have a spookydoo on Friday night, Pirates on Sat, and something else on Sun :huh:

Spooky do makes perfect sense for Friday I agree. Maybe me but not sure how the theme pirates fits with a TW con - am I missing something?

Ok things that could have fallen through the rift could be the theme? Pirates could come through the riftXD Roman soliders have:)

Uh I havent even thought about saving for the hotel room we finaly just got travel arranged.

I can understand people getting frustrated with the lack of announcements about the party themes. I love seeing costumes that people have painstakingly put together. I don't know why it's taking so long to announce themes, but in my opinion I much prefer showmasters to put all their efforts and hardwork in making the day events brilliant eg: getting guests on board, getting the scheduel sorted and generally making things run smoothly. But if it's just a matter of just announcing a theme then it should be easy for them to do but perhaps there is more involved then we realise I don't know. Just my thoughts. :(

I think the spooky do party is a great idea because it universally a huge category with a wide expanse of choice and you really can go all out...plus i have always wanted to tailor a werewolf costume or even a headless horseman...pirates is also a great dea because again it's universally huge in choice...everything from pirates, wrenches and even the mythical sea creatures they believed in. I think if they don't give us an official theme set by the end of the month we should all just take a vote and decide or ourselves...cos if SM won't take it into their own hands we will have to.

Sppoky-do would be quite cool, especially as my sister although already has her dresses (they were sale items, she was happy!) she keeps thinking of ways she'd customize them for something like the SD theme! XD Looking forward now to what SM announce, :wub:

Spooky do eh?....

I've still got my devil's outfit from Halloween, so can always bring that along hehehe :D

I dont normally dress up for these parties (and probably wont be this time...), so I'm not all panicky about the themes (not) being announced XD heh

Certaintly wont be "making" an outfit... far too much hassle :blink:

Remember... Good things come to those who wait folks...

G x :P