Christopher Lee

mr_oo7

I was at both of the events mentioned above, that's why I mentioned the CD!.

Christopher Lee has done a number of signings but he seems to prefer small events where he can spend a little time with his fans and where he can exercise a modicum of control over what he signs. Most of the events I have heard about or attended have been limited to around 250-300 tickets spread throughout a session (he does get tired after a while so likes to have a break).

If any event is able to secure him then I think Autographica is the most likely, because they have a cap on the number of tickets sold.

I agree, I have been the two Radisson signings over the last few years.

Could Autographica arranage a one-off event for Mr Lee fans [him as the only guest] as he has done in the past????

That would prove very popular i think.

Could Autographica arranage a one-off event for Mr Lee fans [him as the only guest] as he has done in the past????

thats a good idea im up for that

thats a good idea im up for that

Count me in on that as well :D

• Showmasters Admin

At least one of those one off signing events was based around his CD launch and so I'd be interested to know how much of the costs were being beared by the record company or Mr Lee himself.

Having an event with one guest is a very big gamble. If that one guest cancels, the organiser ends up having costs for advertising, printing tickets, venue, staff, accommodation, flights...the list goes on. You could easily end up over £10-20k out of pocket. That's one hell of a gamble unless you know 100% he'll be there.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to met him. And I think Autographica would be a great event for it. I just don't think a single person event would be a good idea unless you can afford to loss a shed load if it doesn't happen.

Edited by Too Tall

I have met Christopher Lee three times:

Once when he was opening a film/TV related shop in Nottingham (when we were allowed to get a free item signed for every item we bought from the shop).

Once when he was promoting a self-released DVD of his film Jinnah (he had previously done something similar with a DVD of his life story which I wasnt able to get to, but a friend got me one).

Once at an event at Elstree studios, where we werent allowed to get items signed by him.

I agree to Too Tall 100% - with the Radisson events only - the first one was arranged through specialsignings and the second was arranged by his people for the CD launch.

I just feel this is probably the only way we may get him to an event, but is it worth the risk, yes, could it be done short notice to minimise cancellations, probably. Obviously we are not the one's taking the risk!!

I am not an expert here, I just attend every Showmasters event if there is a LOTR guest announced (and I have been to every one since Day 1 when that has happened).

Just trying to think of ways to get him - was only a thought, but I understand your comments entirely.

i have met him around the time of the first lord of the rings this was in nottingham might have been forbidden planet or somewhere like it and it was a book signing all you had to do was pay the 16.99 for the book and i took a photo of dracula and a hammer mag (early 90's) and got all 3 signed for the 16.99 so i think i was lucky plus had a photo with him, there was many in there in we was there for about 2 hrs and not long after we got there they closed the doors.

I agree to Too Tall 100% - with the Radisson events only - the first one was arranged through specialsignings and the second was arranged by his people for the CD launch.

I just feel this is probably the only way we may get him to an event, but is it worth the risk, yes, could it be done short notice to minimise cancellations, probably. Obviously we are not the one's taking the risk!!

I am not an expert here, I just attend every Showmasters event if there is a LOTR guest announced (and I have been to every one since Day 1 when that has happened).

Just trying to think of ways to get him - was only a thought, but I understand your comments entirely.

Twas the Cinema Store. That was where I met him too.