Oliver Smith

Matt2006

As I have already mentioned in the guest days and prices thread, Oliver Smith has changed from Saturday to Sunday, however, it still says ''updated 13th Sep'' but it has clearly changed since this date. Is this a mistake or are showmasters being sneaky with this and not making an issue out of his possible change?

I'm travelling from Newcastle to Milton Keynes with friends to see many guests but Oliver Smith is the main reason for going and because of this we all have managed to get the Saturday off work.

Please can we have corfirmation that Ollive will be attending on he Saturday as it says on the site.

Edited by Matt2006

I don't think anybody was trying to be sneaky. More likely it just happened that whoever made the last change forgot to put the new date in the title.

The website should be correct as I think some changes there were more recent than the last topic update. I'll try and get official confirmation for you, but maybe someone will see the topic here first.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

he was 1 of the main reasons i was going on satueday aswell,this means im gonna miss him because i have to travel 200 miles and im cant do that on the sunday..oh well ANOTHER guest who im not gonna meet :lol:

Same here! I'm only travelling on the Saturady for Oliver, can't do the Sunday due to work. Only fair that he does attend Saturday!!!

To be honest this type of thing pisses me of with collectormania and comicon. Just like the other people in this thread me and my girlfriend have taken saturday off work and will be travelling 2 hours to get there.

Yet why can i imagine getting there and being told that hes changed to sunday. I would appreciate if this confusion could be sorted out asap. I check the website daily for days and times but nothing.

Sorry about the whinge but all of this seems very messy to me and i dont want to waiste my time and money.

Clarity on which day he will be attending would be good. Fingers crossed it will be answered within this thread as at times a lengthy thread like the prices & days, questions can get lost.

For me it would make sense to have him in attendance the same time as Doug and I too hope he is doing Saturday as I want to meet him so he can sign my Hellraiser poster that I am doing as a surprise present for my brother. For me Sunday's is always mission impossible due to relying on public transport.

I have just heard back from Showmasters, and unfortunately the confirmation is not what you were hoping for. I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news here.

Oliver's appearance date has indeed been changed to Sunday.

Especially with local guests unfortunately the appearance days can change very fast because of filming commitments and such, and looks like this has happened here for Oliver.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Also shouldnt they be getting there stuff together?

If its not confirmed that hes doing Saturday why not get on there site quick and ammend the day to sunday? Its not much to ask at all and would save a lot of hassle for a lot of people.

I went to comicon this year, went the second day in an attempt to try and get Christopher Lloyds again (failed) and also went for Brian Blessed. Got there and found out he had cancelled early that morning. Okay thats very annoying but it happens. What disgusted me was when i got home they still hadnt updated the site that he had cancelled. Sure most of us get there early but how easy is it to change the site in the hope that they can spare a few people the trip.

Showmasters / Jason - Very upset about this but these things happen, I understand that. Realistically I could get someone else to get his autograph, however, I only like getting autographs in person and being a bit of a Hellraiser geek I'd much rather meet the actors in person.

So it would be much appreciated if you could let the people who are not going to be around Sunday if there are any plans to bring him back. I think he would probably have been one of the most popular guests due to this being his first event and that these events always pull the horror fans!

Please could you let us know a.s.a.p. as this will determine for myself whether I will get someone else to get his autograph for me or whether I hold back for the future, which I would rather do being a big Hellraiser fan.

• Moderators

They've never in the past given advance warning of someone coming back for another event unless they've actually cancelled and rescheduled.

The fact that Oliver is still attending, albeit on the day some people are not, likely means that the organiser wouldn't have advanced plans for future events involving him.

Plus as has been proven with this event, schedules can change, and therefore it would be very risky to rely on him appearing at a future event, even if it were planned.

I can only advise getting an autograph while it's guaranteed.

what doesnt make sense though is still having him as saturday on the main page, even after theyve updated what days doug bradley is doing etc.

sure actors are busy and the show will be dictated by how busy they are, but SURELY you could let people know as soon as the organisers know out of respect. date changes and cancellations are part of the show, what showmasters have to do is let the EVERYEONE know the SECOND they know.

i just feel lucky i actually looked on this forum otherwise i would still be arranging my week around him signing on saturday.

im not impressed at all, the show has to respect the people attendning the show.

same thing happend the first time I ever went to a CM, came all the way from Manchester (4.5hr drive) on the weakest day Monday because it was the only day Ian Whyte was attending.... didn't come on the forum back then.... anyway, I get there, couldn't find Ian's table, went to the info desk only to find he's day had been changed to Saturday but the website hadn't been updated..... SM needs to understand that some people only visit the website... and plan long, expensive journeys based on certain guests... luckily I am able to change my plans this time, but I feel for you people who can't has I have been in that situation in the past

Its not on at all.

When i first started going to these shows i was well impressed by how friendly and how overall nice the atmosphere is. But the organisers just seem lazy or something. If they have confirmation that someones changed there day, they should update the page asap.

Simple as that.