Movie Premieres...

Carlistara

I'm sure the date of December 3rd is correct if you have it from the MTV website, BUT that date is not confirmed by any of the Entertainment Media info sites yet.

I've not had a Press release from any of the 3 main PR Companies who handle the London Premieres, nor is it yet on the City of Westminster website, which is another source to look at (they have to get council permission to hold a Premiere).

So for the moment just cross your fingers and hold your breath

I too am sceptical since I haven't had notification from official sources yet.

Perhaps this is the press screening?

Well that was my first thought - but then it said the line about seeing the film alongside the cast.

I guess only time will tell.

Luv & Hugs

Tara

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Odd that the premiere isn't listed on the Westminster site yet. It's quite early for a premiere (they are usually only a week before the movie opens) but the Hugh Jackman movie Australia is premiering on the 10th or 11th in Leicester Square. It makes sense that Twilight is premiering a week earlier just so that they can keep two events likely to disrupt local businesses and require a police presence seperated by more than just a day or so. That alone makes me think this might be bigger than just a press screening. Keeping everything crossed that it is a premiere - have been holding back two days of my holiday quota just in case.

Well that was my first thought - but then it said the line about seeing the film alongside the cast.

That's why I think this is the press screening. The contact I had with the distributor said that there would be an exclusive press screening with the cast and this would be the first time on the big screen in the UK. That is not your typical red carpet, dressed to the nines premiere event we all expect. If you go to the Twilight movie bebo page, they are running a similar contest for this but it doesn't say it's a premiere.

There's a competition somewhere to win tickets to an exclusive preview on the 23rd November in London, I would have thought the cast would still be in the US at this point, but still would be fab if some of us were able to attend that one :)

Yeah sorry I couldn't remember where I had entered before... just found it again :)

http://www.borders.co.uk/win_exclusive_adv...to_see_twilight

wo grand prize winners (and their guests!) will be some of the first people in the UK to see Stephenie Meyer’s bestseller Twilight come to life on the big screen at an exclusive, London screening on Sunday, November 23rd. To be in with a chance of winning one of two pairs of tickets available, please answer the simple question below....

Kate x

Why can't we have any cool competitions like that over here in Belgium? *lol*

Well actually we had 2 comps regarding Twilight. One was to win tickets for a premiere on November 25th, there were 567 tickets to win...

And another competition was to get a huge VIP Twilight treatment... On November 21 the winner and 6 of your friends would get picked up by a limousine, driven to a 4* hotel in Brussels, get a huge make-over (hair cut, make-up done, etc..) receive some goodie bags, some DVD's AND 'Twilight' merchandise. Then in the evening you would go to an exclusive screening of the movie!!! I SO wanted to win that competition!!!! Of course I entered, but I think I was too late *cries* Besides I never win cool stuff like that...

Sadly enough none of the cast is gonna be here at any of those premieres and I SO want to meet the cast *cough-Robert Pattison-cough* so well... Would be very cool if someone actually organised a competition to see the movie in the UK with the cast! I'm gonna keep an eye on that stuff haha.

I so can't wait to see the movie on November 26th!

OK so a new competition has been launched on Bebo to win tickets to the premiere.

Enter here!!

This is intro'd by Rob himself!! Good Luck

Tonights US premiere can be watched vis this widget!!!

Here!!

It's 6.30 pm US time.....probably about 1.30 in the morning or even later

OK so a new competition has been launched on Bebo to win tickets to the premiere.

Enter here!!

Here!!

So there really IS a premiere! And Rob IS going to be there! :blush:

Enter here!!

Here!!

So there really IS a premiere! And Rob IS going to be there! :blush:

Thankyou :)

So who's going to go?

I'll be there! It's so convenient, cause I've had this trip to London planned for a long time, way before word on the premiere was out! So I am very chuffed! I've never actually been to premiere before though, so what time do you think we should get there to get a good spot? Presuming it will start about 7pm.

So who's going to go?

I'll be there! It's so convenient, cause I've had this trip to London planned for a long time, way before word on the premiere was out! So I am very chuffed! I've never actually been to premiere before though, so what time do you think we should get there to get a good spot? Presuming it will start about 7pm.

i've took half a day off work, so i'll be there i think about 1pm. i'm really curious how big twilight is in the UK, and how many people will turn up for the premiere! oh..i'll be distributing the flyers that day, anyone with me?? :P

Twilight Press Screening tickets are available through the Twilight Street Team.

I only found out about it recently do aren't 100% sure if you need to have been a team member for a while, but the email I have says the lady that runs the street team has managed to get everyone tickets... so might be worth joining ?

The task for street team is to promote the competition thats on the twilight bebo page, once thats done the StreeTeamers are to send screen shots of what they've done.

Anyone that's sent in a screen shot can then reply to an email sent out with regards to the screening taking place on 23/11/08 and should be allocated a ticket (just one) :)

the email to join street team is: twilightmovie@live.co.uk

I personally wouldn't say your joining for the preview, they will want people who'll continue to promote the movie over a long period :)

Anyway, hope it's useful to someone (and that I've not posted somethign already posted :wub: )

K