Possible guests?

todd198126

Do any of you guys think that some of the guests which are going to the Milton Keynes event (26-28 September) may be coming to the Midlands 2 event?:uhoh:

I'm a little new to this kind of thing so i just wondered if that was normal practice for these events?As i would assume that if there in the area the would probably stay on to do the Midlands 2 event.At least some of them anyway.

So do you think this may be the case or not?:help:

I'm really hoping it is! as i'd love to see Michael Dorn,Denise Crosby and J August Richards at the Midlands 2 event.That would be great in my opinion. :YAHOO:

So do i have any chance of that??

Paul

No, it's not normal practise. Probably only retired actors (the David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch variety) who dont do much else work-wise and who are not in demand elsewhere (and prob live around here) would likely "stay on" for the next con if they were asked or even wanted to.

Actors still working today like the actors you mentioned are still in the business and will probably go back to the US after the con. SM bring them over here from the US just for the con and then fly them back, they dont get to stick around longer than they have to and as top TV actors they have busy schedules.

People like Micheal Dorn and Denise Crosby havent attended a show here for ages, it could be ages again before you get to see them in the future. If you wanna see them badly enough (and as you said you'd "love to meet them") then make the effort to go while you still can or risk losing out - SM have given you guests, the date and the place so now your part of the deal is just to get there.

To be frank, if guests kept coming back con after con so soon, it would be very boring for regular attendees.

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

With any guest, it's best to come and meet them while you can.

Yes, of course we have regulars like Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse etc, and we all assume 'oh they'll be there again!' but I'm sure there's been a few we've thought that of, and they haven't been back since for various reasons - from work to slightly more finite things like unfortunately passing away.

So I'd recommend if there's someone you really want to see, make the effort to come to MK. I'm not saying there won't be any repeats at Midlands, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but it's never really worth taking the chance ..

Thats a shame to hear that,never mind.

Yes,i would love to see them but the fact is i just don't have the cash to go to Milton Keynes as well as Coventry.I guess i could call off Coventry and go to MK but i have promised to take my niece to Cov so it wouldn't be fair on her to miss out it and it wouldn't really be possible for her to come to MK with me as she has booked time off already for Coventry. :thumbup:

So i guess i'll have to miss out on it i'm afraid,no worries though i'm still looking forward to November,can't wait to hear who will be confirmed next! :thumbup:

Anyhow thanks for your replies guys!

Paul

Edited by todd198126

How about some Buffy and Angel guests. It was great meeting Leonard Roberts last time.

I'd like to see:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Seth Green

Marc Blucas

Alyson Hannigan

Sarah Hagan

Kristy Wu

Michelle Trachtenberg

David Boreanaz

Stephanie Romanov

Eliza Dushku

Julia Lee

Gina Torres

Summer Glau

Any of them would be great.

Do any of you guys think that some of the guests which are going to the Milton Keynes event (26-28 September) may be coming to the Midlands 2 event?:uhoh:

I'm a little new to this kind of thing so i just wondered if that was normal practice for these events?As i would assume that if there in the area the would probably stay on to do the Midlands 2 event.At least some of them anyway.

You might have a chance if the shows were a week apart (but no guarantees) - but these two shows are 5 weeks apart. In reality it would mean that unless they some work over here that paid at least as much as they would get back in the US, then SM would have to put them up in a hotel for 5weeks, and feed them, and compensate them for loss of earnings. And even if they could afford to do that, the guests might miss their families (unless SM was paying for them to have a 5 week holiday over here as well ;) )

As others have said, hugely unlikely.