1901 Chicago Party

Aakerman

There was a hiccup getting my original dress so I'm going to wear the one I just bought pictured below with elbow length black gloves. This is of course providing it fits cus I got it on ebay, lol! What do you guys think?

A3255a.jpg

thats the dress I have for the party I got it off ebay for £16.49 I love it was suprised how good it looks on

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a hiccup getting my original dress so I'm going to wear the one I just bought pictured below with elbow length black gloves. This is of course providing it fits cus I got it on ebay, lol! What do you guys think?

A3255a.jpg

thats the dress I have for the party I got it off ebay for £16.49 I love it was suprised how good it looks on

Really? It was £40 for me with the postage :thumbup: i'm sorry i got the same dress as you, do you mind if i wear it too?

okay, i give up. i've asked twice on this thread for help, and no one answers. you all just skip it. so i'm just gonna figure it out myself and if i come dressed normall ... well. so be it.

do you have a long black skirt? if not you can pick them up from places like peacocks I saw some on there for about £15 the other day then you just add a white shirt tucked in to it and wear your hair up thats probably the easiest way to do it hope that helps at all

ahhhh i don't know what to wear.... ummm its not 100% strict wear is it? like if i find a top thats kinda that era but a skirt or trousers that arent... do you think that would matter? i want to at least try :thumbup:

It's not 100% strict at all.

What I was planning on doing was black "frilly" (not sure that's the right word) long skirt with a white blouse that looks like it may of come from that era. Or something like that.

thankyou guys. and nat.. i posted on here once on this page and also a few pages ago... but thanks for responding now. i wasnt causing drama. i just found it annoying when i blatantly asked for help but u all just respond to others haha maybe i'm a demon! mwahahahahahhahah

sorry, watching demons... i love luke

anywho.... yeah i have a black skirt and i could frill up a top i suppose. thanks for the tips!

ok thanks for your opinions :) i should probably do the long black skirt thing, but i'm imagining it with blue jeans and black heels. :D

I'm sure that'll be fine too......and remember most of the time in photos you only see the top half anyway hehe just a thought even if it is a silly one ;-)

hehe too true!! and i know theres a few people who aren't doing anything, so it's not like i'd be the most underdressed there... :D

I'm so lazy, I was going to hire a dress but I'm 100% skint so I've made a t-shirt saying "1901...Whoo!" I'll wear a tulle skirt and heels with it methinks.

yay for laziness! i designed myself a 1901 style dress.... but i can't be bothered to make it and i'd look like a proper idiot. :D and the material would probably cost more than buying a ready made dress. hehe. if i could work out how to use my scanner i'd put it up here.

ok thanks for your opinions :) i should probably do the long black skirt thing, but i'm imagining it with blue jeans and black heels. :vader:

I'm sure that'll be fine too......and remember most of the time in photos you only see the top half anyway hehe just a thought even if it is a silly one ;-)

hehe too true!! and i know theres a few people who aren't doing anything, so it's not like i'd be the most underdressed there... ;)

just put on a voice so you sound like you are from that era hehe!

ok thanks for your opinions :) i should probably do the long black skirt thing, but i'm imagining it with blue jeans and black heels. :headscratch:

hehe too true!! and i know theres a few people who aren't doing anything, so it's not like i'd be the most underdressed there... :headscratch:

haha yeah, and no one would laugh at me...!! :( what kind of voice would that be anyway, just ott posh like the queen or something??

Im tempted to go as a 1901 cullen baseball player but dont wanna look like the idiot if everyone else is all dressed up fancy

you should definately do that! it's original and i'm sure loads of people wont be bothered to dress up anyway, it's written on the site that it's a "chill out" party (last time i looked)... x

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...7&langId=-1

i don't know about chicago but it seems to be 1901 style with the high neck and stuff... i haven't found anything else yet, does anyone else think it is relevant enough?

That top is perfect!! I wouldn't get too hung up on the "Chicago" thing - fashions in the US then were heavily influenced by Europe anyway, so there wouldn't have been a big difference.

ok thanks for your opinions :) i should probably do the long black skirt thing, but i'm imagining it with blue jeans and black heels. :D

hehe too true!! and i know theres a few people who aren't doing anything, so it's not like i'd be the most underdressed there... :D

haha yeah, and no one would laugh at me...!! :blush: what kind of voice would that be anyway, just ott posh like the queen or something??

haha yeah pretty much I bet people wont laugh I bet they will all join in!

Im tempted to go as a 1901 cullen baseball player but dont wanna look like the idiot if everyone else is all dressed up fancy

you should definately do that! it's original and i'm sure loads of people wont be bothered to dress up anyway, it's written on the site that it's a "chill out" party (last time i looked)... x

I kinda want to but i ahve no clue how to make the costume lol