1901 Chicago Party

Aakerman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be pretty easy baseball outfits have always been the same just get some black 3 quarter trousers with long white socks then the top is how you prefer it if you cant get an old fashioned baseball shirt you could just wear a plain 3 quarter shirt and design it yourself I think it would look cool!

be the 6ft baseball player lol wish i had a baseball bat now

My dress is nothing like all of yours :eek: Oh well lol

I cannot wear long dresses due to the fact i am small :huh: Well it is about knee length!

So i got an Ema savahl dress for xmas and i am finally going to wear it :dance:

It has Swarovski crystals all over the gold bits so it is hard to picture. It does have the high empire waist which i think was of the era??

And please excuse all the pictures my lighting at this time of day is not good so it is really hard to get a decent pic without it reflecting so i have a few....

The dress!

ema.jpg

eternaltwilight2008.jpg

Front detail of dress!

eternaltwilight2009.jpg

Back of the dress!

eternaltwilight2010.jpg

eternaltwilight2012.jpg

So what do you think???

My dress is nothing like all of yours :eek: Oh well lol

I cannot wear long dresses due to the fact i am small :huh: Well it is about knee length!

So i got an Ema savahl dress for xmas and i am finally going to wear it :dance:

It has Swarovski crystals all over the gold bits so it is hard to picture. It does have the high empire waist which i think was of the era??

And please excuse all the pictures my lighting at this time of day is not good so it is really hard to get a decent pic without it reflecting so i have a few....

So what do you think???

i think thats a really pretty dress and i think youll look amazing , i get the feeling lots of people are giving up on the edwardian thing i mean im going in trousers so u know lol

To me it doesn't matter if it is exactly Edwardian or exactly Victiorian. Heck, I am sewing two skirts together and a shirt, then adding a pink ribbon and such. And I swear I cannot sew at all.

It is the thought that counts, trying to find something that could sort of look right, with the time and money that you have in mind obviously too. That is what matters really :) to me at least.

And that dress is absolutely lovely! :)

so yer i'm wearing this dress. was going to have it without the black top bit but i like the lace sleeves and the zipper doesn't always work on the dress. wore it once, washed it and now its all stiff (that's the excuse i'm going with, nothing to do with maybe i don't fit the dress, the dress doesn't fit me!)

might change my mind though if the zip is really annoying me. that'll teach me to shop at primark for a fancy dress!

1900dress.jpg

What is Primark? :)

AHAHAHAHA

it's the best shop ever! where us students shop cos we have no money :D you need to visit one while you're in england!

I love Primark (well it's Pennys here but it's the same thing) It's got to be the best store ever. I bought a gray dress there for €20 the weekend and I'm thinking of wearing it to the Gold reception on the Friday.

TaraB

Ps. Sisterspooky - That is a great dress by the way !!!!!

What is Primark? :)

AHAHAHAHA

it's the best shop ever! where us students shop cos we have no money :D you need to visit one while you're in england!

I love Primark (well it's Pennys here but it's the same thing) It's got to be the best store ever. I bought a gray dress there for €20 the weekend and I'm thinking of wearing it to the Gold reception on the Friday.

TaraB

Ps. Sisterspooky - That is a great dress by the way !!!!!

thanks, i originally bought it after work in desperation to find an outfit for halloween for £14 so went as desperate housewife with an apron, lol. but because i'm kinda short i look like a little girl dressed up on xmas day in it, hahaha.

oooh that lovely I cant believe you got it from primark!

yer the dress is from primark and the black top think was in the sale at debenams i think. in total i think it comes to about £24. i'm so cheap. lol