some questions

Well, this convention is going to be my second one and im selling like half my posessions in a car boot sale just to get a ticket (standard), but my parents will take me. You may be able to tell that I'm quite young lol.Anyway so my questions are...

1. with a standard ticket do you need to bring your own items for them to sign?

2. Can you buy photo shoot tickets on the day? Is this wise? (im only going on saturday)

3. Can you give the guests gifts?

So yeah anyone out there please get in touch.

and yes you can give the guests gifts, things like mini boxs of sealled sweets... things like teddys and big bulky items are nice but less likley to get taken with the guests.

and yes you can give the guests gifts, things like mini boxs of sealled sweets... things like teddys and big bulky items are nice but less likley to get taken with the guests.

Be warned though, John often tells people to donate to charity rather than a gift..and sweets, flowers, teddies trinkets and stuff tend to get left behind/given away. After his concert tour I believe most of the sweets went home with his sister cos as John said there's only so many one person can eat...and they won't touch home made food generally..not just the poisoning thing but just generally they don't know what's in them etc.

Edited by catfish

Be warned though, John often tells people to donate to charity rather than a gift..and sweets, flowers, teddies trinkets and stuff tend to get left behind/given away. After his concert tour I believe most of the sweets went home with his sister cos as John said there's only so many one person can eat...and they won't touch home made food generally..not just the poisoning thing but just generally they don't know what's in them etc.

i was thinking a necklace for naoko lol

i have a couple of questions about tickets - i booked 2 for myself and a friend we were not asked to put names on the booking, should i have put a note of names on as most other cons i have been to your name is printed on the badge so you can tie up also with id on arrival?

secondly for photo tickets if these are also not being sent out will there be a separate pack on arrival for these as i cant see how you can tie these up to entry tickets if i did not give names on the booking and my friend who i booked for has booked their own photo tickets?

sorry to be a pain i have been to a lot of cons but i couldnt clearly see how the two things tie up (me being blonde probably)!

many thanks nicky

Edited by buffy2k

Well the entrance tickets will be in your name and the photo tickets will be in your friends name. So your friend will have to queue and explain to the people on the reg desk that they're holding photo shoot tickets in her name but that these would be separate from the reg packs.

I'm sure it's not that uncommon and they'll be able to sort it out for you on the day.

I should say that at Eclipse I can't remember my name being on the pass they gave you - I think it had a number and a group name which was relevant for when you would get your autos and photos but I don't think my name was on it.

Question 1:

Normally you have to bring your own items, yes.

Question 2:

Yes, remaining photo session tickets will be on sale on the day. However, if a guest is really popular I personally wouldn't risk waiting. Case in point at this show John Barrowman.

Ive only ever been to a couple of sm events and you always got a photo with the autograph. I already have a few things I want to get signed but if we arent getting notice of more geusts untill closer the event it might be a bit harder to find somthing for them to sign.

Will you defo have to bring your own stuff to get signed?

i have a couple of questions about tickets - i booked 2 for myself and a friend we were not asked to put names on the booking, should i have put a note of names on as most other cons i have been to your name is printed on the badge so you can tie up also with id on arrival?

secondly for photo tickets if these are also not being sent out will there be a separate pack on arrival for these as i cant see how you can tie these up to entry tickets if i did not give names on the booking and my friend who i booked for has booked their own photo tickets?

sorry to be a pain i have been to a lot of cons but i couldnt clearly see how the two things tie up (me being blonde probably)!

many thanks nicky

You will be receiving a letter with registration numbers about two weeks before the event.

The registration packs (which contain the photo session tickets among other things) are marked with those numbers, so they will be handed out to the person that has the corresponding ticket number.

If your friend has extra photo session tickets booked in her name without having booked an actual ticket, you should contact Jola directly and let her know.

Ive only ever been to a couple of sm events and you always got a photo with the autograph. I already have a few things I want to get signed but if we arent getting notice of more geusts untill closer the event it might be a bit harder to find somthing for them to sign.

Will you defo have to bring your own stuff to get signed?

For SM events (as in Collectormania and LFACC) you always get a free photo with each autograph, that is correct. At Lockdown and Chevron 7 it was the same with each extra autograph you bought.

I honestly can't remember if at the Massive Events shows there were free photos provided for everyone for the "freebie" that's included with your ticket price. I always brought my own items to get signed.

At other organisers' shows you either have to bring something for the freebie or buy a photo from the organiser, that's what I was going from here.

You could have written the names of the persons in the comment section of the order form. :lol:

Your friend will receive an email from me questioning why she has bought photo tickets, when no entry ticket in her name has been purchased. Therefore, she would need to supply the information of the person who purchased her ticket for her with the order number.

Edited by Jola

thanks for the info. I have been to a number of cons before but i have always bought photos shoots at the event. i did wonder how this was going to work if the tickets were not being sent out how you were going to tie them up to entry tickets.

i will email nearer the time with the conf no etc for my friend when i have her info. i think i must have booked without checking as i didnt remember seeing an extra box to put names in should this not be marked more clearly as i am sure i'm not the only one who has done this. sorry for the confusion.

nicky