Guest cancellation DIRK BENEDICT

I know scheduling conflict but Dirk cancels a lot, he was meant to do Glasgow before with other group that came & cancelled. Will he ever make it to Scotland, I hope so in the future if he can still show FACE (show 'face' get it? yeh okay not that funny!).

He was big name & draw for Glasgow so real shame , but hopefully Shows can get another bigger name to replace him even if last minute.

Ghostbusters dude good guest to have, but no disrespect he's not in Dirk Benedict's league in terms of fame and being well known, most that have seen the A-Team remember them & know who they all are, apart from 3 main Ghostbusters (Dan Akroyd, etc) many won't know him until they see a picture or poster and think 'ahhh right know him now'.

Hope they get another guest to replace him as others have suggested.

Assuming guest list now is not final one? Good line up but weren't there more guests last year, or at least as many? Trying to remember.

Ghostbusters dude good guest to have, but no disrespect he's not in Dirk Benedict's league in terms of fame and being well known, most that have seen the A-Team remember them & know who they all are, apart from 3 main Ghostbusters (Dan Akroyd, etc) many won't know him until they see a picture or poster and think 'ahhh right know him now'.

Hope they get another guest to replace him as others have suggested.

Assuming guest list now is not final one? Good line up but weren't there more guests last year, or at least as many? Trying to remember.

Have to disagree with that statement....

Ernie - Ghostbusters 1 & 2, The Crow, The Basketball Diaries, Congo, and the unbelievable Oz (not to mention he appeared in the A Team :)

Dirk - Battlestar Galactica, the A Team, .........

To me theres no real comparison, id have to say that the average convention goer may feel the same.

Now im not trying to speak for anyone else or start an Ernie v Dirk argument but just felt the point had to be made is all

• Moderators

People will know Dirk from two big cult shows, but Ernie's also known for a good amount of movies and some TV shows, so I think they're fairly balanced to be honest :smile:

Of course everyone has their own opinion on who is good ..

They always say it's never finalised until the event itself. We've had guests added literally a day before, so you don't know what can happen.

And I think the lineups are even at this point.